News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Idk I just thought it would go away and it never did. I mean, I have a clean medical record and stuff.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: zoroark1264 on March 24, 2014, 05:03:04 AMIdk I just thought it would go away and it never did. I mean, I have a clean medical record and stuff.
And this is why people die to tumors.

BlackDragonSlayer

People usually don't go to the doctor every time they're sick, but four months is a bit long to wait (I've sometimes had lingering coughing from a cold for a while after all my other symptoms go away, but never for anywhere near four months time).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Last year my mom had the exact same problem (normal cough, just lasted for like two months) and it turned out to be whooping cough. You might want to look into it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

I had an upset stomach and other symptoms like that for a week or two before I went to the doctor, but they said I was completely fine. They tried all kids of tests but here I am a year and two months later with the same problem and no solution. I've kinda gotten used to it, so I understand how people can just forget to get something checked out after it's become a part of their lives.

SlowPokemon

There are even people who have permanent headaches... that is, headaches that last for years with no break
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

It's kind of odd that doctors can just be doctors like that. If they weren't sure, they'd ask the chemist (lab work) or mathematician (statistics/probability) or another doctor for an answer. Shouldn't they be fairly certain at some point in their practice or able to make such connections? ._. I won't even get credit for a problem if I didn't get it right on the first try...

I think I knew a guy who had similar problems, but it took 5 years for them to figure out it was celiac disease for some reason. It's probably not something that serious, but maybe it's something you're eating?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bubbles

I went a week or two with specific restrictions on my diet (no dairy, etc) and the only thing we haven't tried yet is omitting gluten. Honestly though I'd rather eat gluten and suffer than be diagnosed and have to avoid it forever. I'd be miserable if I had to live gluten free

SuperFireKirby

I live with a gluten-free person. God, how I miss wheat.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

braix

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 24, 2014, 02:10:32 PMThere are even people who have permanent headaches... that is, headaches that last for years with no break
It's interesting that you mention that: my mother is one of those people (frequent headaches that last for very long times without any complete relief, varying in pain level, but not migraines)- she even had brain surgery years ago to remove a tumor (I remember it especially well because it was only two days before my birthday). We think she might have a CSF leak, but otherwise, we (and the doctors) have no idea what's causing it (and all of her medical problems have been going on since she was young).

In addition, she has Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (and she's probably not the only one in our family to have it).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

Quote from: Bubbles on March 24, 2014, 03:57:53 PMHonestly though I'd rather eat gluten and suffer than be diagnosed and have to avoid it forever.

If you had full on Celiac disease, you'd probably think differently once your intestines started destroying themselves XD and if not then, at least once you've died

Both my mom and my best friend at college have it, it's not a pretty disease in the slightest. Alternatives to wheat products are becoming more and more abundant, though.

I've actually gone through the same exact process you're going through now; shitload of tests, dietary restrictions, etc. It's possible you just have a really sensitive system, like me (at least, that's what they decided after all of those tests), in which case you just have to do what I do and eat especially healthy. It's also possible that you have irritable bowel syndrome, which is essentially what doctors go to when they've checked off every possible food allergy/intolerance and possible unhealthy eating habit. Honestly, hope that you either have a generally sensitive system or Celiac disease, because from what my doctor told me, they don't have a very effective way of treating IBS as of right now. Hell, they don't even have an effective method of testing for it.

Although I'm surprised they didn't already test you for Celiac, considering it's (generally) detectable from antibody levels in a simple blood test, and they probably already had you take one.

Bubbles

Yeah I took a ton of blood tests but I don't remember hearing any important results (except for other things messed up in my thyroids, gah)? And I thought about IBS too, but like you said there's no definitive diagnosis or treatment so really whats the point

DrP

I had to go gluten and dairy free starting at age 7 (before it was cool and there was an abundance of products like that -- we had to go to special health food stores to find it).

And the best part was, I went in for tests around age 9, NO ALLERGIES... but did that give my mom any ideas to let me have wheat and dairy?? NO! I wasn't allowed to have dairy products until high school (and I figured out ways to coax adults into letting me have Mac & Cheese or ice cream or all that food).

and let me tell you... it SUCKED. Barley pasta... it literally turned to mush. and soy cheese... YUCK!

I also have the crazy thyroid stuff, so I have to take pills for the rest of my life.