News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I do. Also the Apple EarPods are pretty good alternatives if I don't have a nice pair of headphones around.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 28, 2016, 03:12:17 PMSkullcandy is donkey shitttt. overhyped and -priced because of just the brand, the same is with dr dre.
I'd be interested to hear what makes you say that? Since so many people use them, Apple's EarPods are like a gold standard for listening to music. They are decent for a pair of cheap to-go earbuds, and they have a great design! They are also popular and convenient amongst a lot of people in the electronic music community and EarPods are a must-have item for some great producers.
They're just alright (so descriptive). They've certainly improved on them with the newer design, and they are inexpensive because of the materials, but (at least in my experience) they're very uncomfortable if they're in for long periods of time. They also have a big problem with sound leakage compared to most in-ear stuff. When I'm listening to something I like to feel vaguely isolated, and they don't really work so well. Because of the price, it's certainly not a bad idea to have a pair, but I can't enjoy using them compared to most in-ears, and I'd gladly pay a few dollars extra for a style I consider better.

Ninja'd by Slow's much more concise answer. But verbosity.

Also (though I'll admit that audiophiles do make up a portion of people with this opinion), just because lots of people like something doesn't make it better than the alternatives (yes, you, MacBook supremacists).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Magic Mole

Yeah the Apple ones aren't exactly comfortable and don't really block out background noise, but as far as sound quality is concerned, they seem to be a heck of a lot better than the cheapos you find at Five Below, Ross/Marshalls, etc.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The Apple headphones aren't bad. I wouldn't call them the "gold standard" but they're definitely decent.
The best set of headphones I've ever used was a set of Shure studio headphones, followed by a pair of Blue Lolas.
what is shitpost

braix

My gaming headset is infinitely more comfortable than any other thing I've owned
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

KefkaticFanatic

Skullcandy are actual trash, though not much worse than apple headphones.

You can get low priced Sennheiser IEMs that will perform far better (<$30) and if you're willing to spend $50-90 you will have a world of a difference.

Go higher than that and we can start having some real conversations about quality audio ;)

Try this as a good reference: http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 28, 2016, 08:15:53 PMSkullcandy are actual trash, though not much worse than apple headphones.

You can get low priced Sennheiser IEMs that will perform far better (<$30) and if you're willing to spend $50-90 you will have a world of a difference.

Go higher than that and we can start having some real conversations about quality audio ;)

Try this as a good reference: http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

Hey, can I shoot you a PM this weekend about headphones? I'm considering buying some new ones but doing online research is near impossible since most people talk about listening to dub step, which doesn't relate to arranging at all. >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nebbles on January 28, 2016, 10:27:43 PMHOW DARE YOU ASK FOR PERMISSION
hyooj mistake

But yes, let me know.  I listen to basically every genre so I will avoid those V shaped responses that bassheads or the hiphop plethora will flock to.  I can think of some that would be good, though you'll have to provide a budget :P

me irl
[close]

ZeldaFan

Even my "crappy Apple" earbuds lasted me over a year, I just take good care of my stuff I guess.
My pet peeve about the new style of earbuds (with the squishy bit on the end to fit in your ear) is that apparently I have very small ear holes, and even the smallest size of those don't fit, so the earbuds are constantly falling out -____-

Also my sig disappeared  :'( :'( I never saved it lol

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Tobbeh99

Fuck so fucking pissed!
Went to a smash tourney and lost... like usual.
Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good at the game!!?? Can't everybody just suck so I can win some fucking tourneys!? Fucking sucks, piece of shit game and people!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 29, 2016, 09:37:52 AMFuck so fucking pissed!
Went to a smash tourney and lost... like usual.
Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good at the game!!?? Can't everybody just suck so I can win some fucking tourneys!? Fucking sucks, piece of shit game and people!
...oooookay there, Tobbeh. Take some deep breaths. It's not the end of the world.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.