The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Sleep apnea is currently the least likely thing I'd argue.

Anyway slow just don't worry or stress about it because what's done is done and stressing over things you can't control or change isn't productive
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

I just realized how dependent I am on audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/. The site is currently down and HOPEFULLY it'll be up but there's no guarantee for that happening. It's literally the best slow-downer and it's so simple so you'd think there is some software like that, but I haven't found one. The best thing about audiostretch is that you can slow down songs to 0% so it literally stops. It may sound a bit crazy and that I'm picky but it really helps arranging and I actually need it a lot of times to get perfect scores. Kind of mad that it's the only one there, you may think that there should be more softwares that could slow down songs how much you'd want, but most sofwares seem to have some limit at 20% or so. >:(
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

I don't like to slow down songs when I arrange, but maybe you could probably try Audacity considering you haven't yet?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Y I could use audacity, in fact I'm already using it. But I like being able to slow down songs on-the-fly. It's a huge benefit since I don't always need to slow down songs, but at certain parts I need to. Haven't you used it Braix??
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I use Transcribe! but it's not the nicest looking, nor free and has a bit of a learning curve before you can use it efficiently. That said, while it doesn't have quite the audio quality when slowing down that audiostretch has, it has a lot more features, and is still much more user friendly than audacity. You could always just use windows media player's slowdown effect if you wanted, as Olimar does, but you can't loop everything there. I haven't found anything that lets you slow stiff down to 0%, but I found out after a bit that I was using that feature like a crutch. I honestly think my sense of relitive pitch has gotten much better now.
If you want more info, PM me.

mikey

I don't slow down songs or anything I just listen to an mp3 and my sheets turn out fine
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I've never once slowed down a piece of music in order to arrange it (and that includes the long accordion run in Professor Layton's Theme, which I was pretty proud of).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 02, 2016, 07:09:31 AMY I could use audacity, in fact I'm already using it. But I like being able to slow down songs on-the-fly. It's a huge benefit since I don't always need to slow down songs, but at certain parts I need to. Haven't you used it Braix??
I just open up the YouTube video and rewind it a million times
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Might be time to start weening you off of it, Tobbeh :p
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

I just use YouTube's built-in slow down function...
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

so on tuesday morning (about 2 AM) I went to wal mart to grab some food and I checked the seasonal aisle for some possible leftover halloween candy, and the aisle was already full of christmas stuff.  It really ticks me off how commercial christmas is.  I realize that this time of year boosts the economy, and I know it's a bit ironic that Halloween is almost as commercial yet it's my favorite holiday, but for the past few years I've just begun to hate the holiday season.
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Tobbeh99

So people here haven't used audiostretch!!?? I thought it was a go-to here. People sure have missed a good tool. I hope the site gets back... worst case I'll have to get some other good program, maybe transcribe! as mealstrom recommended. Can transcribe slow down songs to 0% speed? It's to me the most valuable feature of a slow-down program.   

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I use Audiostretch pretty much all the time.

But as of today I haven't been having any problems with it? :/
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I don't know but I get 404 errors when I try to enter the website.

10/10 tobbeh