News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

I appreciate literature as a form of art, but I don't like reading myself either. I'm not really a quick reader and often forget details or sometimes even names. But that's all on me, not on the books themselves.

Latios212

It's difficult to generalize reading. Some books I've had to read for school made me want to repeatedly smash my head into a wall, but there are many great books that I've enjoyed a lot.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 15, 2016, 06:41:43 AMSo many people here that seems to like books. Am I the only persons who really dislikes reading? The only books that are close to being good are Fantasy, cartoons/manga are actually good but they're way different since they aren't novels.

guys

i think

he's serious

this doesn't seem like trolling
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

I honestly can't remember the last book I read.

Tobbeh99

The thing is. When I read a book after a while I just daydreaming away or start think about other stuff, and I have a really hard time focusing on reading and more so enjoying it. It seems like a waste of time too, when I could play a game and get way more enjoyment out of it. Comics/Manga are better because there simply are less texts, and the combination with pictures makes it more accessible and easier to read imo. I also think Fantasy is the best genre, because why should I read a book about in-life stuff, isn't the point of books to take you to places you can't go irl?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bloop

Some books are written to share experiences with other people with the same sort of experiences (quoting Edmund White here).

Tobbeh99

Y, I get that, but I never enjoyed those books. I remembered in school when they presented a lot of "teens books" that they thought we'd enjoy since we'd identify ourselves with them. But I never thought like that, they only seemed mundane and boring.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

braix

The only types of books I enjoy are informational books that can help me improve my life directly, not stuff like history books or whatever, but stuff like design psychology etc.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 15, 2016, 08:47:47 AMThe thing is. When I read a book after a while I just daydreaming away or start think about other stuff, and I have a really hard time focusing on reading and more so enjoying it. It seems like a waste of time too, when I could play a game and get way more enjoyment out of it. Comics/Manga are better because there simply are less texts, and the combination with pictures makes it more accessible and easier to read imo. I also think Fantasy is the best genre, because why should I read a book about in-life stuff, isn't the point of books to take you to places you can't go irl?
I'm not saying you're wrong, just presenting my view. It's easy for me to get sucked into a story regardless of the medium. I think books do well by giving as much or as little detail as the author wants so that their world gets established and lets you fill the rest in yourself. A movie can't do that the same way. Neither can a game. Everything you see or hear is that creator's interpretation and not yours. As for genres, I personally love fantasy and rarely read anything else, but that's not always the point. Non fiction, biographies, historical fiction, and all that sort of stuff can be good for the same reason the movies 42 or The Butler or Lincoln are good. They tell stories that tell a story with a purpose that's emphasized because we know it actually happened. Maybe reading isn't something everybody can enjoy, but the art form is something to be appreciated.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dude

So lately I've been gaining a lot of weight due to laziness and I kinda realized I just don't care... I mean it seems like I have no enthusiasm to do practically anything anymore and I kinda feel resigned to it now, kinda?? I haven't really said anything about it to anyone till now so idk if this is my depression getting worse or what, but I don't really feel "sad" just "tired" I guess??

It's weird, like, I want to change but at the same time I really don't mind living like this or don't want to do the work... And I know that's a terrible thing to feel like, but honestly I just don't care anymore...

Bleh.

Altissimo

Quote from: Dude on April 15, 2016, 11:48:42 AMSo lately I've been gaining a lot of weight due to laziness and I kinda realized I just don't care... I mean it seems like I have no enthusiasm to do practically anything anymore and I kinda feel resigned to it now, kinda?? I haven't really said anything about it to anyone till now so idk if this is my depression getting worse or what, but I don't really feel "sad" just "tired" I guess??

It's weird, like, I want to change but at the same time I really don't mind living like this or don't want to do the work... And I know that's a terrible thing to feel like, but honestly I just don't care anymore...

Bleh.

i've been there bruh. it might be depression, i say you should get that checked out

Dude

I've been wanting to for like a couple weeks now but I don't want my parents to worry about me so I've kept it in...

Altissimo

i know that feel too but it's kind of their job to worry about you and if you don't show them things could be worse and you could end up in a Bad Place and then they'd be crying n shit and that would be worse

i know from experience