News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 26, 2016, 09:52:05 AMTalk to the admin and see if they're willing to unblock it
Haha. Like they're going to unblock a site that's definitely not legal.
At least the 2nd biggest, and best VGM rom site isn't blocked.

Zunawe

VGM rom? Do you mean cartridge roms or music downloads?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Update:
Looks like they don't block a certain, safe, torrent site, so it's all good.

E. Gadd Industries

>:( Today's Academic Team meet was awful. I hope it isn't a sign as to how to Year is going to be (it was the first competition)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Oronoco

I'm sorry. Things will get better, though. It can be really rewarding to finish strong after starting on a low.

Whenever I didn't do well at some type of competition in High School, I would stop by DQ and get a marshmallow shake. They were the absolute best and I'm incredibly disappointed they don't have them anymore. But they always made me feel better.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 26, 2016, 06:11:40 PMUpdate:
Looks like they don't block a certain, safe, torrent site, so it's all good.
Update: While they didn't block the site, they blocked P2P connections.

Zunawe

That's idiotic. Torrents are fairly widely used in our CS department to distribute large files because it's fast and doesn't overload servers. It's not like torrenting is illegal in any way. Just block the sites or discipline the people who download content illegally. I guarantee they can see exactly what you download anyway.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Oronoco on September 26, 2016, 08:32:17 PMI'm sorry. Things will get better, though. It can be really rewarding to finish strong after starting on a low.
It would help if the team cared, but the previous coach didn't care, and methinks it rubbed off on certain people.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

So for the second time this year, the entire state has been without electricity. The last time it was due to a single point of failure and it looks as though this time was also a single point of failure, although a different one. Great.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on September 28, 2016, 07:51:45 AMSo for the second time this year, the entire state has been without electricity. The last time it was due to a single point of failure and it looks as though this time was also a single point of failure, although a different one. Great.
Oh, wow. Australia right? That sucks.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Kindness and Forgiveness.

EDIT: NOT AUSTRALIAN STATES???

Altissimo

[snip]