News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on March 17, 2016, 10:22:47 PM75% of NSM mods kill interesting discussions about things just because the topic shifted slightly.

They never progress the same than if they stayed in the original topic it started in.

That's the new strategy to silence people when even the slightest bit of discomfort or challenge to their little worlds come up.

Since no one seems to know who St. Augustine* is, I'm going to assume that I'm the only one who can actually make a theological argument about anything here.

We've already talked about what the *real* problem with this form of thinking is in the realTM NSM Skype so there's been a satisfying conclusion.

*plus a bunch of other people since St. Augustine is only like religion 102

where is my hat

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FireArrow

You know I really don't mind the mods stopping this particular discussion because it's probably the last thing Jub wanted.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on March 17, 2016, 09:50:10 PMbut the implication is that homosexuality is a sin

^^^this I hate the "I don't agree with it but I tolerate it" thing that's so condescending and generally ugly

Homosexuality is not a sin grow the fuck up
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Or you know, you could be the bigger person and try to understand that yes, some religions find certain things sinful (and have for longer than any of our existences). I'm not endorsing any form of bigotry, but come on guys, it really isn't that hard to get.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

Bigotry is a bannable offense.  If there wasn't an agreement of sorts that mods aren't to be flat banned by others, it would be enforced right now.

This is fucking unacceptable.  You are free to have your shitty backwards opinions of course, but slipping them into conversation like that is immature at best but more outright hostile.

me irl
[close]

Dude

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 17, 2016, 11:39:41 PMBigotry is a bannable offense.  If there wasn't an agreement of sorts that mods aren't to be flat banned by others, it would be enforced right now.
then how about demotions? -_-

I got demoted for being an asshole so why not them?

Like where the hell is jama when we need guidance?

mikey

What the crap some of you guys are being so ridiculous right now.  FA your hilarious ignorance of religion is making me slam my head into the wall.  Ruto why are you trying to have a theological discussion when you really couldn't care less about god.  Slow, homosexuality is a sin because it's sex outside of marriage.  Marraige between man and woman is a central part of almost any religion and it's this, not being attracted to males, that's considered a sin.  You guys al freak out over bigotry and injustices done to you but none of you even seem to realize exactly what the purpose of religion is nor why certain things are considered a sin.  No, the whole world is totally out to get you and god, the guy whom you owe everything to, is the one at fault.  Grow the crap up already.
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 18, 2016, 12:04:19 AMWhat the crap some of you guys are being so ridiculous right now.  FA your hilarious ignorance of religion is making me slam my head into the wall.  Ruto why are you trying to have a theological discussion when you really couldn't care less about god.  Slow, homosexuality is a sin because it's sex outside of marriage.  Marraige between man and woman is a central part of almost any religion and it's this, not being attracted to males, that's considered a sin.  You guys al freak out over bigotry and injustices done to you but none of you even seem to realize exactly what the purpose of religion is nor why certain things are considered a sin.  No, the whole world is totally out to get you and god, the guy whom you owe everything to, is the one at fault.  Grow the crap up already.

Troll harder.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 18, 2016, 12:04:19 AMhomosexuality is a sin because it's sex outside of marriage.  Marraige between man and woman is a central part of almost any religion and it's this, not being attracted to males, that's considered a sin.
what the literal fuck

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 18, 2016, 12:04:19 AMFA your hilarious ignorance of religion is making me slam my head into the wall.

Your hilarious misunderstanding of gay people is invoking a similar response. If you don't want people to react to things you say, try... not saying them? We were discussing the various situations gay people can encounter, an extremely conservative environment being one of them. You then thought that an attack on blatantly homophobic religious and non-religious conservatives was an attack on religion in general. Your defense was unwarranted and degraded the discussion into what it is now, so if anyone needs to be less sensitive it's you. Not every discussion about gay people dealing with gay problems is an attack on your religion. Some religious people are dicks, some aren't - we were talking about the former.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Noc, if you're concerned about gays from a biblical standpoint, try these as well:
- Eating anything that mixes meat and dairy (Exodus 23:19)
- Eating anything from the ocean that doesn't have fins or scales (Deuteronomy 14:9 and 14:10)
- Not being circumcised (Genesis 17:14)
- Not being in a majority Christian area (you also have to kill everyone in the town if they aren't Christian; Deuteronomy 13:12-15)
- Cursing your parents (Exodus 21:17 and Leviticus 20:9)
- Ignoring what your minister says (Deuteronomy 17:8-13)
- Cutting certain parts of your hair or shaving the edges of your beard (Leviticus 19:27)

Here are some choice words from the New Testament, as well:

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. - 1st Corinthians, 14:34-35
what is shitpost

braix

Would you guys mind taking this to a private chat? People may start to kill each other otherwise.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 19, 2016, 10:44:30 AMWould you guys mind taking this to a private chat? People may start to kill each other otherwise.

what, so they can kill each other in private instead? :p

SlowPokemon

Fun game idea: we let people kill each other in private and then we solve the murder mystery detective-style
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 19, 2016, 11:45:59 AMFun game idea: we let people kill each other in private and then we solve the murder mystery detective-style

Can I be the witty sidekick?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel