News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

A good, close friend, or one of those sort-of-acquaintances that people categorize as friends for lack of a better word?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on February 01, 2016, 08:56:35 PMExample, shmexample. You could have made a conscious decision to just let Noc's comment slide, but you decided to do this the hard way and take it as an attack on you. And I don't believe he's the only one who makes "blanket statements about a point of view." We all do that, and calling someone else out on it doesn't make you look any better.
Let's play the equivalence game.
Let's pretend what he said was anti gay.
Quotebeing gay is as confusing as believing the earth is flat
Would we tolerate this?
Pretty should we wouldn't.
QuoteYou could have made a conscious decision to just let Noc's comment slide, but you decided to do this the hard way and take it as an attack on you.
All I did was ask him not to make purposefully inflammatory posts.
QuoteAnd I don't believe he's the only one who makes "blanket statements about a point of view." We all do that, and calling someone else out on it doesn't make you look any better.
While that's true, why does that make what he did any more acceptable?
The fact that the response is "you should've let it slide" when Noc put the time and effort into typing a purposefully inflammatory response and "you've been given a warning" when I make a satirical equivalence for the purpose of argument is a clear double standard.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

A good, close friend, one that I hold dear to my heart.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

being gay IS confusing though, mostly cause I'm straight so I don't understand how it works
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Nebbles on February 01, 2016, 09:01:51 PMA good, close friend, one that I hold dear to my heart.
Sucks. I'm sorry to hear it, it's never good to lose a friend. Though it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, I extend all the condolences possible~
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 01, 2016, 09:01:31 PMNoc put the time and effort into typing a purposefully inflammatory response
I am fairly certain that literally nobody else read that as a purposefully inflammatory response. Noc was expressing how atheism is confusing for him personally. Please stop taking every comment along those lines as a personal attack. If Noc had said the same thing using the word gay then the same actions would still be taken.

ninja'd
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 09:04:13 PMbeing gay IS confusing though, mostly cause I'm straight so I don't understand how it works
Basically this.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on February 01, 2016, 09:04:38 PMI am fairly certain that literally nobody else read that as a purposefully inflammatory response. Noc was expressing how atheism is confusing for him personally. Please stop taking every comment along those lines as a personal attack. If Noc had said the same thing using the word gay then the same actions would still be taken.
My apologies for thinking that something is inflammatory when it is equated to a conspiracy theory accepted by all educated people to be false.
what is shitpost

mikey

you should really learn the difference bud
as a side note, when do I put time or effort into anything?  That pretty much renders your entire argument invalid
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 09:06:37 PMas a side note, when do I put time or effort into anything?  That pretty much renders your entire argument invalid
As a matter of fact, that does put you into a position where you could get yourself into a lot of trouble if you're not careful. So. Try to avoid that.

SlowPokemon

It honestly sounds to me like Dudeman is playing favorites because Noc says stuff worse than what PDS did on a daily basis and also I really don't think any of what PDS said was inappropriate
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

If you feel that somebody said something inappropriate or otherwise rule-braking please use the report button.

-The Management
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

I thought mods were supposed to try and be unbiased? Noc and PDS literally did the same exact thing and only PDS gets warned because?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 09:04:13 PMbeing gay IS confusing though, mostly cause I'm straight so I don't understand how it works
Quote from: Dudeman on February 01, 2016, 09:04:38 PMninja'dBasically this.

How is it confusing? Take the way you feel about girls, and imagine that feeling that towards a guy. It's exactly the same feeling with a different gender on the other end. Oh, and being gay isn't all about sex if you're referring to something less pg13...
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

but how can you be attracted to guys when they're all gross n stuff
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!