The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

-_________- turns out I missed an intro from The Manta Storm, so I'll be updating that and replacing the version on site when I get to the Sunshine replacements.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

I went to an anime con by myself yesterday hoping I would meet someone and join their group. Obviously that didn't work out and I've never felt so alone...

Maelstrom

Dude

Yeah so I'm probably taking a vacation from life for a week if work lets me.

Maelstrom

Not sure that's the wisest response....
I mean, you'll probably maybe feel better by the end of it, but a week is a long time.

mikey

lol a week is nothing I spend months at a time doing nothing
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 26, 2017, 02:46:40 PMlol a week is nothing I spend months at a time doing nothing
Wait, I thought you were in a school or college or something.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

sometimes i get really depressed that i dont have more freedom in my life

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

LuxraySpiral

Words of the young and foolish:
Couldn't you just throw your current life away completely if you feel unhappy enough? Set yourself free; explore unknown lands; leave behind all you've known.
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. But surely change can't hurt too much?

Anyway, I seem to break down because of existential crises every few months, and I can't pull myself to carry on with life due to nihilistic thoughts. Last time, I couldn't go to school for a while, and I had moderate/severe depression, with self harm and suicidal thoughts. I didn't get any medical treatment, because I deemed that useless for helping me.
My question is, if it strikes me again, what can I do to keep going? Does anyone have any advice? Is there any way to break this cycle? (I assume this chat is where I ask help for things like this)
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Maelstrom

Making irl friends who you can talk to about it is probably the hardest, but most effective way. NSM can't substitute for actual face to face talks.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dude on March 26, 2017, 11:16:23 AMI went to an anime con by myself yesterday hoping I would meet someone and join their group. Obviously that didn't work out and I've never felt so alone...

D: I'm sorry that happened dude :c I've been there before, and it's not fun. I'll be there on skype if you want to talk or get your mind off of it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!