News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

My older brother accidentally installed malware on our laptop (mostly just advertising programs- nothing too harmful, fortunately) because he thought it was an update for Google Chrome.

YES.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

but Google Chrome automatically updates itself!!

Also, I just got home from work!! (Yay 14 hour day!)

Bubbles

I'm so done with school, but not for the reason you'd expect. Since this is a new year, obviously I would have a different schedule for classes than I did last year. The problem is, so do all my friends. I literally have absolutely no classes with any of my best friends (except for one free period every 6 days, whoopie). So weh, make new friends! I actually did, surprising myself since I didn't really think I was capable of it.

These new people are destroying me. They're literally walking memes, no matter how hard they swear against them. In the middle of a big crowd, on multiple occasions I've had one turn to me and say in a very loud voice something like, "So how far did you get in your Pokedex in Pokemon?". I haven't gone a single day since September without hearing a mention of Tumblr or anime. I am an extreme closet nerd. That is not okay. If I even think about saying anything like "shush stop" I instantly feel extremely shitty because they're just trying to make innocent conversation. Whenever they talk to me anymore, I completely shut down. I can't even remember the last time I've looked them in the eye or even in their direction when we're having a conversation, but they don't take the hint or notice at all.

I've seriously considered dropping these guys many times (theres about 3 or 4?), but if I do I'll have to endure the rest of the school year completely alone (not to mention having to see them in every class and dealing with the awkwardness). My other friends refer to them as my "fan club", since its very obvious. I'm slowly getting more and more distant from them, my other friends, and people in general. I can't even talk to any new people anymore since there's always at least one of them clinging to my hip

I've been holding this in for a while since they're pretty active on the internet and I didn't want any of them to possibly find this, but I don't care anymore. Find me. Do something.

mikey

Um...

UM...

... Tell both groups of friends how you feel about the situation.  The good friends will understand!

I feel proud of that!
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Just dump them and take on high school alone.

That's seriously what I would do, but I don't think that's what you want to hear so eh idk.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on February 11, 2014, 05:38:29 PMI'm slowly getting more and more distant from them, my other friends, and people in general.
You are finally coming over to our side. We in the shadows welcome you. :K

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 11, 2014, 06:11:30 PMJust dump them and take on high school alone.
I actually agree with this. If you can't have good friends, don't have friends (at least, that's what I go on- what's the point of having friends if they're not good friends?)! As Nocturne said:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2014, 06:00:09 PMTell both groups of friends how you feel about the situation.  The good friends will understand!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 11, 2014, 06:11:30 PMJust dump them and take on high school alone.

That's seriously what I would do, but I don't think that's what you want to hear so eh idk.
There's no way I could do that. I like interacting with people, just not those people. And this is only until the end of the year, since next year I will (hopefully) have a different schedule than them.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2014, 06:00:09 PMUm...

UM...

... Tell both groups of friends how you feel about the situation.  The good friends will understand!

I feel proud of that!
If I say anything, they'll leave. I'd drop them in a heartbeat if I wasn't being so selfish about needing someone to be with.

Kman96

Bubbles my dear, I will go through all trials and tribulations to come to New Jersey and wish you away to a place where you can live in solitude along with all the other hibernating NSMers.

...we really ought to just get a place and call it the "NSM cave" where we keep cool video games and the NinSheetMobile, etc.

Also, we need a NinSheetMobile.
Party Hard!
[close]

spitllama

It's not often that I can relate 100% to something that someone brings up in this thread. Bubbles I hear ya. I went through the same thing. I was a complete closet nerd in high school and the closest my love of video games ever got to my social life was friending NSMers on Facebook xD

Then those irl friends, the ones that you're talking about, completely blew my cover. Like no turning back. I brought my DS for them to oo and aah over some shinies and they ran around the building with it shouting how many cool pokemanz I had (they weren't that cool, they were just noobs).

Quickly realized that nobody really cared though. If you have enough social skills (as it sounds like you do) to be engaging and make a solid friend group, all while closeting away the nerd realm, you can still be that same person, attract the same people, and also make a Pikachu joke every once in a while. Just be you (cliche but true).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

You can't wish for solitude and companionship at the same time. That said, you need to figure out what you want in friends before you start complaining about the quality of friendship being offered to you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Lol I was very much a non-closeted nerd in high school, but my social life worked out fine. People really don't care, as long as your personality doesn't otherwise resemble the stereotype. My closest friends were similar, yeah, but that doesn't mean I couldn't branch out just because I came to school on Halloween dressed up as stuff like Ash Ketchum, Toad, and Han Solo. Maybe it's not as easy for girls, idk, but in my experience, people don't actually dislike nerdiness, they just dislike the antisocial personality that tends to come with it.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, if you stick to yourself most of the time, your nerdiness has nothing to do with it as your body language clearly indicates to other people "No, not you. Go away."

Being a "loner" is a double-edged sword like that.

Bubbles

Oh believe me, the nerds in my school are FAR from antisocial...and I'm enough in the middle of the two to know I don't want to be on that side. There's next to no actual confrontation to those you dislike, its mainly all gossip. I'm trying to not offend anyone, but my school is not a place to be a nerd.

Quote from: spitllama on February 11, 2014, 07:20:02 PMThen those irl friends, the ones that you're talking about, completely blew my cover. Like no turning back. I brought my DS for them to oo and aah over some shinies and they ran around the building with it shouting how many cool pokemanz I had (they weren't that cool, they were just noobs).

Quickly realized that nobody really cared though. If you have enough social skills (as it sounds like you do) to be engaging and make a solid friend group, all while closeting away the nerd realm, you can still be that same person, attract the same people, and also make a Pikachu joke every once in a while. Just be you (cliche but true).
I brought in my DS too, but the difference is I regret it. As soon as I took it out of my bag I let her play it by herself and pulled out some homework or something, acting like I wasn't with her xD And I'm not really sure if I have good social skills or not. I tend to be quieter than the norm but no one really ignores me for it. I might go a day or two without talking to anyone but my immediate friends, but I always try to keep my body language looking like I do care (like Maestro said). I'm just too much of a nervous mess to interact sometimes hehh

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 11, 2014, 07:27:57 PMYou can't wish for solitude and companionship at the same time. That said, you need to figure out what you want in friends before you start complaining about the quality of friendship being offered to you.
I know exactly what I want in a friend, the problem is that they're just not available for the next five months

I think my main issue here is that they don't have any self control, which is a huge deal and what I strive for most. They get praised by teachers and online people for it, so that encourages them even more >.>

MaestroUGC

How I got over my unsociability: Stop thinking about it and let your inner weird shine.

SlowPokemon

In general, if you have to hide how you feel, you're not okay with how you feel. Being dishonest is no way to do anything. If you don't tell them you need a break from being friends you're almost being unfair to them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.