The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: Kman96 on January 04, 2015, 02:57:10 PMIts already being ordered and has shipped from Amazon and should be here by Saturday. Investigations, too. I'm not ready to play Sual Destinies yet, I'm just taking stock and making sure I'll have it when I am ready. I'm building my collection.
Holy crap, you really like this series, huh?  :o Excellent
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

herpaderp didn't read carefully

I'd just go with a mindset that you're gonna need the SD card again, Nintendo offered games through download a lot last year. I doubt like they'd change it this year.

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on January 04, 2015, 02:49:23 PMI just found out that Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is a download-only title. That really ticks me off. I was okay with the trilogy being download only, because I saw it similar to virtual console, but on the whole, I can't stand downloading games. I prefer retail.

I'm not debating the ethics of download vs. Retail, it's obvious that downloading games is easier and altogether simpler than carrying around multiple game cards, but that's just it - losing games is easy.

Lots of people worry that they'll lose their games if they carry them around all the time, which is of course, possible, but it's also possible to only lose just a limited number of games by some accident, etc. With downloaded games, they're all saved to the system (or SD card), which, should anything happen to it (or them), you've lost everything. Personally, if given the choice, I'd rather misplace or lose just a couple of games rather than have my entire library gone due to damage or system disorder.

Now, this is all subjective I realize, but in order for the ace attorney trilogy to even fit on my 3ds, I had to make a lot of tough decisions as to what I should delete from my saved software. I don't want to do that again just to put a game on there that I could have bought in store somewhere (let's be real, the trilogy was a bundle). I'm aware that I could simply buy another sd card, but it's not worth it for me to buy another sd card for just ONE game! As I mentioned previously I don't like downloading games, so there hopefully wouldn't be any need for it otherwise...

Ugh. I just want to play Dual Destinies. Can I just have that, please?

Unfortunately, this is not a decision by Nintendo to "encourage the downloading of games" or anything. This is the only way Capcom can afford to publish the games in the United States. The sequel to Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth never even released outside of Japan, so it's something of a blessing that we're even getting the new Ace Attorney releases again. The best thing you could do for Capcom and the continued existence of the series in America would be to download the game, and your options for doing that would be to get a slightly bigger SD card, back up your save data of the trilogy and uninstall it to make room for Dual Destinies, or download the iOS version (which is very good, in HD, and cheaper than the 3DS version if you're into that). It sucks but that's the way it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'd almost always rather have the cartridge myself, especially with a game I love as much as Ace Attorney. But it's just not an option.

FYI, in Japan, all games in the series (including the 3DS trilogy) have a cartridge release :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

blueflower999

Dual Destinies is actually cheaper than your average 3DS title. (30$ as opposed to 40$)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 04, 2015, 05:07:48 PMDual Destinies is actually cheaper than your average 3DS title. (30$ as opposed to 40$)

Well it's technically $36 when you factor in the DLC case (which is NOT optional)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 04, 2015, 04:34:18 PMwhy do downloads cost more than cartridge games

Your understanding of the situation is so bad that I can't even respond to it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I mean like in general.
When you get software from the 3DS shop it costs the same as the physical game, but you're not paying for packaging/shipping/hardware at all.
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Because Nintendo doesn't know how to sales. Retailers can reduce prices however they want (to an extent probably)

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

I've got a LOT of things to rant about. Where shall I start?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

blueflower999

How about with not making a vague and pointless post like that.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

ThatGamer

That's not pointless, when placed in this thread. How could you, Maelstrom?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatGamer

Well, for starters, life's a bitch. School is as well. Nothing ever happens. I could literally spend my whole day on NSM. I'm unable to enjoy life. Unable to be warm. Unable to be popular. Unable to ever be married. Unable to eat Cheerios. Unable to make a successful thread without being panned. Unable to have freedom. Unable to speak. Unable to be religious. Unable to say unable. Always ridiculed. Always laughed at. Always put down. Never appreciated. Never liked. Never loved. Abandoned at birth. Taken in by weird people. Ignored. Shall I continue?

I guess I should be grateful to have a computer.