The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

I feel like I need to apologize to this community as a whole. I'm not sure exactly why but I feel that it's necessary. I feel like maybe I've put people through things they weren't prepared for and maybe offended some people. I also feel that I might have some psychological issues that have never been diagnosed. I feel like I'm just repeating the same cycle over and over again in an unchanging loop. I try to absorb myself in false realities (fiction in any form) just to escape the harsh would I've been living. I have to wake up every day to face ADHD, a visual impairment, and my past. Perhaps my past is the hardest to deal with, or maybe it's the present I'm not really sure. I was taken from my parents before I could even be self aware. My sisters and I have always been separated for as long as I can remember. I wound up living with my aunt and uncle. My uncle has always been verbally and physically abusive. Even now when he speaks to me he yells. My aunt has been more condescending towards me with nearly everything she's ever said. I feel like the may have left some emotional scars on me. They've tried to control every aspect of my life. I'm rarely able to see my father and sisters. I rarely ever have money to do anything. The money I make from disability checks is quickly sapped away by them. Even now they want to know where i am at all times. I thought that maybe once i became an adult things would cahnge but they didn't. My aunt and uncle still manage to sap every ounce of control i have out of me. I know they dont truly want me around. They never did. It's why they sent me to a school 3 and a half hours away from where I live. They barely did any work with raising me and instead left it up to the school. At least there I had some people who understood me, however few. I feel like they're just afraid to not be parents anymore.
One day I asked the question of why what should have been my family was split up the way it was. 30 years ago my father was accused of raping a young girl. It was a false accusation but that didn't really matter. The girl's parents were rich and they had a grudge against him for some reason that I still don't know. They paid off people in the jury and my father was wrongfully convicted. He spent some time in prison and has been a registered sex offender ever since.

Probably the best time of my life came when I was 11. I met 2 people by the names of Katherine and Tyler. One became my girlfriend and the other my best friend. My fondest memories are the ones I spent with them. Sadly on March 25, 2010 Katherine and I were at her house and an accident happened. Katherine suffered a head injury that ultimately killed her. I, at the age of 12 and being the only witness, had to explain to her family, the doctors, and the police what happened. Tyler was the only one to comfort me. Unfortunately he would also die in a car crash two weeks later. Because my aunt and uncle were heartless I was never able to attend either of their funerals. I broke. I slipped into depression for 4 years. I got to the point where I no longer cared about anyone or anything. I tried many times to commit suicide. I kept asking myself if there was a point in living a life filled with misery. To this day I still don't have an answer for that question.

Every day I try to find something to escape into. I tell myself that maybe there's hope in something but it always feels like a lie. I also know that soceity in general will never take the problems I've faced seriously. I'm a white male after all, the worst kind of people and I should just man up and deal with it. I'm supposed to never show emotion because that is what weak people do isn't it. I don't know I f they're telling the truth but I know I've tried for too long to be strong. I don't know how much more I can do. I've tried to hide everything I feel but it only keeps getting worse.

Maybe I do have some psychological issues or maybe I don't. Either way I'm tired of being miserable and I want to end it. I've tried to kill myself before and I won't do it again. I can't leave my sisters behind. We've all endured hardship and maybe I have it the worst maybe I don't. It doesn't matter. I'm just sick of being miserable and having nowhere to turn.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

that's really sad man but

" I was taken from my parents before I could even be self aware. My sisters and I have always been separated for as long as I can remember. I wound up living with my aunt and uncle."

have you considered the possibility that you're just luke skywalker
maybe in your early 20's your aunt and uncle will be killed and you'll be swept away with an old man to overthrow a regime led by your father
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Altissimo

IANAL but im sure theres something you can do to get yourself out of that situation hey? From what little I know about disability checks theyre written in your name if youre an adult, not your aunt/uncles', so literally i would think you could prevent them from getting them. Transfer it to a new bank account that they cant access, idk. It's your money, not theirs, and so there must be some way to prevent them from literally stealing it. But beyond that, call the welfare office and like any sort of local disability/rehabilitative services group that you can and see if you can get their help with dealing with the situation. Like seriously that's massively fucked up and you should strive to do something. Are your sisters still with you, are they being abused too? If so call CPS as well. Call the police, call who the fuck ever. There are tons and tons and tons of resources available to you on the Internet and I would be remiss if I didn't at least advise you to attempt to take action. Maybe you already have and are thinking "I did, nothing worked, there's nothing I can do" and that is a goddamn defeatist attitude to have. With all the shit that's out there you're bound to find some way to improve the life situation if you so desire.

And consider seeing a psychiatrist if you are able/willing because that may help you deal with some of this situation. You are a legal adult and the money is legally yours. There is going to be some way that you can prevent your aunt and uncle taking from you whatever it is you need to get this done, whether it's by like changing the routing of the money or contacting the police or the welfare services or whoever else. Somewhere there is bound to be someone who can assist with this literal theft of your funds as you are a legal adult and the funds are in your name.

Seek help. I couldn't begin to tell you where but seek it. And don't give up, no matter what happens. I've seen too many people, including myself, fall into the trap of demoralization and despair after failure and it is the least productive thing you could possibly do with yourself and your life. If you want change, you need to seek it, no matter how much you may want to avoid the situation. Nothing was ever accomplished by the strength of hope alone. It is hard and it is going to hurt and it is going to suck but it is the key to triumphing.

