The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 16, 2015, 07:05:05 PMI'm replaying the original StarCraft games in preparation for Legacy of the Void. I was 30+ minutes into two different levels where my hero unit goes off and dies, each time. Freakin horrible unit pathing. So ticked.

I hate that.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

ZeldaFan

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 16, 2015, 09:02:35 AM3 years??? Neither of you realized you didn't like each other before then?

Well anyways, breakups are hard. I know what it's like, but 3 years is even worse. Best of luck.
We still love each other... But our lives are taking different paths right now. We might get back together later.
Thanks for the sympathy.

And thanks to Slow as well. This is my first breakup and so far, it's pretty tough.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

braix

Breakups are never nice. Wishing you the best of luck. Hopefully things will get better later.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 16, 2015, 09:56:26 PMWe still love each other... But our lives are taking different paths right now. We might get back together later.
Thanks for the sympathy.

And thanks to Slow as well. This is my first breakup and so far, it's pretty tough.

Hopefully you get back together in the future...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 16, 2015, 08:24:42 AMWell it's finally over... After 3 years together, my boyfriend and I have split up... He moved to California, and I moved here to Orem Utah to go to school. He took our dog too, and I miss them both so much :'( It was a mutual breakup, at least, neither of us really wanted to, but it might be better this way... He's the only guy I've dated and I don't want to regret not having dated anyone else if he and I were to get married.
Anyway, I don't really know where to go or what to do from here... Just take it one day at a time I guess. I'm not sure how much or how little I'll be around here in the next few weeks while my broken heart recovers. :'(
I'm sorry it had to end like that (though I suppose it could've ended worse), breakups are just sucky in general.
The best advice I can give is to make sure you can be happy whilst single; so, essentially just don't go looking for another person to replace him (but I'm sure that comes as common sense to you ^.^). Again, you probably already knew that.
Quote from: ThatGamer on August 16, 2015, 09:02:35 AM3 years??? Neither of you realized you didn't like each other before then?
Had you read her original post, you might have realized those weren't the circumstances...
In any case, this seems like it may help  ;)
what is shitpost

ThatGamer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 17, 2015, 08:59:46 AMIn any case, this seems like it may help  ;)

Basics to being tactful, huh? So...I'm not tactful enough for you?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 09:25:14 AMBasics to being tactful, huh? So...I'm not tactful enough for you?
I believe you've spoken for yourself about this.
what is shitpost

ThatGamer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 17, 2015, 09:35:43 AMI believe you've spoken for yourself about this.

:P

Wait...what does tactful mean? Out of hand?

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 09:25:14 AMBasics to being tactful, huh? So...I'm not tactful enough for you?
Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 11:31:56 AMWait...what does tactful mean? Out of hand?
Dying XD

ThatGamer

Hero of Trains

Being tactful means that you can say what you want to without ruffling anyone's feathers. It can take some practice (I'm not always good at it either) but most of it is just carefully considering the facts of the situation and the emotional states of the people involved.

In this case, Zeldafan had stated that their breakup was due to them moving far away from each other, and that neither one really wanted to break up, but they felt that it would be better for their continuing friendship (correct me if I'm wrong). She was also upset, because she cared for him. Therefore, your statement of
was somewhat offensive. A better way of putting it would have been something like "3 years? You must have really gotten to know him well in that time. It must be hard having to lose someone you're close too."
Actually, that's similar to the second half of your post, so not everything was bad about it! But it could have been better if the first part was removed.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 17, 2015, 02:18:11 PMBeing tactful means that you can say what you want to without ruffling anyone's feathers. It can take some practice (I'm not always good at it either) but most of it is just carefully considering the facts of the situation and the emotional states of the people involved.

In this case, Zeldafan had stated that their breakup was due to them moving far away from each other, and that neither one really wanted to break up, but they felt that it would be better for their continuing friendship (correct me if I'm wrong). She was also upset, because she cared for him. Therefore, your statement of  was somewhat offensive. A better way of putting it would have been something like "3 years? You must have really gotten to know him well in that time. It must be hard having to lose someone you're close too."
Actually, that's similar to the second half of your post, so not everything was bad about it! But it could have been better if the first part was removed.

Ah, I see. I really need to work on that. I try to be tactful but it's hard to tell over a forum, and not in real life...

Hero of Trains

Yes, it can be hard to gauge mood over a text based forum. But a good thing about it is that you can reread old posts, which can help you get your facts correct.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 17, 2015, 02:27:33 PMYes, it can be hard to gauge mood over a text based forum. But a good thing about it is that you can reread old posts, which can help you get your facts correct.

Yes, I could do that. I hope my tactfulness isn't what had me banned in the first place...that would be a shame...

Dude