The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Altissimo on November 15, 2015, 12:43:28 PMIt's highly irrelevant that's all

also maestro that's not a raaaant

Emm I meant that I actually can do very good things if I care about things, that was what I meant. I'm not some stone-cold killer who just hates everyone. I'm only very emotional, so I get really upset when stuff like this happens.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 15, 2015, 12:55:25 PMTobbeh your hatred of an entire group of individuals is immature. Blindly hating an entire group of people is pretty much the definition if racism, which is against the rules here.

The only group I hate if any group is IS. And I think most people have more or less negative opinions on them because obvious reasons. There are other groups I dislike, which is very different from hate, which I don't even care mentioning because I don't want to cause any trouble. Anyway I really hate terror-groups such as IS and when events such as this happens I get outraged.

Sorry.

Btw. why did not ANYONE write anything on this on NSM?? (exept ZeldaFan), it's such a big news, I thought at least some people should wrote some comment on it. Or was it too sad, did people not want to bring it over here, and keep this site as a safe place??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

It doesn't really affect me so didn't feel the need to bring it up

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 15, 2015, 01:09:55 PMThe only group I hate if any group is IS. And I think most people have more or less negative opinions on them because obvious reasons. There are other groups I dislike, which is very different from hate, which I don't even care mentioning because I don't want to cause any trouble. Anyway I really hate terror-groups such as IS and when events such as this happens I get outraged.
We don't care who you do or don't hate, keep your bigotry to yourself.

This is a warning. All of you drop it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 15, 2015, 01:09:55 PMBtw. why did not ANYONE write anything on this on NSM?? (exept ZeldaFan), it's such a big news, I thought at least some people should wrote some comment on it. Or was it too sad, did people not want to bring it over here, and keep this site as a safe place??
Because we all know about it and don't feel the need to bring it up here, where we come to get away from shit like this.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 15, 2015, 01:09:55 PMThe only group I hate if any group is IS. And I think most people have more or less negative opinions on them because obvious reasons. There are other groups I dislike, which is very different from hate, which I don't even care mentioning because I don't want to cause any trouble. Anyway I really hate terror-groups such as IS and when events such as this happens I get outraged.
Then call the event a tradgedy. Would you so easily forget the victims just so you can lash out at those who caused it?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 15, 2015, 01:09:55 PMBtw. why did not ANYONE write anything on this on NSM?? (exept ZeldaFan), it's such a big news, I thought at least some people should wrote some comment on it. Or was it too sad, did people not want to bring it over here, and keep this site as a safe place??
There simply isn't a reason for this discussion to exist outside of very specific topics. We're here to talk about simple things like video games and music. If you'd like, I believe there's a prayers topic. If you've got anything helpful to say, you can say it there I'm sure. Otherwise, this needs to be done.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dude

Quote from: Nebbles on November 15, 2015, 01:41:02 PMLet's not escalate this.
let's be smart and bring it off

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 15, 2015, 01:41:34 PMThis is a warning. All of you drop it.
All of you
[close]

Please drop it guys like Maestro said.

Dude

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 15, 2015, 02:00:24 PM

Please drop it guys like Maestro said.
Why are there two arrows? If it was a single bit of information it would only be one, right? By that diagram the person could actually be listening but forgetting something completely different.

Dude

So what was it we aren't supposed to talk about, it wasn't clear.

MaestroUGC

The Islamophobic rhetoric and further comments in reaction to it.

What's been going on with all the acts of terrorism around the world is a tragedy, but NSM is not a platform for you to be a terrible person because of it. If you want to talk about how much you hate IS, or anybody else, do it on facebook, tumblr, or anywhere else on the internet; not here. This is not a place where you can vilify an entire race or population of people because of the actions of a single organization. Muslims didn't attack Paris, IS did. So get off your soapbox about how much you hate Muslims; there is no Islamic-based conspiracy to destroy the Western World. So grow up, knock off the hate speech, or you will be removed.

You may continue mourning the victims of these recent tragedies; any further hate speech, or subsequent vitriol in retaliation to it, will be met with warning and bans.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tobbeh99

Trying to arrange a song that is not in A440. That dissonance when comparing to my computer-piano/keyboard. But I'm still gonna do it, I really wants to arrange it since it's such an awesome song so. Anyone else had those songs??
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

InsigTurtle

I haven't really arranged too much stuff like that, but it doesn't really affect me, since I just have my brain "round" it to the closest regular pitch. But if everything is a quarter tone above or below, then brain explosion.
Microtonal music is also not good for my sanity.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: InsigTurtle on November 16, 2015, 03:47:07 PMI haven't really arranged too much stuff like that, but it doesn't really affect me, since I just have my brain "round" it to the closest regular pitch. But if everything is a quarter tone above or below, then brain explosion.
Microtonal music is also not good for my sanity.

I didn't payed much attention to the pitch at first, I just arranged everything in a close key, in this case E-minor/G-major, with the idea that I can simply transposed it if it happens to be wrong. But now I starting to notice that it kind of is quite in between E-minor and Eb-minor :/, that's why it was so difficult arranging it and why it sounded SO dissonant when I compared to my computer piano.

If you wonder what song it is. It is Wild Arms 2 opening theme: "You'll Never Be Alone No Matter Where You Go".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5DP1h8jsg

10/10 tobbeh