The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Quote from: Nebbles on January 20, 2015, 04:51:30 PMoh man, did i walk in on a shitstorm

Na, it's just K-Night.

However I feel like Maestro is going up for some really sick s**t like a gun/saber-duel... I don't know...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Nebbles

uh? it doesn't look like he's done anything wrong...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO STOP BEING A PUSSY, SADDLE UP THAT DICK, AND GROW SOME BALLSSSSSSSSSS

OH YEAH BALLSSSSSSS

mmmmmmm just look at those balls. LOOK AT THEM YOU LITTLE SHITS

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FierceDeity

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 20, 2015, 01:43:39 PMYeaa but I guess you could say stuff like "imma ride that dick" or "wreck that pussy" without it being negative

it's vulgar, yeah, but not wrong.

Idk why you're saying "but" when it sounds like you're agreeing with me

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 20, 2015, 03:08:53 PMr u serious both of them amount to "you're weak like a GIRL!!1!1"

when's the last time you saw "dick" used to mean "you're mean like a guy?" And how often do people use the word "dick" toward people who aren't male to begin with??

Do you maybe see my point or

Lol yes I'm serious. And yeah I see your point, I just disagree with it wholeheartedly. Perhaps "having no balls" isn't exactly parallel, but "pussy" and "dick" are so goddamn similar. First of all, they're genitalia and whatnot. Second, honestly, argue subtext or microagressions all you want, but very few people are actually thinking "you're weak like a GIRLLLL" or "you're mean like a GUYYYYYY" when they say them. Yeah, I'm sure the negative connotation of "pussy" arose from that idea, but then again, so did the negative connotation of "dick". Because it is a preconception of men that they're more likely to be assholes oh wait sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone who chooses to utilize the asshole in the bedroom that's a totally respectable lifestyle choice and I am a horrible person douchebags wait no not to say that cleaning supplies for female genitalia are in any way negative but to be fair those are really counterproductive ladies you should stop using them MEAN, INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE, even if it's just a mild one (not to say that this is quite as bad as the preconception behind the usage of "pussy", but where do we draw the fucking line?). But a rare few are actually thinking about that when they say it because that's not how language works.

Personally, my train of thought for calling somebody a pussy is "Hey, I want to lightheartedly joke that this person is being somewhat cowardly (a meaning I don't actually intend, but am feigning the immaturity of intending, hence the joke, haha get it), but calling them a coward sounds a bit too archaic and serious, and calling them a chicken, weenie, scarety-cat or other variant just sounds too childish, and 'wimp' doesn't quite bear the weight that I want it to, so yeah, I'm gonna go with pussy".

Luckily, my line of thought for saying "dick" doesn't have to be so ridiculous, because nobody fucking complains about it, because who cares it's all about the intended meaning. Most kids nowadays learn the word before they even know what a literal pussy is, for fuck's sake. Not that I'm defending the vulgarity of kids screaming on xbox live, but I'm still a bit hesitant to charge them with perpetuating the patriarchy.

SuperFireKirby

Here's the difference in the terms. If you're a pussy, you're being fucked with or you are a cat. If you're a dick, you're the one fucking with people, or your name is Richard.

One gives abuse and therefore implies in some position of power, the other receives it and implies either cowardliness or fragility. So these terms in the proper context could certainly be viewed as sexist, specifically towards females. But honestly, I don't give a shit.

This lesson in swearing is brought to you by balls. Big, round, wonderful balls.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Xaoz

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2015, 05:19:21 PMHere's the difference in the terms. If you're a pussy, you're being fucked with or you are a cat. If you're a dick, you're the one fucking with people, or your name is Richard.

SuperFireKirby - Putting things in a nutshell without having his post go FierceDiety (if you know what I mean).

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2015, 05:19:21 PMThis lesson in swearing is brought to you by balls. Big, round, wonderful balls.

I thank you for this wonderful and accurate definition, good sir.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Xaoz on January 20, 2015, 05:27:18 PMSuperFireKirby - Putting things in a nutshell without having his post go FierceDiety (if you know what I mean).

I thank you for this wonderful and accurate definition, good sir.

^ I like this guy.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2015, 05:19:21 PMHere's the difference in the terms. If you're a pussy, you're being fucked with or you are a cat. If you're a dick, you're the one fucking with people, or your name is Richard.

One gives abuse and therefore implies in some position of power, the other receives it and implies either cowardliness or fragility. So these terms in the proper context could certainly be viewed as sexist, specifically towards females. But honestly, I don't give a shit.

Even then (and even if you did give a shit), I'd argue that it's not specifically toward females. More skewed against, sure, but I'm pretty sure being considered an aggressor is still a bad thing. This view of men can arguably be seen in child custody court rulings and the like (and no I'm not saying that this is nearly as bad as how women have it, because acknowledging a problem doesn't mean ceasing to acknowledge other problems). I feel like it's much less enforcing the patriarchy than it is observing it, which is why I'm not for us ceasing to use either word, but I really can't respect an argument against "pussy" if it's not accompanied by one against "dick", because they're really two sides of the same coin.

Xaoz

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 20, 2015, 05:36:43 PM^ I like this guy.

So do I! Clever, sexy and always self-deprecating. What more could you ask for?!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 20, 2015, 05:44:17 PMCan I eat you?

I was just about to post a sex-involving combeack, but I fear FierceDeity's wall of text how my post may actually debase the achievements of feminists over the past decades, so I am just gonna go with:

Yep.

braix

Oh I feared you were going to say no so I had dinner and now I'm full.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 20, 2015, 05:38:57 PMI feel like it's much less enforcing the patriarchy than it is observing it, which is why I'm not for us ceasing to use either word, but I really can't respect an argument against "pussy" if it's not accompanied by one against "dick", because they're really two sides of the same coin.
Oh no, I use both regularly to describe the behavior of both men and women(is it seriously uncommon to call girls dicks? Because that needs fixing). I think both words are just way too playful to be taken all that seriously.

Xaoz

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 20, 2015, 05:53:24 PMOh no, I use both regularly to describe the behavior of both men and women(is it seriously uncommon to call girls dicks? Because that needs fixing). I think both words are just way too playful to be taken all that seriously.

I take it back!