The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

God some songs just pisses me off arranging! :(
Trying to arrange "An Empty Tome (Arranged version)" from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. And it's just... hard. Argh. I like the song and I want to complete arranging it And in good quality, but it's just tough. Thinking of doing a song in a completely different style but still a good Castlevania song namely "Requiem of the Gods" from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. But I think that song also has some difficulties in it, and I want to focus at one song at a time. But this song... it's hard, reminds me of "Simple Song" from Rise of Nations, another "looks simple at the surface, is complicated when you start arranging it-song". Those songs really are annoying.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

I was watching some of the Stories videos from Twisted Metal Black (a (great and funny) game I played as a kid), and I really "liked" them in the sense that it "gave me chills". And I pretty much never feel that way. But it feels so sad, the game being SO Dark and just to be honest "just creepy", and me enjoying (that specifically feels sad). But still not caring much about if people think like that (if they think it's "a bad game") or if it is like that (if it is a bad game).

Here's the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrOPKhFVd5o

Have anyone else played that game?
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

>:( I'm trying to watch the Treehouse, but school wifi won't load twitch, and I can't get service in this room.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Usually I post in the pytotm when life sucks cause I don't deserve to complain about anything, but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me.  I usually have trouble describing how I feel and usually that's because I have no overwhelming emotions to most things but right now a good way to describe it is being miserable makes me happy or satisfied.  I don't know why, but I'd rather be sitting in my room with the lights off hating myself than being outside my room watching a movie with my family or something.  I think my greatest fear right now is that nothing is wrong with me and I'm just making excuses.  I googled "being miserable makes me happy" and an article gave a few possible reasons and they kinda sound sure but not really.  There's a really big disconnect between my self-image and how others see me.  Who do you guys think I am?  Ugh, this is starting to sound like a crappy Facebook chain post.  I dunno, just kinda tell me what you think I'm like, maybe a few attributes or qualities (negative and positive) that from what you know of me really describe me.  And be serious too not fake mushy crap that deep down you know you're making up.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't want attention and this isn't a sob story asking you to give an I love you essay.  I'm serious.
unmotivated

Dude

I hate family activities too lol so you aren't alone.

Latios212

A few words that come to mind.

- Approachable
- Easygoing
- Blunt
- Apathetic
- Lonely
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

You're one of the most friendly people on the site and don't seem to hold grudges against anyone but yourself. You also run around acting like you're always right about everything but some of the things you say are just dumb.

I guess that would be my honest bio of you.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

I think that you're opinionated but also super chill which is a combination I really envy. It's like your beliefs and values are incredibly strong but you don't feel the need to argue with others about them beyond saying "I disagree." I like that you hold some amount of respect for everyone and that you always say what you mean, which is my favorite trait a human can have.

Since you want the entire truth, I feel like a flaw you have (and I have this problem too, so don't take it as a dig) is that occasionally you can't empathize with others enough to see how their point could be valid. Almost like there's some amount of belief that most people are inherently the same.

I also don't want to diagnose or anything like that but you've always seemed like a depressive person and I was wondering if you've ever sought help or talked to some kind of counselor.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

I've had experience with the "being miserable makes me happy" thing; I can distinctly remember times in about the past two years where I noticed that I felt the same way. I'd attribute it to depression, and I think it's normal for that to happen at your age. A lot of people today discount depression as a "legitimate" problem ("go outside and get some fresh air, you're fine" is a commonly-cited piece of advice), but everybody hits a wall late in their teens. A counselor is definitely a good idea if you feel like you're not finding joy in things. I've also heard that getting up and just doing something productive does help with self-esteem a little.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 13, 2017, 08:49:17 PMUsually I post in the pytotm when life sucks cause I don't deserve to complain about anything, but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me.  I usually have trouble describing how I feel and usually that's because I have no overwhelming emotions to most things but right now a good way to describe it is being miserable makes me happy or satisfied.  I don't know why, but I'd rather be sitting in my room with the lights off hating myself than being outside my room watching a movie with my family or something.  I think my greatest fear right now is that nothing is wrong with me and I'm just making excuses.  I googled "being miserable makes me happy" and an article gave a few possible reasons and they kinda sound sure but not really.  There's a really big disconnect between my self-image and how others see me.  Who do you guys think I am?  Ugh, this is starting to sound like a crappy Facebook chain post.  I dunno, just kinda tell me what you think I'm like, maybe a few attributes or qualities (negative and positive) that from what you know of me really describe me.  And be serious too not fake mushy crap that deep down you know you're making up.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't want attention and this isn't a sob story asking you to give an I love you essay.  I'm serious.

You're a nice person Noc, and a very special person as well. :) you reminds me of a good friend I got in the Smash community, who also is kind of special in the sense that he is kind of strikt sometimes. He hates Captain Falcon and all the "jank" in Smash and want the game to be played optimally and perfect. Also is pretty calm and quiet most of the times. And you also reminds me of a good friend and work colleague, who is also calm but is very careful and precise when it comes to work and stuff (want's to do stuff perfectly). And both are really nice friends, and you seem a bit like them.

I'm not sure if people really think I'm the person I think I am (and I don't even really know or care who I am). Some people probably think I'm the nicest person and is really kind and all. But I'm very aware of that I got a bad temperament, and that I'm often passive aggressive and can get upset easily, but often doesn't let that out because, by experience I've learned that it really makes people in a bad mood and creates a bad atmosphere.

And I think you got a big point in that what you were saying. That just "feeling positive and having fun with friends and family" isn't always what you might feel is the best for you. I remember a guy posting some post on facebook talking about smash and how he talked with some old man on the train about mindset, and in the end concluded that he thought that the ideal mindset was a "neutral one, with small positive hints and thoughts". And I disagreed with that, really, I didn't think that I lost only because of having a "poor mindset" I only thought my mindset was different from his. And I thought that if you don't think bad thoughts like "you suck, you're not good enough, and special" then there will be no drive within you and no emotions left. You'll just be sitting there like "lalala I'm having a nice day, the bird are singing and everybody's happy and lalala", and everything will be just lame and mundane. (Not that you should be angry or sad all the time, but I think you get the point). And I think that negative emotions have a value, because they make us see ourselves as bad and poor and by that encourages us to do or be better.

I also think that some things that makes you feel angry or miserable might make you feel more feelings and maybe let you be "more of yourself". Like me listening to sad music (like Enemy Inside by Dream Theater) or maybe watching the stories of Twisted Metal Black, Idk how's it for you, maybe you like listening to some music that like nobody listens to, or music like "Paint it Black" by Rolling Stones or "Into the Lens" by Yes or something like that. But I think it has some value.

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2017, 12:37:26 PMAnd I think that negative emotions have a value, because they make us see ourselves as bad and poor and by that encourages us to do or be better.
This is a dangerous thing to suggest. More often than not, negative emotions consume a person, not encourage them. If you continually tell yourself you are bad at something or are bad in general, you will believe it, and won't see the value at persevering through something anyway. You can use negative observations as a starting point for self-improvement, but letting them control you will never end positively. Never.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

I can agree with you. Guess you could see negative emotions as "a spice". A small dose makes the stew more tasteful, but too much completely ruins it.

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2017, 12:37:26 PM-snip-
Real smooth how you responded to Noc by making his original post an excuse to talk about yourself even more.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 14, 2017, 12:50:41 PMReal smooth how you responded to Noc by making his original post an excuse to talk about yourself even more.

Me being me.

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

With shit like this (and another recent post you made), you might consider that it's not really a good thing to be proud of, and perhaps you should be trying to improve those things.
what is shitpost