News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Heathen. Real headphones begin at $500+ $100+ $50+ uhh whatever you can afford

AmpharosAndy

(The dollar equivalent of) 30 quid minimum or they just won't last methinks. Anything cheaper breaks relatively quickly and ends up totalling the same amount if not more than just one better pair.
innit

E. Gadd Industries

My ears are very strange; earbuds won't stay in them, so I found these that have things that clip around the top of my ear so they won't fall out. Again, works for me just well :P
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

I got these real nice philips headphones for 50 but they were on a big sale
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

My headphones are Sennheiser HD 280s. They're around $100 depending on where you get them, but these are durable, and the cord is ridiculously long as per Sennheiser (but a coiled option is available, which I took). Also super comfortable, even after several hours (though friends of mine sometimes disagree). Definitely a good investment (albeit they aren't particularly mobile).
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

I've used and loved Grading sr80s for years. Absolutely gorgeous sound, but open canisters so you get a bit of sound leakage and it doesn't block any ambient noise. Still totally worth it in my opinion.

Tobbeh99

I'm just so confused atm!

I bought some new sheet music. Which was really good and fine and all. But one of the sheet music books I bought was really weird.

It's this book:
https://en.schott-music.com/shop/ausgewahlte-klavierwerke-15.html

And I just looked at the famous Hungarian Rhapsody no.2. And the sheet was just... not right! The entire piece was in C-minor! Everyone plays it in C#-minor! It just makes no sense at all, and feel like I tricked. But I think their purpose with the sheet music book was to make some of his works "easier" and having them arranged. But it doesn't say that on the the book or anywhere! It just seems like "Liszt compilation album". So I definitely feel swindled by the sheet music company for buying this!

...edit: Turns out it is an arranged and simplified version of the real original one. That just sucks... next time I'd make sure to only buy "real versions" and make sure they look promising and authentic. It just feels pointless playing simplified versions of famous and classical works (no matter how hard they might be). I value faithfulness and originality when it comes to classical works!

Here's how the simplified version looks:
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Tfw you live in Kentucky and it's the middle of February & 65°F outside.  >:(
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated