News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Trainer Ave

That would be a waste when it would make a good YouTube video.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 18, 2017, 07:04:37 PMThat would be a waste when it would make a good YouTube video.

who watches react videos? like how many views do you get. is it really worthwhile

i dont mean to sound condescending i just 1000000% do not get the appeal of them

Trainer Ave

And now I understand the first part of your signature
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

Plenty of people watch reaction videos. You don't get the appeal but people enjoy it.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

I'd have to agree with alti here, I'd rather watch something than watch somebody watch that thing

Like being entertainment is a legit thing but reaction videos seems like such a small niche that it doesn't seem worth it
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I understand where you're coming from but other people don't feel that way. People watch reaction videos to see how other people feel about something they have seen. There are reaction channels that do blatantly steal content but that is not me. To be fair though, reactions would only cover about 20% of my channel's content.

And also tbh reaction videos are no different than let's plays.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 18, 2017, 07:55:53 PMAnd also tbh reaction videos are no different than let's plays.

... uhhhhhhh not quite

mikey

Let's plays are also a form of entertainment yes and my beef with them is quite similar in that I'd rather play the game than watch (with some notable exceptions such as hard games) but let's plays have the advantage of being much longer and feeling more intimate or giving you sincerity rather than a reaction video which could easily be forced or exaggerated.  Like me reacting to anything would usually be a straight face with the occasional smile or eyebrow raise
unmotivated

Nebbles

LP's feel more genuine, because the person is playing a game they enjoy and talk about their experiences with it. Reaction videos are just... well... here is a thing. I reacted to it. Oh wow.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

Let's plays are quite equal in the respect that they can be forced or exaggerated. When I watch something (if it's good enough) I will get really invested in it and I am very vocal when watching something. A reaction video from me would be very different. However like I said it would only be about 20% of my channel's content

Reaction videos: here is a video. Let me share my thoughts and feelings with you about things that happen in it
Let's plays: here is a game. Let me share my thoughts and feelings with you about things that happen in it
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

It ultimately depends on what they're reacting to.

If it's just a jump scare or shock site, that's pointless. However, if it's like a movie trailer or rant or something along those lines that they can actually talk about, then it may be worth watching.

Trainer Ave

Exactly. There are some things I would never react to simply because there isn't much to say.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server