The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 26, 2010, 11:41:57 AMNo it isn't.  They should have just called it Smugleaf.

And I bet you were among the crowd that wanted Marill to be "Pikablu." :|

Smugleaf is a good name, though I was talking about the starter itself, not its name.

Also, love your festive avatar.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Copypasta of a short conversation (Guess which one is me D:). Minor edit, mostly to trim the game related stuff off.

9:49pm
lol
i was going to have a dinner with friends today [for the birthday] but everyone went shopping xD

9:57pm
i'm back
belated happy birthday to you!
why didn't u go last week?

9:58pm
friends were back in town this week

10:03pm
so why didn't u go shopping w/ur friends?

10:06pm
too cheap lol
plus i wasnt invited and i don't really think i need anything

10:06pm
why wouldn't they invite u, if they were supposed to be joining u for a bday dinner?
sound like crap friends

10:07pm
lol

10:10pm
lol
i think u need new friends. who are these ppl?

10:13pm
friends from college

10:14pm
i think u should find new friends
ppl who dont ditch u for ur bday dinner, and then go out w/out u
good friends are honestly really hard to find.
so what else are you doing tonight?

SOMEBODY NOTICED!!!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2010, 11:57:31 AMAnd I bet you were among the crowd that wanted Marill to be "Pikablu." :|

lolwut

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

You really need some new friends, Ruto.

Anyways, my dad has been getting on me about playing video games. He says I should find something better to do. The problem is, there's nothing to do around here, so I turn to videogames to pass the time. Maybe if you want me to do stuff, get me a car so I can actually go places and do things.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

I didn't eat alone. Saria came with me because I could drag her outside  ;D. I was going to treat everybody to food since the event's for me anyway, but I only had one person, so yeah. Bill was like $40 for 2 people already.  I think one of them originally said she was going, but then didn't get the message I changed the day (several days ago) and she just decided not to show up at all to watch a TV movie just to be childish. Everyone else on the list was shopping.

But I want new friends anyway!!

@SFK
While I don't think your dad will buy you a car now, you could try to pick up a new indoor hobby. Like art. It can be really cheap (pencil artist) or really expensive (oil paint set/cleaning materials).  I found my old $30 pastel set==hours of fun.

SuperFireKirby

The thing is my dad thinks all I do when I'm not in his sight is play video games. I do draw both on paper and on the computer. I also play piano and guitar. My dad doesn't realize I do other things though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

This is how my family is with me and the computer. It kinda sucks but I think they're starting to accept that it's not all I do and it doesn't end my life or anything. Plus, my mom always says 'well she could be doing drugs and drinking and sneaking out!'. My mom always knows how to help well. Thanks mom. <3

Ruto

Yep. When my parents walk in on me doing homework, they tell me to do the dishes. It's like they're trying to find something wrong with you =__=

Winter

Quote from: Ruto on November 27, 2010, 09:50:16 AMYep. When my parents walk in on me doing homework, they tell me to do the dishes. It's like they're trying to find something wrong with you =__=
Worst thing ever -.-

Nobody every tells me to do the dishes unless I'm busy, or having fun

Saria

@Ruto  You never wash the dishes! They walked in on you when you were using the computer and laughing, I guess.

I don't like people who complain and never say anything good about themselves. Yesterday, I was at your dinner! Am I not funny?!

EDIT: You didn't drag me outside! I wanted to go because I felt sorry for you going alone at night.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Ruto

Hey wtf! Nahh, no way. You weren't around for most of those times and in case you didn't notice, somebody walked in just a little earlier today and did that again.  While I had a book in my hand -__-. I think it's the sisters who ask me to do dishes mostly. And mom's usually the one that asks me to do laundry.

Yup you showed up and that was great and all, but it was a bit weird.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 27, 2010, 01:00:34 AMlolwut

Marill was one of the first Pokemon from Johto revealed, and before it had an English name, the fan nickname was "Pikablu" because it looked a bit similar to Pikachu and was blue. xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

I just noticed this topic's name change. I really need to wake up...

Jub3r7

Quote from: Ruto on November 27, 2010, 09:08:40 AMBut I want new friends anyway!!
You always have us!  :D

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 27, 2010, 11:49:57 AMMarill was one of the first Pokemon from Johto revealed, and before it had an English name, the fan nickname was "Pikablu" because it looked a bit similar to Pikachu and was blue. xD

Actually, someone won a contest for creating a Pokemon.
They called it "Pikablu" because they based it off of Pikachu...

Then Nintendo decided to rename it to Marill. Well, that's what I heard, anyways...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Cobraroll

^Hardly:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikablu#Trivia

Early concept art shows Marill as originally pink, and its early name was "Marril". The "pikablu" name was just a fan name given after it had appeared in media, but before the name was released (Like Smugleaf, if you want). Just as Slow said.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.