You might not take this advice but it is my moral obligation as a fellow human being and NSMer to say what I can to help, regardless of any negative comments I may have made toward you before. No one deserves that kind of life.

Trainer Ave

Thank you.

Unfortunately with the disability checks, they can only be transferred if I have a bank account which I don't because my aunt is doing everything she can to prevent me from getting an ID
 Even if I could pay for the ID I don't have my birth certificate or social security card. She has it.

My younger sister lives with another aunt and uncle of mine. I can't do anything about her situation. However she already has and she'll be moving out in May. My older sister is already out on her own .

I'd like to seek a psychiatrist but unfortunately my visual impairment leaves me stuck in a place where I'll need special training to drive. Only one person in my state is certified to give this training so that won't happen for a while.

I've been trying to move out and it seems nearly impossible. I need to have a roommate because my check won't be enough to cover everything alone. Unfortunately the best option I have right now won't be open until midfall.

I really do think I need emotional help. I just can't figure out where to get it from.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 26, 2017, 08:19:18 PMUnfortunately with the disability checks, they can only be transferred if I have a bank account which I don't because my aunt is doing everything she can to prevent me from getting an ID
 Even if I could pay for the ID I don't have my birth certificate or social security card. She has it.
Then hold her at gunpoint and make her give them to you.
I don't mean that literally but let me repeat: You are an adult.

QuoteI'd like to seek a psychiatrist but unfortunately my visual impairment leaves me stuck in a place where I'll need special training to drive. Only one person in my state is certified to give this training so that won't happen for a while.
Okay, fair.

QuoteI've been trying to move out and it seems nearly impossible. I need to have a roommate because my check won't be enough to cover everything alone. Unfortunately the best option I have right now won't be open until midfall.
This is why I recommended calling disability support services, if they exist. That is the kind of thing they specialize in. They should be able to help you find options. If not, hold on until fall and then grab the shit out of that option. For your own sake.

QuoteI really do think I need emotional help. I just can't figure out where to get it from.
Again: Disability support services. There are organizations literally dedicated to helping people in your exact situation. The official social security office may be able to help too.

I can't carry on this discussion any further because I have a habit of getting way too invested in other peoples' shitty situations and it ends up damaging MY health to do so. But I promise you that if you google some keywords you will be able to find support services in your area or state. Take advantage of technology. I can't tell you where specifically to turn, but resources do exist. Look for them.

Altissimo

Also, consider posting your story at r/legaladvice or other similar internet-based law and/or disability locations. They're free and you will get better advice than you did from me most likely as well as a support network you may be able to take advantage of if you need to.

K, i'm done for real now

mastersuperfan

Pre-ordered a Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch on Amazon. The game is stored in the standard Switch game case, which is then stored in another special edition case for the first print.

Opened the package, the outer box was dented and crumpled. Opened that up, and the Switch game case was full of dents and holes.

Naturally, requested a replacement, which arrived today... in equally bad condition.

>.>
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 27, 2017, 04:12:08 PMPre-ordered a Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch on Amazon. The game is stored in the standard Switch game case, which is then stored in another special edition case for the first print.

Opened the package, the outer box was dented and crumpled. Opened that up, and the Switch game case was full of dents and holes.

Naturally, requested a replacement, which arrived today... in equally bad condition.

>.>

I always knew those Puyo Puyo games were trouble.

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 27, 2017, 04:12:08 PMPre-ordered a Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Switch on Amazon. The game is stored in the standard Switch game case, which is then stored in another special edition case for the first print.

>.>
You had that issue, too? Man, the place where they make/store these must've had a Yeti attack or something.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on April 26, 2017, 08:02:04 PMIANAL
spotted the r/legaladvice follower
no but seriously she's right

Separate to that though... my boyfriend of 6 months this Sunday is pissed at me because I told him I didn't want to have to stop being friends with someone who he didn't like (she gives him anxiety issues I guess? Idk he has a tendency to overdramaticize things).

I love him but to me if you ask your partner to stop seeing someone because you don't like them it's a bit of a red flag. Even holding the anxiety bit as true, which it very well could be, I get the sense that it's also because he thinks she's trying to get me to leave him for her. I've ended up in a controlling relationship once before and I am NOT interested in another one.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 27, 2017, 05:46:06 PMspotted the r/legaladvice follower
nah i just happen to know the acronym from interacting with other r/legaladvice followers lmao

QuoteSeparate to that though... my boyfriend of 6 months this Sunday is pissed at me because I told him I didn't want to have to stop being friends with someone who he didn't like (she gives him anxiety issues I guess? Idk he has a tendency to overdramaticize things).

I love him but to me if you ask your partner to stop seeing someone because you don't like them it's a bit of a red flag. Even holding the anxiety bit as true, which it very well could be, I get the sense that it's also because he thinks she's trying to get me to leave him for her. I've ended up in a controlling relationship once before and I am NOT interested in another one.
Yeah I agree that's a red flag! Oh dear

mikey

Somehow I knew what it stands for, maybe someone has already used it here

Do you actually know why he doesn't like you interacting with her or are you jumping to conclusions
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Everything I've said here was said by him to me from DM.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Big red flag. It's blunt, but if he can't handle you having your own friends and he doesn't have a legitimate reason not to like her, end that. I can't stress this enough.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.