News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

yeah, i've been talking about my personal life too much, sorry about that

FireArrow

No don't delete your post now everyone's responses confuse me
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

You ever wake up one morning and realize that you're screwing yourself over with your decisions, but for some reason you don't care enough to want to fix your situation, even though it'll probably end up destroying you? And then this repeats every day?

It sucks.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

That was me for about a year and a half, ending a few months ago.
It really sucks.

braix

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2016, 08:38:24 AMYou ever wake up one morning and realize that you're screwing yourself over with your decisions, but for some reason you don't care enough to want to fix your situation, even though it'll probably end up destroying you? And then this repeats every day?

It sucks.

same
try to do something productive once in a while, make it a habit. that should help a bit
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

I've been really depressed for a couple weeks but I think I'm coming out of it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

I swear there's a spot in hell where you are forced to listen to middle school string ensembles butcher every song imaginable.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 24, 2016, 08:48:17 PMI swear there's a spot in hell where you are forced to listen to middle school string ensembles butcher every song imaginable.
except those kids are doing what they like and trying their best. they don't do it to be experts at it so there's no need to act that condescendingly, we were all not great at something when we were young and starting out. comparing a children's concert to a spot in hell just sounds really petty :[

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 24, 2016, 10:03:48 AMI've been really depressed for a couple weeks but I think I'm coming out of it
feel better slow ^^

Maelstrom

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 25, 2016, 04:10:37 AMexcept those kids are doing what they like and trying their best. they don't do it to be experts at it so there's no need to act that condescendingly, we were all not great at something when we were young and starting out. comparing a children's concert to a spot in hell just sounds really petty :[
No. It's pretty common for there to be a few kids in there who don't try that hard. I know because I would have been one of them. It sounds so bad simply because one or two are off. It sounds bad because all it takes is one or two people who only play music because they were forced to choose an instrument to ruin the entire thing. Btw: I heard from my brother, who was in a different part, that they all recognized that they couldn't play together well.

And besides, this was not meant to be taken literally, so please don't.

SlowPokemon

Thank u waddle <3

And yeah there's such a thing as music played well and played badly and while no one needs to be a dick about it, nothing good happens from ignoring that lol
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2016, 04:51:35 AMNo. It's pretty common for there to be a few kids in there who don't try that hard. I know because I would have been one of them. It sounds so bad simply because one or two are off. It sounds bad because all it takes is one or two people who only play music because they were forced to choose an instrument to ruin the entire thing. Btw: I heard from my brother, who was in a different part, that they all recognized that they couldn't play together well.

And besides, this was not meant to be taken literally, so please don't.
you didn't seem to get my point of how unnecessary it is to shittalk a kids' concert when they're not about all about the music, rather focus on the good things they are intended for. i get what you're saying but saying "you know because that's what you would have done" and generalizations in general back your point up poorly. in general if you have a problem with what i said you could answer the points i brought up, that's usually the best way to help someone understand where you're coming from if you don't think they get it. :]
also no one took "a spot in hell" literally :x it's just that your overexaggerated metaphors come off a bit pedantic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 25, 2016, 05:58:03 AMThank u waddle <3

And yeah there's such a thing as music played well and played badly and while no one needs to be a dick about it, nothing good happens from ignoring that lol
:] yeah i completely agree, i just don't agree with bashing children's concerts purely because of few kids messed up.

kinda like if your 2-year old kid drew you a picture and you tell your friend "how the drawing made your eyes bleed".
^that's a bit of a poor and exaggerated example, but my point is how it isn't about the picture itself, but about the meaning and good intentions behind it. same with middle school concerts.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2016, 04:51:35 AMNo. It's pretty common for there to be a few kids in there who don't try that hard. I know because I would have been one of them. It sounds so bad simply because one or two are off. It sounds bad because all it takes is one or two people who only play music because they were forced to choose an instrument to ruin the entire thing. Btw: I heard from my brother, who was in a different part, that they all recognized that they couldn't play together well.
This^
I know a LOT of middle school kids that are really lazy and don't really practice.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2016, 04:51:35 AMAnd besides, this was not meant to be taken literally, so please don't.
I knew that right when I read it :P

Maelstrom

Honestly, I'm feeling to lazy to quote posts, but, yeah, you are right waddle. I take music too seriously without caring about other people and usually need someone to remind me of that. Thanks.

Waddle Bro

._. you don't need to take it personally and be passive-aggressive about it

Maelstrom

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 25, 2016, 09:11:19 AM._. you don't need to take it personally and be passive-aggressive about it
I wasn't. I was actually being serious.