News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Wow, sounds like Braixen is going through Inside Out. I didn't even think that was possible.

Hang in there, buddy. Seattle has a lot to do to keep you interested.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 17, 2016, 08:21:46 PM"they may be inferior and lesser than you, but still be nice to them"

that's slightly personally offensive to me
Same.
I don't see anyone as "lesser" than myself.....no matter what they believe or how different they are from myself.

Dude

So in your eyes, people who "sin" by being a homosexual are just as... holy (I guess??) as you, is that what I'm getting?

I think that's the right word I'm looking for... Idk what else to use.

Dudeman

Quote from: Dude on March 17, 2016, 09:36:48 PMSo in your eyes, people who "sin" by being a homosexual are just as... holy (I guess??) as you, is that what I'm getting?

I think that's the right word I'm looking for... Idk what else to use.
I think the word you're looking for is "imperfect." Even Christians/religious people have their flaws and all flaws should be treated equally. Some people (usually holier-than-thou Christians) have this preconceived notion that certain groups people are inherently more evil than others, and while this may be true from the standpoint of laws or how many laws someone has broken, it's not true from a sense of perfection. Nobody's perfect. If you acknowledge that, then you have an easier time getting along with people whose lifestyles you don't agree with. ...does that make sense? It's a little weird to explain.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

That's the idea that I have:
We all sin, no matter what. A sin of stealing or disrespecting elders, for example, may not neccesarily be any better than the sin of homosexuality. So if you look at them as equal sins, you can't say that a straight dude is more righteous than a gay dude.

edit: tapatalk doesnt warn me of ninjas i hate it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Braix sums it up the best. While I may not agree with homosexuality, I shouldn't think any less of a gay person because I have sinful things in my life as well.

Altissimo

but the implication is that homosexuality is a sin

Dudeman

From a Biblical standpoint, it is. But y'all are great people so who cares.

FireArrow

And more so that heterosexuality is less sinful along side it. I don't care if you love me as much as the next guy because we're all sinful, I don't want my feelings to be treated as less significant or meaningful than that of a straight guys.

Quote from: Dudeman on March 17, 2016, 09:56:43 PMFrom a Biblical standpoint, it is. But y'all are great people so who cares.

Lust is also a sin, so any type of sexuality is sinful I suppose?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

It has more to do with homosexuality than religion tho...

We could make a sex topic, I guess.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Dude on March 17, 2016, 10:13:51 PMIt has more to do with homosexuality than religion tho...

We could make a sex topic, I guess.
If it were just about that then I'd agree with you; but you're discussing it within the context of religious beliefs.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

What if we add politics into it too, then what topic does it go in?

Dudeman

I guess no one's really ranting anymore, so...if it were a mixture then I guess it should go in the PYTotMT?

I dunno. Someone rant about something.

Dude

75% of NSM mods kill interesting discussions about things just because the topic shifted slightly.

They never progress the same than if they stayed in the original topic it started in.