News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

Quote from: Yugi on February 01, 2014, 09:46:34 PMIt was something in Minecraft.

I'll just say that he gave away the location of my base, that I'd spent countless of dozens of hours working on, to an enemy to befriend them... and in the process, I lost almost all my stuff I had there. He said he tried saving my best items, but "died" and lost them all.

Great.

mikey

My brother deleted my wind waker file...  I had only 11 heart pieces to find until I was 100% in the second playthrough ;_;
unmotivated

DrP

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 02, 2014, 06:11:02 AMMy brother deleted my wind waker file...  I had only 11 heart pieces to find until I was 100% in the second playthrough ;_;
You calmly tell him that he wasted 40 hours of your life that you'll never get back again

or you just scream at him.

(I would do both simultaneously if I had a brother)

mikey

Quote from: DrP on February 02, 2014, 08:40:30 AMYou calmly tell him that he wasted 40 hours of your life that you'll never get back again

or you just scream at him.

(I would do both simultaneously if I had a brother)
Oh it took more than 40 hours...  because it was the second playthrough :/
And I'm notoriously bad at video games.
unmotivated

Ruto

I'm cold and the mayor is being a douchebag and not closing schools like he should. If anyone cares about the photos I took on Monday and Tuesday, here:

Monday:

(Yes, half of that tree blew down during Hurricane Sandy. There's about 8" piled up.)

Today:

*Tries not to be killed by falling icicle*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

I was gonna say it's not really bad enough to warrant closing schools, but then I realized my university probably just takes really good care of the section of the city where the campus is...
Cold-wise, though, cmon, I'm from california, and I find this totally manageable :P

Also I love de blasio, hahahaha

Mashi

To note on Ruto's pictures, those trees aren't just covered in snow.

They are literally frozen.

The entire trees are covered in ice.

Ruto

Try taking the train in an above ground station (I was pretty shocked to see that much snow and ice piled up by the afternoon!), jumping across puddles, walking over the ice in front of empty stretches of sidewalk...all over the city. (That dumbass Hale and Hearty near my school never seems to clear the ice from their sidewalk) Not just on campuses where they can probably pay someone a few dollars to keep the paths in check! I went out at night when there was about 9" of snow piled up and didn't see any plowed streets in the middle of Queens and Manhattan UWS -.-

At least Bloomberg called snow days and Hurricane Sandy -.- And the streets were plowed on time! Before everyone started going home from work!

Yes, Mashi is right!!! The forecast predicted hail and snow and we got a lot of freezing rain. Did you see the trees before the ice melted?

Check:

FierceDeity

Lower manhattan is pretty nice though :3
And yeah, we had some frozen trees here too XD

I'm mostly just fed up with my school cancelling classes/people at my school complaining so much when A: it's not that cold (most common question from home: "OH MY GOD IT'S SO COLD THERE ARE YOU OK"; most common answer: "Yes, because I'm wearing more clothes."), B: our own area is plowed/salted pretty regularly, and C: most of the people who go here (at least in my year) have to walk like 8 blocks max to get to a class.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ruto

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 08, 2014, 03:04:20 PMThe trees freeze on a regular basis here :P

Ohhh do you have better pictures? I want to see it since I've never seen it before that day :O And I didn't have a dslr then either...

Roz~

I see frozen trees multiple times a year too =P
I should take a picture of them one day.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

New avatar!

It pretty much sums up how I feel everyday now.

mikey

unmotivated