News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: Bubbles on April 11, 2014, 09:41:18 PM...I can't go up and talk with someone unless we make eye contact first. It's ridiculous, but I can't do it. So the whole night I kept trying to catch his eye...
Story of my life.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on April 11, 2014, 09:41:18 PMI went to my sister's middle school play tonight, and there was surprisingly a kid from my current school there.  I've wanted to get closer to him for a while, and I think the feeling is somewhat mutual. The problem is, I can't go up and talk with someone unless we make eye contact first. It's ridiculous, but I can't do it. So the whole night I kept trying to catch his eye and I saw him doing it too until I left without ever talking. Now he probably thinks I'm a snob and I've been beating myself up all night for being a wimp
Society dictates that he make contact to you first.
Lucky.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

It's the most ridiculous thing in the world and unless you legit think women have it better in life than men I'll give you the chance to retract your statement
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 12, 2014, 07:36:37 AMSociety dictates that he make contact to you first.
Lucky.
But I'm a guy too?? I don't see how society dictates anything there

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

I never make the first move, all the women come to me.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

Either way, I'm not interested in him romantically. In fact, I'm kinda involved with his friend so that's be really weird

MaestroUGC

Oooo, Bubbles, it's not good to have a wandering eye...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

I had to give up a friend last Wednesday because she didn't want to jeopardize her relationship, and I've been feeling terrible since then.

It's kinda a long story. We met in the pit orchestra for Sweeney Todd; after that ended, I got her phone number. She told me she wanted to be careful about texting guys because her boyfriend got jealous, so I was careful about letting her start the conversations. That basically got thrown out the window, and I gave up trying to help. Over spring break we both sent each other in excess of 150 messages a day. Her boyfriend got upset when she told him, as you could imagine, so we decided not to talk over the phone.

After a few days, she asked me for math tutoring, so I agreed, and helped her for a few days. One morning, her boyfriend apparently came looking for her, saw her talking to me, and got really mad about it. I don't know what he said to her or what she said to him, but she ended up telling me that I couldn't be in her life at all anymore, and I'm just really depressed.

Yes, I liked her. Yes, I told her. I also told her that I didn't expect anything at all from her. She also flat out said that she would have gone out with me if she didn't have a boyfriend, and was pretty blatant in general about liking me back as much as she would let herself.

So there's my "My Life Sucks" story... I feel stuck... Maybe saying something will help.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Don't you love girls who say they would date you if they didn't have a boyfriend? Because I'm in the exact same situation.

You know what my comment to a girl like that is? Fuck you. Fuck you for leading me on. If you want to date me, break up with your fucking boyfriend and date me. Don't play with my emotions. If you really wanted to date me, you wouldn't be continuing your current relationship.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Waddle Bro

That's like saying "you're my plan b".

Also I'd leave anyone for Slow js

FierceDeity

I mean, it's definitely more complicated than "break up with him to be with me". There's a lot of stigma attached to doing that; if you just up and leave the relationship whenever somebody else comes along, that doesn't set too high of a bar for your level of commitment in that next relationship, either. Granted, her boyfriend sounds like an asshole, so she should really break up with him for that more than anything.

As for my romantic life, that girl I was going to ask out last week, I asked her to dinner today, and she said that sounds awesome, but she's busy this week (i.e. had plans for the time I asked her out to dinner for), and we'll definitely hang out later.

And I don't know what that means.

Bubbles

Girl's perspective: its not always that easy. I personally would never tell a guy that just to avoid drama (even if it was true). If you broke up with one guy to immediately go out with another, some nasty rumors would spread and will probably make everyone unhappy

By hearing your side of the story, it doesn't sound like they're in too good of a relationship and she just hasn't realized it yet. I'm sure she'll come to you after they break up.

ninja'd: Fierce always says things so much better than me. It probably means she had plans but intends to schedule a make-up dinner when shes free?