News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I need to come up with $2000 in 2 weeks.

This is not going to be fun. With no job, no income really... and at the worst time ever (when everyone has no money)...

I just wish my firm gave me my moving expenses early. Not at the end of january

SuperFireKirby

I thought you had a job? Or is it an internship?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

It's a job that starts in January... in San Jose.

I have to put down 1st months rent on a place plus moving expenses... which equates to $2000.

Starting in January (besides my salary), I'll be receiving about $5000, but I have to wait until certain times (firm reimbursements of moving expenses, CPA exam fees and a quite large tax refund)

I do have a plan: Ask family and friends if I can borrow $100 or $200 and pay them back in February. I hope it works.

And even though I make over $50,000 a year (which in the bay area is like $30,000 everywhere else), It's gonna be hard to find money to pay for other things!

--
EDIT:
So I think I figured it out. Unfortunately, living in an area in that I do, I have been afforded a certain standard of living. I guess its time to get rid of the lavishness.

Like this Starbucks card I have that is METAL, It's worth about $500, and then there's my iPhone, which is also $500 (64GB) -- I can get a flip phone (also cheaper plan).

And then there is the extra crap from selling my laptop (I have to give $1000 of it to my grandparents after I borrowed money from them) -- so that's about $1300 -- which covers my rent exactly.

Then theres the $50 from selling my computer monitor (net after a new one).. I guess I can get the rest from my family/friends who have money.

Waddle Bro

DrP, I'd recommend you to start a savings account, in case you ever get unemployed and this situation reappears. Or to just have savings for a house f.e.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

DrP

I once had a few finals at 7:10.

I would pull an allnighter and just go to the final (only if I didn't have any others the rest of the day -- which it always happened to be)

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 08, 2013, 09:29:28 PMDrP, I'd recommend you to start a savings account, in case you ever get unemployed and this situation reappears. Or to just have savings for a house f.e.
This situation won't reappear, I'll be sure of it... and I have many savings accounts that I dont use (though I will open one soon with my main bank-- once I get money from work)

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2013, 09:36:05 AMLol mine was at 7:30, quit your whining.

Dont kid yoself, any exam before 9 is 2early.  At least it's better than the 8:30am Saturday I had my first two years almost every term ~.~

And Dude, waking up early for work is most definitely different than having to wake up for school :P

I don't know how it works, but it is magically substantially more difficult...

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 09, 2013, 11:04:56 AMDont kid yoself, any exam before 9 is 2early.  At least it's better than the 8:30am Saturday I had my first two years almost every term ~.~

And Dude, waking up early for work is most definitely different than having to wake up for school :P

I don't know how it works, but it is magically substantially more difficult...

Not really. I always get up on time with no problem. If you have problems getting up for school you're gonna have problems getting up for work lmao.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I am stating this from personal experience which I have affirmed with others, so grats to u then ::)

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Waking up for work at 7 is all like "OKAY LET'S DO THIS!" except with a lot less enthusiasm because Moe's sucks.

Waking up for school at 9 is all like "FUCK THE WORLD, LET ME GO BACK TO SLEEP."

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

This seems kinda trivial in the rant thread... but...  I just REALLY REALLY HATE it when my SOCK gets STUCK in my BOOT.
Now it may SEEM trivial but the fact that it happens EVERY TIME and ONLY on the LEFT sock really gets me steamed...  It's just NOT NATURAL!
unmotivated

Dude

So whenever i see the name Moe, i always pronounce it moh-eh in my head.

D:

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 09, 2013, 11:38:46 AMI am stating this from personal experience which I have affirmed with others, so grats to u then ::)

Organic chemistry finals at 8 am twice! I win, right?

Quote from: Dude on December 09, 2013, 04:44:23 PMSo whenever i see the name Moe, i always pronounce it moh-eh in my head.

D:

Hurling a brick at the computer screen helps.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.