News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 31, 2016, 04:18:24 PMBeing passive aggressive is also not a great way to solve anything or get attention
Tell that to my dad!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on December 31, 2016, 05:07:13 PMI guess whenever people try to help me out with something, they just keep slapping me with the truth and harsh tones and really, that doesn't help me. I feel like if people want to help me, they need to be kind and have sympathy.
Herein lies the problem. Sometimes you just have to accept that reality is hard. Sure, people can present the necessary truth in a kinder, more sympathetic manner, but if you're just looking for people to coddle you through a situation instead of helping you rise above it yourself, you aren't going to mature.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

I don't mean like extreme kindness/sympathy. Some sympathy is good, but I don't like too much.

Dude

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on December 31, 2016, 03:07:46 PMAh, now I remember why I don't post in this thread. Nobody helps.
where in the topic title does it say for us to solve your problems?

braix

Harsh tones and truth are best to learn from. Sympathy only provides emotional comfort and does nothing about your situation.
Both are good; but if you're only looking for sympathy, you're ignoring your problems and there's no reason for people to want to help you.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

2 months ago, around the time that I left, I was going through a very very bad time in my life. I lost literally all my friends. I had severe depression. And responses like these from not just you, but from everyone made everything worse. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself yet, nobody would care. I left the site to get away from this, I didn't need it. Thankfully, I made a friend who showed SYMPATHY and KINDNESS, while still helping me change the things I've been doing. Because of her, I made it through this rough time and depression. I decided, since my life was going pretty great, I should return to this forum to hopefully a better community than what I left, but no, everything's still aggravating. This forum has brought me nothing but anger, and I'm sad to see that it still does. I know that I do things wrong, you don't need to tell me 100 frickin times. I need to learn to be more mature, I get that, but you need to learn sympathy and kindness. I don't want this anymore, I'm better off without you.

Dudeman

Cash, we're here to support each other. We're a community. The sympathy and kindness is all over the place, even if we tend to exhibit it through sarcasm and jokes at each other's expense. But I think I can speak for many of the others on the forum when I say that the vast majority of your posts are self-centered. There's lots of "I did this!" and "I think this!" and "Notice me!" without much give-back to the rest of us. That's not bad on its own. But then you take offense that nobody noticed. Like we're here just to applaud everything you do. If you're looking for our sympathy and focus and not giving much of your own in return, I'm not surprised you feel like we're not "sympathetic" or "kind."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

SlowPokemon

Ah yeah I actually am very bad at being empathetic when I speak, sometimes I am a bit too harsh or cold. But I'd rather that than just bullshit or skip around the truth, you know?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Dudeman on December 31, 2016, 05:58:27 PMCash, we're here to support each other. We're a community. The sympathy and kindness is all over the place, even if we tend to exhibit it through sarcasm and jokes at each other's expense. But I think I can speak for many of the others on the forum when I say that the vast majority of your posts are self-centered. There's lots of "I did this!" and "I think this!" and "Notice me!" without much give-back to the rest of us. That's not bad on its own. But then you take offense that nobody noticed. Like we're here just to applaud everything you do. If you're looking for our sympathy and focus and not giving much of your own in return, I'm not surprised you feel like we're not "sympathetic" or "kind."
Yeah, I've realized that as well. Literally everything I say and do is self-centered and I hate it. Every time I think about me being self-centered, I see others being selfish/not caring when they aren't really that way. I have too many problems, and have come off as an annoyance to everyone. I can tell you that this is a problem that I can't fix alone, and it's going to take a while for it be resolved. Because of my personal problems and choices, I'm going to leave. Maybe one day I might come back, but it's probably not worth it seeing as how this went. Thanks for your words and goodbye.
Quote from: Dude on December 31, 2016, 06:11:29 PMSee ya then.
See ya later.

Dude

In more important news, Ohio state is losing bad. :(

Not like they could have beaten Alabama in the end anyway, so maybe this is for the best.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on December 31, 2016, 06:23:25 PMYeah, I've realized that as well. Literally everything I say and do is self-centered and I hate it. Every time I think about me being self-centered, I see others being selfish/not caring when they aren't really that way. I have too many problems, and have come off as an annoyance to everyone. I can tell you that this is a problem that I can't fix alone, and it's going to take a while for it be resolved. Because of my personal problems and choices, I'm going to leave. Maybe one day I might come back, but it's probably not worth it seeing as how this went. Thanks for your words and goodbye.See ya later.

Being self-centered doesn't have to be a bad thing. I'm thinking about my youtube channel, which the only intent why I did it is because of - Fun sharing my arrangements, and they look better and more presentable that way, and maybe also make some money from it by Google Adsense ad-money. But to get to the point, I don't think that my youtube channel has been a "bad" thing. Many people have watched my videos and really enjoyed them. I've gotten comments saying things like "Thanks, sounds really superb" "Is it you playing, really doesn't sound like playback" and "Can't you arrange x song and maybe songs from y game" and other positive feedback, which makes me feel like what I did was something that people enjoyed and that people liked and not only "me being a big ego spreading my arrangements all over the internet in an attempt to more or less take over the world and have absolute power over it (mwahahaha)". But that it was something that I enjoyed doing and that other people also appreciated, so basically a win-win situation. Hope this story enlightens you a bit. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

I'm not an expert on this, but I don't think sharing arrangements on YouTube would be considered self-centered.

And it's not them paying you, it's the ad companies. Nothing wrong with that.

FireArrow

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on December 31, 2016, 05:52:28 PM2 months ago, around the time that I left, I was going through a very very bad time in my life. I lost literally all my friends. I had severe depression. And responses like these from not just you, but from everyone made everything worse. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself yet, nobody would care. I left the site to get away from this, I didn't need it. Thankfully, I made a friend who showed SYMPATHY and KINDNESS, while still helping me change the things I've been doing. Because of her, I made it through this rough time and depression. I decided, since my life was going pretty great, I should return to this forum to hopefully a better community than what I left, but no, everything's still aggravating. This forum has brought me nothing but anger, and I'm sad to see that it still does. I know that I do things wrong, you don't need to tell me 100 frickin times. I need to learn to be more mature, I get that, but you need to learn sympathy and kindness. I don't want this anymore, I'm better off without you.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen you do anything to help anyone else here. All I can remember from you is homophobic posts towards PDS and constantly changing the subject to be about you. The world isn't going to cater to your needs and neither are we. Sympathy and kindness are things you earn from people not things you get, try actually building relatioships with people here if that's what you're looking for.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]