News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

We all saw it coming... Pokémon's fifth generation announced

Started by Cobraroll, February 07, 2010, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame

I do not have high hopes for the new generation.  I completely lost my faith in Pokemon after the fourth gen.  HG/SS will be the last Pokemon games I buy.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

FreezeFlame

Yeah, I wasn't impressed by the new pokemon pictures.  Probably because they seem to look too much like older gen pokemon.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: FreezeFlame on February 14, 2010, 11:44:35 AMYeah, I wasn't impressed by the new pokemon pictures.  Probably because they seem to look too much like older gen pokemon.
You mean they look too much like the COOLER gen pokemon?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

HugoMeister

Some of the first Gen 4 pokemon released were like.....Bonsly. It doesn't take much to beat that.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

FreezeFlame

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 14, 2010, 08:35:58 PMYou mean they look too much like the COOLER gen pokemon?

That's not a good thing.  I don't want Pokemon that are shitty duplicates off of the good ones.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

^^To be fair, though, we've had plenty of duplicates already:

Pidgey evolution family - Starly evolution family
Spearow evolution family - Taillow evolution family
Rattata evolution family - Sentret evolution family - Zigzagoon evolution family - Bidoof evolution family
Venomoth - Mothim
Beedrill - Vespiquen
Seaking - Lumineon
Pichu - Plusle/Minun - Pachirisu
Magcargo - Torkoal
Shellder - Clamperl
Magikarp - Feebas
Caterpie/Weedle evolution family - Wurmple evolution family

It's hard to get original now. It will be worse.

And I predict a cute electric rodent in Gen. V. It just has to happen. Oh, and it will have black, round eyes.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Roz~

^This. It's impossible to not "copy" other gen pokémon. Be sure to have a pokemon like a Rattata and a Pidgey on the first roads of the next gen, since it's always been like that. And as Cobraroll said, there will be a cute electric type pokemon looking like a rodent. They really should vary, but only time'll tell if they will. Then again, I don't think it'll happen.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Taser9090

No! It's going to be released in 2010? But I just got Platinum and going to get Soul Silver!
Then I'll have to get the third game for the series...
And it might not be compatible with the other DS games!

But on the bright side,
New region/areas,
Gyms,
Features,
And Pokemon! (Let's hope they don't give crappy names like poor Lickilicki)

Edit:
Some of the Pokemon are like clones... But there are just Pokemon that are less valuable than others. That's like animals in real life, we take them all for granted. And there are a lot more animals than Pokemon, so I'm happy with it.

I really would like to see a Pokemon that doesn't remind me much of the past generations.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

PseudoMario16

well. i would enjoy some originality, but lets remember that nintendo no longer operates in the field of "enjoyment". they create "profit".
nintendo has done so many gimmicks (DSlite, DS XL, wii motion plus, wii balance board, sooo many crappy gimmicky wii games, etc.) that it would be hard to expect any different. dont get me wrong, i <3 HG and SS remakes!!! and diamond and pearl and platinum werent toooo bad, but im not putting too much hope into gen V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!