The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That shit's unacceptable, but generally better not to be the instigator of assault. Slow dealt with this probably the best anyone could have; he kept his cool and has all the information he needs for the cops to investigate. I'm all for protecting one's self, even if that means preemptively attacking or running in dire cases. But in a normal case, generally it's best to do it how Slow did it, even if it sucks (which it definitely does, and I by no means am trying to undermine that).
What happened is completely stupid, no doubt. Sounds like some assholes had nothing better to do than to harass whomever the fuck.

Tl;DR- While it's stupid that Slow should have to go through this, attacking first in a situation like this would probably land you in jail so don't.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Dude

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on April 07, 2016, 07:05:26 AMhelp

that is all
Sure

that is all

Actual Rant:

Phone is not functional. It's old, (iPhone 4S) but damn if this isn't literally just a piece of plastic in my pocket at this point. I can't make or receive calls or texts, can't open the list of programs via the double tap button to close shit without it freezing.

Similarly, my computer is also freezing all the time, but I'm running anti malware stuff atm to fix this. Hopefully.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Every time my computer has problems it's never viruses and some stupid thing that's only fixable by reinstalling windows (like a broken partition... *cringe*.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fixed my phone. Computer is in the process. But I'm probably gonna have to replace it soon anyways.

Speaking of, is there a fairly cheap way to get a new computer with Windows 7? It's my favorite OS by far (can't stand the start menu period).
what is shitpost

Zunawe

If you're talking about a desktop and you're alright with doing a little learning and research, you could build a computer and buy a Windows 7 license. It would be the cheapest option. If you don't want to do that, or it's a laptop (which isn't really worth building on your own), most things with Windows 7 aren't going to be up to standard, and you'll probably have to buy 7 on top of the machine.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 08, 2016, 03:15:45 PMFixed my phone. Computer is in the process. But I'm probably gonna have to replace it soon anyways.

Speaking of, is there a fairly cheap way to get a new computer with Windows 7? It's my favorite OS by far (can't stand the start menu period).
Perhaps windows 10 would suit you
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Windows 10 still has the annoying start menu though, doesn't it? Can't stand that damn thing.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

It's different from the windows 7 start menu but it's not that bullshit windows 8 cover your entire screen stuff.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Huh.. that looks actually manageable.
I might consider it.
what is shitpost

Bloop

You can actually delete all those blocks on the right side which results in an even more windows 7-like start menu

Zunawe

If that's your biggest concern, Classic Shell for Windows 8/8.1 makes it so you never have to see the tiles ever again. It has some customization tweaks too.

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Huh. Might have to try that for my desktop...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

i cant find any ace attorney art that i like enough to use as phone background and what i do like is either too light that my phone auto darkens it to make the clock visible or isnt shaped the right way for the phone :(