News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 23, 2015, 02:27:29 PMUnfortunetly....true.

Perhaps I've misjudged you, MLF. Perhaps you're more open minded than I thought.

...or perhaps you're agreeing with an insult of nocturne just because it diverts attention from you, and not because of the reason behind it. Do tell, what is your opinion on the whole QUILTBAG issue?

Maelstrom

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 23, 2015, 04:06:02 PMDo tell, what is your opinion on the whole QUILTBAG issue?
I think, for the sake of the thread, the matter should be dropped. We don't need nore bans.

Nebbles

We should take matters like this to PM if you want to talk to certain members in private about it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on January 23, 2015, 04:30:39 PMWe should take matters like this to PM if you want to talk to certain members in private about it.
^this so much.

SuperFireKirby

Fierce, you've started enough shit for one week. So let's not go there...

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

blueflower999

Why even bother asking? We all already know the answer.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Pls excuse me while I use this topic:

Man, have I got a rant! I freaking remember when NSM was cool and filled with fun people who weren't always trying to either be offended or be offensive to others. Back when if someone said something that could have been taken negatively, they were above starting unnecessary conflict and saw it as nothing more than a common joke, miss communication/lost in translation, or something. Here's an idea: if someone says something that you find offensive, but ISN'T DIRECTLY RELATED TO YOU, OR THEY WERE'NT TALKING SPECIFICALLY TO YOU, either be the bigger man/woman and ignore them, move the topic to PM, or silently use the "report to moderator" button like a considerate forum user. My God, I swearSDFASDHFIEPRGFODLK{PFLAGP{SL

/RANT_VENT.MOV
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

we have a report button? lol

Edit: WOW IT'S RIGHT THERE HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

braix

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 23, 2015, 06:01:31 PMI freaking remember when NSM was cool and filled with fun people who weren't always trying to either be offended or be offensive to others.
Wait what

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ruto

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 23, 2015, 06:01:31 PMBack when if someone said something that could have been taken negatively, they were above starting unnecessary conflict and saw it as nothing more than a common joke, miss communication/lost in translation, or something. 

Sometimes people are pretty direct these days there's no mistake. It's like they don't even try to be considerate of the fact that people are different! Let's also not get to the blame thing---where everyone is apparently at fault except the person who started it (anyone need to know the story about Zeus and the bag of faults?). It's a bigger issue than just on the forum (my two cents).

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 23, 2015, 06:01:31 PMsilently use the "report to moderator" button like a considerate forum user.

I have to look for it, so I'm just going to whine on skype. WHIIIIINE. Hope you guys don't get flooded with stuff.

So a topic change! I'm getting really, really annoyed at people who think it's okay to sneak up on me and tickle me (or poke at sides) in public, in front of other people. I think it's totally creepy even if you're friends. Does anyone have a better solution than telling them to stop (which doesn't work)? I'm like this close to slapping. How can I appear more serious? I really don't like coming in contact with people outside of home at all. Should I wear chainmail to get my point across?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Shadoninja

this just in: you're not allowed to be offended, or address potentially problematic mindsets.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 23, 2015, 06:01:31 PMI freaking remember when NSM was cool and filled with fun people who weren't always trying to either be offended or be offensive to others.

Heh, there were actually a few individuals far in the past that got even more upset than those here (though they... lay on the opposite spectrum of beliefs shall we say)

But yes, I think most of you are starting to figure out that this particular topic is going nowhere and will likely only lead into some sort of lynch mob.  If you want to try and discuss it further feel free to do it via PM otherwise I think you'll be seeing the same last 5 pages repeating, if not escalating into something where bans will start being waved around.

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

Quote from: Ruto on January 23, 2015, 10:41:31 PMSo a topic change! I'm getting really, really annoyed at people who think it's okay to sneak up on me and tickle me (or poke at sides) in public, in front of other people. I think it's totally creepy even if you're friends. Does anyone have a better solution than telling them to stop (which doesn't work)? I'm like this close to slapping. How can I appear more serious? I really don't like coming in contact with people outside of home at all. Should I wear chainmail to get my point across?
THANK YOU. Apparently it's supposed to be a cutesy way to show friendship/greet someone but its just weird. I mostly just go "ahaha...." and look around me while shrugging them off to hopefully give them the message that it is not ok but I'm not really sure if that's working

Ruto

I think it's past the cute point, and it's just creepy now. I jump or shake them off. Mind you, it's not just people my age that does it. EWWW. The other annoying thing is that you can't say you saw an opportunity or it was an accident. I was sitting on a chair and I'm already shorter than lots of people. You would need to bend down to reach anywhere close to my ribs. Then there's grabbing the back of my neck, but thankfully that hasn't been done for a while.

What, have people never learned to keep their hands to themselves? Suddenly chainmail seems necessary -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FireArrow

Best solution: Firmly tell them not to do it and let them know how you feel. "DON'T do that anymore! I find it extremely offensive." Don't use words like "uncomfortable" because it won't come across as strong enough.

Easy Solution: Make a secret hand shake with problematic friends that doesn't involve tickling. Now when they see you, they will engage in said handshake rather than intrusive physical contact.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department