The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 14, 2017, 01:14:16 PMYep, and it's caused by the Earth's tilt.
I know. The Earth is tilted on its axis in the same direction always. Depending on where the Earth is relative to the Sun, it will be a different season.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

It's almost like you two are arguing except you're actually aggressively agreeing with each other.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 14, 2017, 01:14:16 PMYep, and it's caused by the Earth's tilt.
All because a long time ago, Earth was beat up by a bully meteor-thing. :D

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 14, 2017, 12:42:08 PMYeah... even if I'm only going to use a fraction of it later in life.
You're using math even now! :D

Quote from: Dudeman on March 14, 2017, 01:40:11 PMIt's almost like you two are arguing except you're actually aggressively agreeing with each other.
I laughed
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 14, 2017, 12:10:30 PMMathematics is going to kill me. I understand it, but it drains my life away.
Don't tell Latios.
He takes ridiculous math classes for fun.

Zunawe

Linear algebra is a fantastic subject and calculus III is super useful for anything to do with multidimensional functions (which comes up in anything analytical). You should all take them both.

And actually though, everybody can benefit from a probability/statistics class. The concepts are very applicable to everyday things, even if the calculations themselves aren't.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Calculus is fun, I don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously, I love Calculus. Derivatives/integrals feel more like puzzles than math problems. then again, math usually feels more like puzzles than problems to me so uh yeah
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

I've never taken calc and never will. Precalc killed me (partially at fault for having the most try hard teacher ever) and I avoided math ever since.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: My Maths BookMathematics Faculty 2017

Scope & Sequence Preliminary Mathematics

Term 1:
Week 2-6: Algebra, Equations and Surds
Week 7-8: Indices and Logs
Week 9-11: Functions and Relations

Term 2:
Week 1: Year 11 Camp
Week 2-4: Trigonometry
Week 5-6: Linear Functions
Week 7-9: Limits and Calculus
Week 10: Quadratic Poly

Term 3:
Week 1: Quadratic Poly
Week 2-4: General Locus and Locus of a Parabola
Week 5-7: Plane Geometry
Week 8-10: EXAMS

Term 4:
Week 1-3: Radian Measure and Trigonometric Functions
Week 4-6: Sequences and Series
Week 7-10: Applications of Calculus and Curve Sketching

WHY MUST I
Mathematics used to be my strong point, back when it had great significance (which gave me motivation).
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zunawe

Never underestimate the significance of linear functions.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on March 14, 2017, 08:00:43 PMI've never taken calc and never will. Precalc killed me (partially at fault for having the most try hard teacher ever) and I avoided math ever since.
I love Calculus, but my professor for Calc 1 last semester wrote some brutal tests that kind of made me less hyped about the subject. Taking Calc 2 next Fall semester, and hoping I'm reinvigorated after taking Biostatistics (it's not as bad as it sounds, fortunately!).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Quote from: Dudeman on March 14, 2017, 01:40:11 PMIt's almost like you two are arguing except you're actually aggressively agreeing with each other.

i came up with a term for this with an old ex, "loud agreement session"

E. Gadd Industries

I'm taking AP Cal and love it! But then again, I love both math & science.

Quote from: Altissimo on March 15, 2017, 07:10:44 AMi came up with a term for this with an old ex, "loud agreement session"
Aptly named.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

I've been gone for who knows how long because of complications in my life that've dragged me down. I've been doing mostly good at finishing my monthly videos and reviews, but then this month I've lost most motivation to do things, mainly due to a bad reaction with an anti-anxiety medicine. (Made me hallucinate for the first time ever and it wasn't fun)

I had to get an increased dosage last week which helped a ton at first, but now I'm starting to notice a week in that if I don't take it as soon as I wake up, my early morning floods me with anxiety that really hurts to have (Something that didn't happen before with my old one which let me sleep in and all that. I changed meds due to my paranoia returning.) Afterwards I'm my normal self but part of me feels that something isn't completely right, which can make things a pain at times. I'm also trying my hardest to find new IRL friends who maybe like video games/other interests, but my social behaviors make that near impossible. (Especially in a college where everyone else in my class is my dad's age) I've gotten a few reviews done since then, but I haven't been in the mood to make videos, even though I NEED to make at least one retrospective a month for my patreon supporters, so I'm struggling to get myself to type a script.

Hopefully I can come back here more during my free time, but ATM I feel like I'm in a weird void of uncertainty. I thought it was because of particular world events in January, but then I noticed that last month nothing to worry about happened with said event so I'm not as worried about that as I was before... Now I just worry about life.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

I've done some writing for MTG so I know the feeling of "what do I write about"?  Idk what you've already done retrospectives on, but maybe you could do some console retrospectives or something.  If you've got a deadline because of patreon type stuff, it's a lot easier to get it done if you just do bits of it at a time over the month (from my experience)
unmotivated