News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Oh I more thought you were saying sarcastically "better talk to some random stranger that'll help"

Ignore me I've been up since 6:30 and working a lot of that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Not sure I feel this is a rant, but I am really sad right now...
I mentioned this earlier, but a lot of my close friends are graduating and today was the last day I got to be with them... Tuesday they're graduating, but I won't be able to say much before all the people have to leave after the ceremony T_T And to make matters worse, "Photograph" has been stuck in my head for the past few hours AND I TOOK PICTURES WITH ONE OF THE PEOPLE IM CLOSEST WITH TODAY AS A MEMORY OF THEM
;-;
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 12, 2017, 08:38:20 PMAnd to make matters worse, "Photograph" has been stuck in my head for the past few hours
here lemme help
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

why must you

Also saying goodbye to friends it hard, because often it means you have to go through the trouble of getting new ones.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

InsigTurtle

To be honest, the only thing I'm positive about right now is that I'm depressed, and I'm not even that positive about that.

Again, I've gotta thank you guys for your support, but... Even though I've been talking to the friends I trust about it, it's not doing me any good, because right after they make me slightly happy, my mood just plummets again. But the thing about the doctors, I really don't care about my body, but I do care about not feeling like shit. My weight's been fluctuating a lot recently so that points at something not-so-good, but I can't be arsed to do anything about it. I guess there's also some apathy here, where I know I'm not feeling well, but I don't feel like doing anything to stop it. And then when I have to unload my problems here, I just feel shitty about it, I don't want people to think that I'm weak or that I'm looking for attention. Medication could help, if I ever see a doctor, but I'll have to see if there's gonna be any side effects with the ones I have to already take.

Anyway, I'm gonna take another nap. I've been having a lot of those recently.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Yep. Thaaat's depression. People keep saying go to a doctor, but a therapist may actually work better, and may make you a little more comfortable.

edit: ninja'd

blueflower999

chemistry finals make me wish I majored in dance or something
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Altissimo

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 12, 2017, 08:44:24 PMI guess there's also some apathy here, where I know I'm not feeling well, but I don't feel like doing anything to stop it

Yeah that's kind of. Like the whole deal with depression. You just can't bring yourself to do anything. But it doesn't get better if you don't deal with it so even though you "don't feel like" doing anything to stop it my advice is still going to be to muster up whatever willpower you have and forcing yourself to make a change.

If not, tell your friends to. I have heard a story about someone who was so depressed that his friends forcibly dragged him out of bed and put him in a car and drove him to the ER and told them that he was going to kill himself. That was the actual intervention that this person needed in order to overcome his own apathy and get anything done.

I don't want to see you (or anyone else) in that place. Please consider finding the willpower to make a change for yourself.

ninja'd by Maelstrom: Therapist is better than a doctor but a psychiatrist is the one who can actually prescribe medication. But either way go to one of them and not a physical doc.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:40:24 PMhere lemme help
Thanks...

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 12, 2017, 08:43:40 PMwhy must you

Also saying goodbye to friends it hard, because often it means you have to go through the trouble of getting new ones.
It's extremely hard for me... they are some of my closest friends, and I know it's really not gonna matter because most people go through this, but I'm just having a really hard time right now; they took me in as one of their own right from the start, and I've got enough memories that I could write a series on them... I mean, yeah, over the summer I'll be making a lot of new friends, but it'll be hard to ever find people that made me feel as though they cared about me to the extent they did...

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 12, 2017, 08:45:44 PMAlso, a better song about photographs.
Good song, yes... T_T
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

*disclaimer: this may not work for you*
so when I was depressed I skipped school almost every day and ended up W most of my classes though I did flunk one I didn't think I was going to.  But basically when I said I was driving to school I would drive to Monticello instead and just spend the day chillin, sitting at a park.  My sleep patterns were all out of whack (and I had to wake up at 5 AM every morning for something mormons do called "seminary") so basically I went days at a time without getting any sleep drinking mountain dew from subway (probably how I got addicted to it) to sleeping 14 hours a day depending on how I felt.  And I was still depressed when I moved out here to utah, I think.  But what I think had the most impact on me was 1) being outside 2) spending money and 3) watching LEGO Movie nonstop.  I was depressed, but the time I spent alone just reflecting or being calm was much more enjoyable than anything else I could do.  I remember being certain my friends actually hated me and didn't want to be around me, so I didn't bother trying to hang out with them.  In hindsight, I regret not forcing myself to do anything.
Voltaire's Candide is a marvelous work that you might enjoy.  Once you read it analyzing it might help you reflect on yourself.
Climb a tree and close your eyes.
Take melatonin if you're not tired and force yourself to stick to a sleep schedule.  I did this in Utah after I moved and melatonin was great helping me be asleep by 10 PM.
There's a lot about depression that you can't fix by yourself, but it's your own mind and you have a lot more control over it than you think
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I feel like Noc and I would be friends if we ever met

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

sure kid I'll buy dinner

just as long as you don't say you're going to the bathroom and actually drive to monticello

DarkraixDEATH4

hey guys since i'm new to the community i guess ill share apart of my personal life.. i feel dark energy flowing through my veins everytime my parents ask what's i can tell they never mean it. it's so hard all my life i've felt alone, apart form love. my only companion is my best friend, my inner demons they talk to me at night and tell me to do bad things like not do my chores or not do my school work. there my only REAL friends everyone else is just a lie. sometimes me and my demons go on walks, particularly at night because that's when we feel safe away from the light. my parents have asked me about the voices in my head before, but they'll never understand i don't even think they REALLY care to know who/what i am. they ask just to feel like they're good parents, but me and my demons know that they're just lying. my brother is my parents favorite simply because he was the first born. they spoil him with stuff all the time, but never me. they think im emo but i'm not. they just don't understand that my dark sense of fashion is just the way i like to dress. every morning i wake up for school, my demons are always there to help me through the tough start (unlike my family) i feel like they're the only things that i can love but not with REAL love a dark kind of love. like the kind of love that's not compassionate love but dark love (if you understand what i mean) once I believe I meet the devil himself when i decided to turn to drugs... i started abusing my prescriptions. they say that you cant get a high from Tylenol, but i can confirm to you that you for sure can. my parents found out about my drug abuse but THEY DIDN'T EVEN CARE. i knew they wouldn't, they don't ever care. they simply told me that you can't die from drinking too much of that and that it's nothing too serious like OKAY, WHAT IF I STARTED DOING SOMETHING MORE DARMFUL MOM? what if i turned to ibuprofen huh? I don't know what to do guys... i need a new family, and i think it's NSM that i'll find it you guys seem really cool and i can't wait to get to know all of you. i feel like i belong here. this is where i'm meant to be :)