News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: FireArrow on September 05, 2015, 04:38:27 PMSOMEONE KNOWS WHAT THIS IS <3

Oh that really annoying guy* from my physics class talked about that game.

*I missed my chance to punch him in the face because he never shuts up when I'm around and he has a really annoying accent

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Altissimo

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A day classes.
Spanish-Geometry-English 9/10-World History
FML.
what is shitpost

Saria

I TOOK THOSE CLASSES LAST YEAR AND I WAS LIKE DAFUQ WHY ARE YOU TAKING THOSE CLASSES NOW AND I LOOKED AT YOUR PROFILE AND IT TURNS OUT YOU'RE 1 YEAR YOUNGER THAN ME I THOUGHT YOU WERE 21 OR SOMETHING GODDAMN SOOTOOPOOLOO

Anyway, first day of Junior year tomorrow nonononononono it's gonna be a helluva year fuk.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Bespinben

So I'm finally starting to get a foot into my University's music department, and the first dogma I realize when landing a spot in a Synthesizer class is that:

(1) Apple-centric sequencing is the norm (Pro Tools, Logic, etc.)
(2) Sibelius is apparently the holy grail of notation software

-_____-
....why me....
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Mac OS is pretty standard for music production honestly, I have a friend that considers macbook for the sole purpose of that.

me irl
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

Lost my mind just now due to an incredibly close call.

So I use a mac for most things, that was a hand me down from my grandmother when she upgraded to a newer mac. Her older mac has every bit of data that was on it before the upgrade (Meaning it copied over before she gave it to me), and some things can't be opened on the new mac. I've had it for two years now with no issues. I was working hard on my PMD retrospective and importing an LP for footage when suddenly the 10 GB I had remaining drained rapidly, which scared me as the files weren't that big. It gave me a message saying that the startup disk was almost full and I freaked out, erasing a 22 GB 3DS Backup to barely save my mac from who knows what. When it was finally finished, I had only 13 GB left, so with my grandmother's approval I went and put a lot of her old stuff in the trash that took up a lot of space, but I haven't erased it yet as she wants to check and see if it would somehow do the same on her new computer (Which I doubt but I agreed to stay safe). After that super close call I'm incredibly scared about using iMovie. I'm scared if I make one wrong move my 10 hours of editing will be completely erased. Any Mac users have any advice on this situation? Will it affect her new computer (it hasn't in the past FYI) and if I didn't erase my 3DS backup would iMovie have corrupted everything on my computer, or just force quit? I'm really scared...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on September 13, 2015, 07:17:14 PMWill it affect her new computer

No

Just nuke the whole thing and reinstall Mac OS.  You need to do that every 1-2 years on a Mac anyway else it gets hilariously sluggish.

me irl
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 13, 2015, 11:46:45 PMNo

Just nuke the whole thing and reinstall Mac OS.  You need to do that every 1-2 years on a Mac anyway else it gets hilariously sluggish.

Well I did empty the trash upon my grandmothers approval and I now have 20 GB. Can't reinstall Mac OS X due to my fear of losing valuable data, but I am clearing out more stuff.

Now I'm worried that when I export the one hour movie it will eat all 20 gigs of data or de sync. Rather dumb I know but it's the first time I've ever made a movie this big in iMovie 11. I'm in school at the moment of this post and I can't stop worrying, which makes me frustrated. Gah, I hope nothing goes wrong as I really don't want to lose my movie to some accident...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

braix

I was late to school today because Californians can't fucking drive in the rain holy shit the traffic
It usually takes like 35 minutes but today it was like 70
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

I feel you. Traffic and parking was so bad today that after two hours I said "fuck it" and drove to another school to do HW in the library.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Oasis

@Braixen, @Olimar: Totally agree. Drove to school and there was a car in front of me doing a 10 on a 35 MPH road.
At first, I was all cool and calm, but I got so mad, I honked, but he flipped me out and went slower. There was a puddle of water on the right side so I immediately switched lanes and splashed the hell out of him.
The look on his face was so funny, it made my day. I hate slow drivers, they piss me off.
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"