News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

Uh oh. It's down for me now

I've sent them an e-mail.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

@Tobbeh

"Now would be a good time to..."
Try out a DAW, like Reaper perhaps. It's free (should be even after the trial period if you ignore their startup prompts,) and has a nice slowdown slider along with other useful tools, like awesome looping and other stuffs! (I think it's great for arranging, but learning a DAW can take some time :P)
[close]

In the meantime, if you really like audiostretch, you can still find it archived on the Wayback Machine.

Tobbeh99

The only thing I'm asking for is a slowdowner that can slow down things to 0% speed! Please tell me if these softwares you recommended can slow down songs to 0%, Meal and Gavst3r!

(didn't read the text below). Thank you gavst3r!!! Didn't thought about that. Y, I really like audiostretch in that it's simple and can slow down songs so effectively. But I might try out some software if it (getting very repetitive) can slow down songs to 0% speed. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Am I the only one who thinks that I've said things that could be interpreted very differently than I thought? Like am I the only one that has happened to? I just think I sometimes say things that others can take very differently that I intended, and.. it's kind of annoying. :-\

btw sorry for double-posting, lol.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I was kind of saying, "try not to use 0% as a crutch, so maybe give it up" like Olimar said:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 02, 2016, 11:04:50 AMMight be time to start weening you off of it, Tobbeh :p
It's not that we're ignoring you, it's that we don't know of any alternatives, and are suggesting you try something else.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 05, 2016, 09:18:42 AMI was kind of saying, "try not to use 0% as a crutch, so maybe give it up" like Olimar said:It's not that we're ignoring you, it's that we don't know of any alternatives, and are suggesting you try something else.

I mean y... but the thing is, I mostly have it on 10-40% or so. But there are times where I really need to be able to just freeze the song. I really want to make my arrangements as good as possible, so I really like to be able to completely freeze the song to really get the details in. And I don't get why you seem to think it's a big thing, like I'm handicapped and needs to take it note by note, but it really is not the case. It just got to be annoying to loop the song over and over again to hear a specific chord or something, I prefer slowing it down to 0%, freezing the song, to get those notes done.

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

You'll never improve your arrangement skills if you don't challenge yourself.

Latios212

Everyone has their own arranging style and preferences. Some will stick to Youtube 50% speed, some will use DAWs to cut down on background noise to hear the notes better, etc., but at the end of the day, as long as you are able to hear the notes in the original and transcribe them accurately then I think that's okay. I don't believe making use of 0% speed is a bad thing, as you're still doing the work yourself by transcribing the notes directly from the source material. Challenging yourself is definitely a better way to improve at arranging (I've learned a lot from various difficult songs I've tried), but that doesn't necessarily mean restricting the tools you have at your disposal just for the sake of it. Trying to arrange music coming directly out of a Game Boy at full speed would be harder, for example, but that's just inefficient and silly.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Latios, you really understands me :).

And Dude, I sometimes tries to challenge myself by having a higher speed, but usually not to "challenge" me, more because it goes faster arranging that way. I remember seeing some youtube comment where there was a person with perfect pitch who claimed to be able to memorize and transcribe songs even at a high speed after just one listen! And I mean that would be the dream, but it really only is a dream, I need to take it slow for it to work, but it does work as I have arranged over 200 songs this way and I think you all could say that they are also well done, not done overhasty.

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

I feel as if being friendly isn't enough. I feel like most people I think I'm friends with would rather just not notice me and not be noticed by me, so that they don't have to take the brief amount of time to simply say "hello" as they walk by, like it's a burden to them. Maybe it's because people want you to adopt their lifestyle and follow their ways to a T, and anything else is too disconcerting or "away from the norm" to them—just not worth their effort (like they have a certain amount of "friendship points" they're worried about exerting; ha). There's the "upper middle class" group; the "sports players/fanatics" group; the "'nerd'/'geek'" group; the "super religious" group; the "theater/dance" groups; and so on (and that's not even considering the fraternities/sororities and the International Program juniors). But trying to bridge the gaps and just be friends with people from all sort of different "groups" has left me nowhere; everyone's already sequestered into their little tight-knit friend groups, and that leaves me outside every single one of them, because I'm not enough like any one of them. Maybe I'm just too friendly?

Oh well, time to go back to being a virtual hermit. Maybe the freshmen next year will give me another chance to form meaningful connections. On the bright side, at least I'll have a little more time for schoolwork now (and NSM too!).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I'm actually the same way.  I pretty much hung out with the nerds half the time and the jocks the other half, and didn't really fit in with any of them
unmotivated

FireArrow

I hung out with the "Asian group" for a while. This year I kinda just made my own small friend group becuase I was sick of all the "I'm your best friend even though I have no intention of ever spending time with you."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

One of my best friends going to byu  recently lost his dad to prostate cancer and I kind of want to reach out to him but at the same time I know how it feels and would prefer not to talk about it so when we hang out we keep getting these awkward silences where I want to bring it up but don't think I should
He doesn't talk about it either so I'm a bit clueless
unmotivated

Nebbles

The best way to console a friend who's grieving is ask how they're holding up. Just small things, like "How are you doing?" or say you're there if he needs to ever talk about it. It shows you're there for him, but also understand he's not ready to talk about it just yet.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel