News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Honestly my only solution here is to throw my friend under the bus but also??? I don't care, she shouldn't have copied me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Ouch. Gotta be careful, man. Weak move from them though :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 01, 2016, 07:03:52 AMNoc and dude helped me pin down my fatigue to depression, which is probably pretty accurate
I guess it should have been fairly obvious to me but I avoided it because I don't want to be labled as "sad", since I'm really not. I'm just worn out, never want to do anything, and find no meaning in anything. I guess not being to get a good sleep has something to do with that.

But all in all I don't really care what my condition is called, I just want to get some damn sleep and actually feel good about it. I don't recall ever getting up and not feeling like crap and laying on the ground for the whole day

Ok no. Sorry to be rude here, it was really nice for Noc to talk to you, but he isn't a doctor and the fatigue you're describing can be (not saying it is) indicative of some serious conditions and you'd be incredibly dumb not to have that ruled out by a professional.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 01, 2016, 12:27:45 PMHonestly my only solution here is to throw my friend under the bus but also??? I don't care, she shouldn't have copied me.

As someone who had her whole table in physics copy her work for half the year in high school: rat them out, they deserve it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

Quote from: FireArrow on November 01, 2016, 04:41:08 PMOk no. Sorry to be rude here, it was really nice for Noc to talk to you, but he isn't a doctor and the fatigue you're describing can be (not saying it is) indicative of some serious conditions and you'd be incredibly dumb not to have that ruled out by a professional.
We weren't saying it was definitely depression and only that, just that he should probably go to a professional since he has feelings like the ones he's experiencing.

Basically what I'm saying is since you weren't there to see the whole conversation you don't know what went down. So yeah. :-X

mikey

I got an a in my psych class I'm basically a doctor?
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dude on November 01, 2016, 04:59:30 PMWe weren't saying it was definitely depression and only that, just that he should probably go to a professional since he has feelings like the ones he's experiencing.

Basically what I'm saying is since you weren't there to see the whole conversation you don't know what went down. So yeah. :-X

Braix didn't mention intending to see a doctor and I'm not gonna let him avoid that under the possible pretense of bad advice. If I read the sitation wrong and chose to say something, then I look like a dick. If I'm right and don't say anything, then I'm letting braixen harm himself - which is a much worse alternative.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 01, 2016, 06:58:48 AMMy friend who's Korean has been struggling significantly lately because she doesn't have a good enough grasp of English to write the kind of papers our professor has been expecting. So she asked to see my Analytical Techniques exam a couple weeks ago so that she could understand what the questions were asking and how to approach answering them.

She fucking blatantly copied my exam. And the professor, who also happens to be the head of the music department, discussed this with me today. At this point I'm just hoping I don't get EXPELLED. But mostly I'm busy hating my friend for copying my answers. I'm so angry and so upset. I've never felt more angry or stressed.

Oh Jesus. Duude.. I'm sorry. That's not something you can really fix yourself and... damn.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Yeah she's refusing to admit she copied me and hasn't made an attempt to apologize and I just was not ready for this and I'm going to have a nervous breakdown because this might cost me my grade in the class

Nebbles

That's... that is so fucking unfair. Don't you have your copy with full proof you did it earlier than she did?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong here, Slow) that showing her exam questions is technically an offense (and I shouldn't use "technically", since it's probably taken pretty seriously) though, so that's probably what they're more concerned about.
The plus side is that since she copied you verbatim, you can prove it was your work. Probably you can get the best case scenario by giving some kind of a line about helping her since her English was subpar (though review the English language test requirements if you want to be 100% sure of all the rules in it).
Still, that sucks, and I agree to rat her out. You took time to help her when you weren't obligated to, and she might be costing you a grade in the class; not okay.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Yeah, you've got plenty of tools to swing this in your favor. Just remember to be civil and polite. Try not to stress over this little thing, it will easily work out in your favor.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on November 01, 2016, 06:54:46 PMI think (and correct me if I'm wrong here, Slow) that showing her exam questions is technically an offense (and I shouldn't use "technically", since it's probably taken pretty seriously) though, so that's probably what they're more concerned about.
The plus side is that since she copied you verbatim, you can prove it was your work. Probably you can get the best case scenario by giving some kind of a line about helping her since her English was subpar (though review the English language test requirements if you want to be 100% sure of all the rules in it).
Still, that sucks, and I agree to rat her out. You took time to help her when you weren't obligated to, and she might be costing you a grade in the class; not okay.

It's absolutely an offense, and I signed a waiver on the test saying I wouldn't collaborate or show the test to anyone. So I'm definitely in the wrong for letting her see the test. But I still feel like, even though it's partially my fault, it's moreso hers for actually taking my work. And she didn't copy me verbatim, just based on her answers she had obviously been looking at my test from what I can tell (and I think completely copied my harmonic analysis, which is incredibly dumb because our mistakes would be the same). And my professor knows she's the one who copied, and I explained my reasons for letting her look at the exam and that she did it without my knowledge. So it all comes down to what's going to be the penalty. It's not just a grade in the class, it's potentially THE grade in the class. And I'm just sad and upset I caused something like this to happen.

braix

Didn't rule out sleep apnea, I'm just fairly certain that I'm depressed and I think at least part of my fatigue may be from that.
I don't want to go into specifics, but I can't really go to a doctor and get things checked out. The most I can really do at the moment is try to understand what's going on so I can more readily try to deal with it myself. Hopefully I can get my problems looked at by a professional in the future but right now it isn't an easy option for me.

@Slow if things don't work out at least you tried to explain
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

@Slow Yeah, you done goofed by showing her in the first place. While she is at fault for making the whole situation worse, it's still entirely your responsibility.

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 01, 2016, 08:34:25 PMDidn't rule out sleep apnea, I'm just fairly certain that I'm depressed and I think at least part of my fatigue may be from that.
I don't want to go into specifics, but I can't really go to a doctor and get things checked out. The most I can really do at the moment is try to understand what's going on so I can more readily try to deal with it myself. Hopefully I can get my problems looked at by a professional in the future but right now it isn't an easy option for me.

Depression and faitgue go hand and hand and both can be a symptom of the other. Sleep apnea is probably the most likely thing, but there's a hell of a lot of other things that can present themselves as hypersomulance and fatigue. Diabetes, mono, metabolic disorders, etc. etc. etc.

The best thing to do for yourself at the momentif you can't go to the doctor is regiment ~9 hour sleep schedule and don't over or under sleep (sorry for the captian obvious :3.)