News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

So my week had been pretty shitty so far. It just had to get better (not)
I had some translation to do, and it was due at 8 am Wednesday morning. I'd worked the day before, and I was pretty tired because I had work + some kind of training for my internship, so I decided to wake up early on Wednesday and finish my translation then. I woke up at 6, had plenty of time to finish it and... my laptop crashed. At 7:30. And I lost my homework. So I redid my translation in 25 minutes. And my laptop crashed again. Because I handed my homework after 8 am I'm going to lose something like 20%. Which means I'm pretty much going to fail considering my maximum grade is 80%, and my teacher is an ass.
I thought this couldn't get any worse.
I was fucking wrong.
I had a paper that was due on Thursday at max 23:59 pm. I have to send it to my teacher via this really shitty website. It's 23:50, I'm done, I go on the website... and the website doesn't work. It freezes. I can't do anything, reloading the page doesn't work... and guess what. It's fucking midnight. And the website magically works again! But I can't deposit my paper on there. Time's up. Meaning I automatically get 0. Wonderful.
I fucking hate life right now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

^ I've had that second problem before. Usually it happenes because EVERYONE is trying to access the site all at once, making it laggy. Gotta get things done earlier rozzzz D:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ruto

Yup, I've had the second problem too :( Except it was an application ._.

Anyway that sucks...maybe try talking to the professor? Oddly today I was complaining about all these online systems today. It makes stuff easier to grade but all these other problems come up too -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

So, I'm currently going to college on the exact opposite side of the United States as where I grew up, and my dog that I've had since I was a little kid just died, while I'm over 3,000 miles away. He was in good health when I left, so I didn't think it urgent to say goodbye, but now I never get to.
I know there are clearly worse things that can happen, and that he had to die at one point or another, but...still...

Jamaha

Quote from: Roz~ on September 26, 2013, 09:25:19 PMI had a paper that was due on Thursday at max 23:59 pm. I have to send it to my teacher via this really shitty website. It's 23:50, I'm done, I go on the website... and the website doesn't work. It freezes. I can't do anything, reloading the page doesn't work... and guess what. It's fucking midnight. And the website magically works again! But I can't deposit my paper on there. Time's up. Meaning I automatically get 0. Wonderful.
I fucking hate life right now.

Probably all the students tried to return their assignment at the same time, making the site unable to handle it. After midnight everyone just gave up so it works again.

Kind of how our registration system crashes the moment the registrations for freshman classes open. Or the site containing all the course material crashes when it's time for exams.

GaryOak

Quote from: sunnydelight18 on September 26, 2013, 06:31:26 PMI've finally discovered that the cause of my newest health problems may be something as simple as an underactive thyroid, something you can find out through one simple, quick, easy little blood test.

It has taken four different doctors specializing in three different departments to figure this out.

This has happened to some of my relatives too, one even got hospitalized for a month before they actually found that out. On the other hand when I had some weird symptoms couple of years ago the thyroid function tests were the first things to do.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Olimar12345

To my fellow music majors: ever have one of those really shitty practice sessions? =___=

Soundin like shit today, but gotta push through it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 27, 2013, 08:22:06 AMTo my fellow music majors: ever have one of those really shitty practice sessions? =___=

Soundin like shit today, but gotta push through it.

Yeah, where you just can't get anything to sound right. I just take a break and come back later.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

Ok, I told SFK this story. But here goes.

The other day I was at Wendy's with my 'friends'. You'll understand why I put that in quotes later.

We took 2 cars as we had a lot of people, one car being mine and the other being my friend Kaylee's.

So, when we get there my friend Kaylee decides to take her car to the car wash cause she loves her car and stuff. So she gets back and she tells us about washing it and stuff. And my 'friends' are like "dude there's an automatic one near by want me to show you?" and she's like "yeah!"

So, guess what.

All of them pile into her fucking car. Including my dumbass roommate who I'm already pissed at in general. So I'm stuck in my car. By myself. Driving back to campus alone while they all have a grand fucking time going through the car wash. So then I'm at campus waiting and they get back like 20 fucking minutes later acting like nothing happened.

I haven't talked to my roommate unless necessary since. And made no effort to talk to them. And guess what, none of them have checked to see if I'm ok. They knew I was pissed. My roommate asked Dan if I've been 'pissy'. Which ticks me off even more.

UGH.

FierceDeity

Unfortunately, contrary to common belief, college drama happens all too often; it's not over after high school, as many people like to say. It may get less ridiculous, but it's still there. I mean, shit, I'm just a freshman, but just off the top of my head, I've had to house people in my room because you could smell the pot in theirs from the hallway, a girl tried to pee on my roommate's bed (I'm...I'm just not gonna try to explain that one), and...yeah. But the thing is, we have too much shit to do at college to let trivial things dominate our mindsets. These are supposed to be the best years of our lives. Shit happens, and people are dicks, but think of it this way. That may have been a frustrating 20 minutes, but it doesn't have to frustrate you further. If they're good friends otherwise, don't alienate them, and maybe cut them some slack; not everybody thinks through the effects of their actions as much as they should. If they're not, and this becomes a recurring sort of thing, then there still doesn't have to be animosity; you don't have to hang out with your roommate, but you do have to live with her for the rest of the year. If it really does become a problem, try branching out more and meeting new people; getting to know more of the people in your classes, and such. It isn't good to rely on one group of friends, anyways. There are so many people to meet in college, and it's hard to know if you've met the right people yet.

