The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 22, 2015, 02:39:03 AMWhatever floats your boat.

No, you're actually wrong. Look at your quote: it says the state of being male or female in regard to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. You can be born female biologically and identify as male.

Then there are agender people who identify as neither male nor female and use gender-neutral pronouns like "they" or "them." I know someone like that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

How about we talk about something that remotely makes sense
unmotivated

Jub3r7

Well, we can talk about something else, but just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense! :)

I tried to make a rant recently in this thread and people accused me of coming out of nowhere and being completely random! Maybe it's true.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nebbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 22, 2015, 12:10:55 PMHow about we talk about something that remotely makes sense

mmm how 'bout you not be a total asshole kthx

Jub's right. Don't be afraid of the unknown and assume it's bad/weird/whatever. Learn to understand.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 22, 2015, 12:10:55 PMHow about we talk about something that remotely makes sense
Just be like me, I stopped trying to understand sexuality years ago.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on January 22, 2015, 12:53:25 PMmmm how 'bout you not be a total asshole kthx

Jub's right. Don't be afraid of the unknown and assume it's bad/weird/whatever. Learn to understand.
Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 22, 2015, 12:27:51 PMWell, we can talk about something else, but just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense! :)

I tried to make a rant recently in this thread and people accused me of coming out of nowhere and being completely random! Maybe it's true.
Quote from: blueflower999 on January 22, 2015, 01:01:13 PMJust be like me, I stopped trying to understand sexuality years ago.
I think I'll go with blue on this one lol
nebbs confusion != fear
unmotivated

Nebbles

that doesn't excuse you labeling gender identity as "something that doesn't make sense", sorry. try again.

DrP

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 22, 2015, 08:07:12 AMI like to use QUILTBAG so as not to leave anyone out. That is, until they discover another one...
You left out Ally.

I really didn't know much about this until I went to college.

Here's it in a nutshell (and this is pretty much a blanket -- It goes deeper than this):
Biological Sex: Male or Female -- what you're born with
Sexual orientation: A spectrum -- who you're attracted to (physically & emotionally)

blueflower999

Quote from: DrP on January 22, 2015, 03:00:05 PMYou left out Ally.
Ally isn't really in the same category as those other things, though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SuperFireKirby

I think Ally is 100% unnecessary but some dumb straight people wanted to feel included in the acronym lovefest.

Also, you guys should take it easy on Noc. Human sexuality is one of the most complicated fascets of our psyche that's still stumping psychologists and mostly exists in the realm of theories and what-ifs. Forgive the guy for being somewhat(read:very) ignorant on the topic.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

no. do not include allies. the a is for asexual.

MaestroUGC

Shouldn't allies be under "S" for straight, considering it's still a part of the overall spectrum the acronyms try to depict?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Woah, ally is actually a really important part of the LGBTQ+ community. It's what makes us not a stuck up "minorities only!" group.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

Quote from: FireArrow on January 22, 2015, 03:46:23 PMWoah, ally is actually a really important part of the LGBTQ+ community. It's what makes us not a stuck up "minorities only!" group.
They are, but the acronyms are long and confusing enough as it is. And it would follow that an ally for the cause is not part of the cause directly, and straight. Straight is part of the sexuality spectrum, therefore it should be represented as "S" for those who work with that cause.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.