The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Damn.
Yeah, I'd look into a restraining order, and also take some self defense classes. Not necessarily because you need to beat up your mother, but more so that you feel more prepared. I almost never advocate violence, but in this case, if it's in self defense, as far as I'm concerned (and I realize that has little impact) you're good.
what is shitpost

Zunawe

You should do whatever makes you feel safe. You control your life no matter what she might threaten. You have your grandparents, friends, and an entire internet community backing you. Circumstances are unfortunate sometimes, but you obviously learned to handle it much better than most people could have. In my opinion, it's amazing that you can do so much on the internet with something like this happening, and I've got a lot of respect for you because of that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Altissimo

umm if the local police aren't helping report it to the goddamn fbi or something and make sure to report your police's failings too

seriously there's a lot of fuken other places you can go than just the local police. like here try this or this, these may not be exactly what you're looking for but idk

seriously ok i know you're like "well the local police dont' want to help" but christ in a goddamn can that is seriously a failing on their part and i feel like you need to make someone, anyone, aware of how they've fucked up and get this situation resolved.

second of all delete that post, you never know how easy some of that info might be to identify you as you.

Altissimo

third of all, we had some speakers come to my psychology class last semester to talk about child abuse/sexual abuse and that's how i found those two websites. i still have their contact information. they take this shit seriously. if you would like i could easily email them and begin a dialogue with them, or give their information to you, so that you can talk with someone who Gives A Shit and actually get something done that doesn't involve the local police being [words that do not exist because they are harsher than anything the English language can produce]

Altissimo

i'm 100% serious about all this because if there is one thing, one goddamn thing i will never fucking forgive as long as i live in this universe it is people not taking claims of child abuse seriously.

and it has literally nothing to do with personal experiences i'm just that passionate about the subject because of my views on life

edit: oh yes you might want to consider going to see a psychologist/psychiatrist as well, such abuse can have some serious effects on the brain (as you've intimated is the case) - not just Weird Shit but also like depression etc and psychological help might be beneficial. they also might be people trained to listen and take action in the case of abuse!!!

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on February 21, 2016, 04:38:39 AMumm if the local police aren't helping report it to the goddamn fbi or something and make sure to report your police's failings too

seriously there's a lot of fuken other places you can go than just the local police. like here try this or this, these may not be exactly what you're looking for but idk

seriously ok i know you're like "well the local police dont' want to help" but christ in a goddamn can that is seriously a failing on their part and i feel like you need to make someone, anyone, aware of how they've fucked up and get this situation resolved.

second of all delete that post, you never know how easy some of that info might be to identify you as you.

Thanks for the advice everyone yet again, especially you.

I'll take your suggestion of erasing the post for now in case she finds this place and tries to use it against me. For folks who aren't in the know, they could PM me if they want, or just simply hope for the best.

In the meantime, I plan to keep a good eye out, and if she tries again to follow me/my activities, then I may go to one of the tip line places to ask for advice.

Trust me, if any major developments happen, I'll let you guys here on NSM know.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 21, 2016, 09:12:22 AM

Child abuse, sexual or non, is an issue I take very seriously and very personally. I literally don't even have a reason to take it personally but I do. That's why I got so worked up over this.

E. Gadd Industries

And that's a good thing! I admire your passion! As for you, Hawk, I'll be praying for you & hope that this mess clears up! I'm here to talk to you if you need me.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

@Alti It wasn't meant derogatorily, and I apologize if it came off that way. I was just commenting on your passion for the subject (which, as E Gadd said, is a good thing!).
what is shitpost

TheDreamingHawk

UPDATE: (Already? Yes already)

By some grace of Arceus/Lillian/God, it seems my mother unsubscribed to me just a short while ago. My youtube channel lost a sub and when I checked my list, she was gone. I don't know if she read my post or not (I hope not as that would be fuel for her site), but for the meantime, she's left me alone, for know.

Unfortunately, like a Hydra with an infinite amount of heads, she'll inevitably come back and try this all over again. I don't know if that would be this week or fifty years from now, but I still am nervous and will have to remain on guard.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your support, and if anything else happens, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll try to play some GBA Fire Emblem to relax and get my mind off of this. Here's hoping for a week without worry for me, at least for now...

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Oronoco

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on February 21, 2016, 12:47:20 PMIn the meantime, I'll try to play some GBA Fire Emblem to relax and get my mind off of this. Here's hoping for a week without worry for me, at least for now...

Ahaha that's exactly what I'm doing right now, too!

I'm glad that NSM is a safe place for you. I hope you get that worry-free week, too.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Altissimo

i'd recommend taking the link to your youtube out of your sig too (maybe give it via skype or somethin) bc searching it could be a way to find you further

i dont even mean to scare btw

FireArrow

Honestly, hoping she gets arrested or something. You shouldn't have to live your entire life fearing her. Get a hacker to stop her in her tracks if she gets to you online again idk.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on February 21, 2016, 01:50:24 PMi'd recommend taking the link to your youtube out of your sig too (maybe give it via skype or somethin) bc searching it could be a way to find you further

i dont even mean to scare, i just know how to internet safety lol

She knows what it is already so there's zero point in removing it. Besides, I refuse to let her ruin any hope of my website expanding. That's one thing I'll stand my ground on