News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

i started typing that before you changed it so shush

Waddle Bro

MLF, I respect your religion and beliefs, but religion doesn't give anyone the right to offend anyone.

FierceDeity

But again, it's not just marriage. They're against premarital sex (which, seeing as they don't recognize gay marriage, would mean all sex for homosexuals), and there's still that one passage in Leviticus that people seem to love bringing up. Sure, some interpretations focus on the marital aspect and ignore the rest, but that seems a very half-assed, PR-oriented compromise, as well as fairly uncommon within the faith itself.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 16, 2014, 09:11:19 PMMLF, I respect your religion and beliefs, but religion doesn't give anyone the right to offend anyone.

Double post because I'm on my phone and editing is hard, but technically nobody has the right to remain unoffended, and this is fair because it includes religious people! It's just a matter of courtesy to not be that much of a dick about it, and if he's not willing to put in the effort to extend that courtesy, then neither am I.

DrP

As a Catholic and being taught stuff in the Church, we aren't against homosexuality (or anything that suggests heteronormativity -- that heterosexuality is right and everything else is wrong), we are taught to not act on the feelings (e.g. premarital sex, etc) as everyone is taught.

It's in the nature in being a good Christian to love everyone, no matter what paths they have come from, whether it be race, other religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc.. It's just that people take things too seriously. And the fact many of them think it's a choice. It's not like many of us choose our sexual orientation, it just happens to be what we're born with and we can choose to accept it or not (I know I have).

In the eyes of the Church, marriage is a sacrament that is something that is not taken into likely (Vegas weddings come to mind and the movie What Happens in Vegas "Gay people aren't destroying the sanctity of marriage... you people (drunken Vegas marriages) are) and to produce offspring (as Bubbles has written). In terms of rights (Joint tax returns, insurance benefits, death benefits, etc...), I don't see the issue, but if a church refuses to accept it, then so be it... that's why we have separation of Church and State (though sometimes, I don't think that's the case).

BlackDragonSlayer

I am going to stay away from this argument for now. I think DrP has said a lot of things that we can all agree to/accept?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

For as much as I enjoy reading these debates you people need to learn to handle your differences and issues with each other privately, via a private message that these forums so nicely offer you, and stop dragging each other through these long tirades that are quite frankly rather an ugly blight on an otherwise pleasant community.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 16, 2014, 09:49:11 PMI am going to stay away from this argument for now.
I think we can all stay away from this argument, right now.

Yugi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 16, 2014, 10:15:08 PMExceptional diction, future president-sir!
i thought that mlf was the president

Also, I'lll make a post that explains my thoughts on Christianity/Homosexuality.

Dude

Ruto

Quote from: Yugi on November 17, 2014, 12:06:39 AMi thought that mlf was the president

Also to be clear, no one is as cute as Linky. So in no way is that a compliment to any of you. I just enjoy the idea of shaking people that deserve it.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on November 17, 2014, 12:36:37 AM

+1
You know, phantom hourglass was such a great game, people should really give it more credit.
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 16, 2014, 08:41:02 PMMeanwhile, the very claim you made that everybody is heterosexual by "default" is NOT objectively true, according to the evidence we have seen thus far.
Didn't say that.... I dont think everyone is heterosexual by default.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 16, 2014, 10:19:33 PMI think we can all stay away from this argument, right now.
I agree.
Let's stop.....forever, haha :)

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 17, 2014, 07:12:49 AMI agree.
Let's stop.....forever, haha :)
you say that now, but we all know in a week this will happen again and you'll just get upset.

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 16, 2014, 08:47:55 PMAlso, keep in mind that a lot of Catholics aren't particularly satisfied with Pope Francis right now.
HOW CAN ANYONE HATE YA BOY POPE FRANCIS THAT GUY IS FREAKING AWESOME
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*