I hope this helps, and I hope it doesn't seem strange that even though I have a year less of experience in college than you do (I'm assuming you're a sophomore) I'm trying to give you advice. Sometimes I just think another perspective is helpful.
In any case, I hope you feel better :) college is stressful enough as it is, haha

Ruto

Quote from: ETFROXX on September 27, 2013, 09:33:00 PMOk, I told SFK this story. But here goes.

The other day I was at Wendy's with my 'friends'. You'll understand why I put that in quotes later.

We took 2 cars as we had a lot of people, one car being mine and the other being my friend Kaylee's.

So, when we get there my friend Kaylee decides to take her car to the car wash cause she loves her car and stuff. So she gets back and she tells us about washing it and stuff. And my 'friends' are like "dude there's an automatic one near by want me to show you?" and she's like "yeah!"

So, guess what.

All of them pile into her fucking car. Including my dumbass roommate who I'm already pissed at in general. So I'm stuck in my car. By myself. Driving back to campus alone while they all have a grand fucking time going through the car wash. So then I'm at campus waiting and they get back like 20 fucking minutes later acting like nothing happened.

I haven't talked to my roommate unless necessary since. And made no effort to talk to them. And guess what, none of them have checked to see if I'm ok. They knew I was pissed. My roommate asked Dan if I've been 'pissy'. Which ticks me off even more.

UGH.

Just let them all pile into her car again for a days-long road trip if they think it's so fun >__> Anyway it just seems like one of those pointless fooling around things. Just like how everyone in my old dorm seemed to love the idea of baking cooking for dinner, leaving the kitchen area a mess and hogging the stove/oven.

Today all my sisters went out to dinner without inviting me or telling me about it. I couldn't meet up for lunch but you'd think they'd call me about dinner...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

Quote from: FierceDeity on September 27, 2013, 11:52:40 PMUnfortunately, contrary to common belief, college drama happens all too often; it's not over after high school, as many people like to say. It may get less ridiculous, but it's still there. I mean, shit, I'm just a freshman, but just off the top of my head, I've had to house people in my room because you could smell the pot in theirs from the hallway, a girl tried to pee on my roommate's bed (I'm...I'm just not gonna try to explain that one), and...yeah. But the thing is, we have too much shit to do at college to let trivial things dominate our mindsets. These are supposed to be the best years of our lives. Shit happens, and people are dicks, but think of it this way. That may have been a frustrating 20 minutes, but it doesn't have to frustrate you further. If they're good friends otherwise, don't alienate them, and maybe cut them some slack; not everybody thinks through the effects of their actions as much as they should. If they're not, and this becomes a recurring sort of thing, then there still doesn't have to be animosity; you don't have to hang out with your roommate, but you do have to live with her for the rest of the year. If it really does become a problem, try branching out more and meeting new people; getting to know more of the people in your classes, and such. It isn't good to rely on one group of friends, anyways. There are so many people to meet in college, and it's hard to know if you've met the right people yet.

I hope this helps, and I hope it doesn't seem strange that even though I have a year less of experience in college than you do (I'm assuming you're a sophomore) I'm trying to give you advice. Sometimes I just think another perspective is helpful.
In any case, I hope you feel better :) college is stressful enough as it is, haha

A few things:
A) My roommates a boy, he lives with my boyfriend and I in our house
2) I am indeed a sophomore
C) I understand your point, but to me this just verified my feeling that they would not be there for me emotionally if anything bad happened. We laugh and have fun but when push comes to shove, I know I don't matter. They have 'Dr. Phil' talks all the time, I'm never involved in those.
4) Thank you for your advice, I'm still trying to figure out my next move with this.

Quote from: Ruto on September 28, 2013, 08:57:56 PMJust let them all pile into her car again for a days-long road trip if they think it's so fun >__> Anyway it just seems like one of those pointless fooling around things. Just like how everyone in my old dorm seemed to love the idea of baking cooking for dinner, leaving the kitchen area a mess and hogging the stove/oven.

Today all my sisters went out to dinner without inviting me or telling me about it. I couldn't meet up for lunch but you'd think they'd call me about dinner...

So you must know how poopy I feel. It just hurts to feel like no one gives a shit about me.

FireArrow

Quote from: ETFROXX on September 29, 2013, 07:49:37 AMSo you must know how poopy I feel. It just hurts to feel like no one gives a shit about me.

Kind of an odd discussion for me to join in, considering I'm a only a freshman in high school, but that last sentence really struck me. Sometimes the way people actually feel will surprise you - they could just think that you don't like them. If they really don't care about you though, then get new friends. No point in wasting your time trying to fit it with people who aren't willing.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

Quote from: FireArrow on September 29, 2013, 05:46:25 PMSometimes the way people actually feel will surprise you
True dat. Although, them thinking you don't like them isn't the only possible reason. A lot of times it's really hard for people to empathize with others over this sort of thing, because everybody has their own tolerances/lack thereof for certain social situations. They probably don't think/realize it was that big of a deal. Because, from a strictly objective viewpoint, that's just 20 minutes of your time you spent by yourself. However, put into context, it does imply a lack of consideration, and I can see how that would be frustrating. I'd try to get a read on their actual feelings; maybe speak up the next time something like this is starting to happen and say (preferably not too angrily :P again, don't want to alienate them) how you'd like to join in. If they let you, and there's nothing weird about it, I'd venture to say that the original problem was just a misunderstanding. If it does turn into a problem again, like I said, there are so many people to meet in college; by no means do the ones you've already met have to be the last.

And, if it's any consolation, people on here care about you :P

FierceDeity

Fucking idiots in my building set something on fire and so a few floors had to evacuate at 2 in the morning...and I'm really sick and have class in less than 7 hours...fuuuuuck