News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Finale question

Started by Tat, April 15, 2010, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tat

I started to arrange a piece that I want to submit here... but ran into trouble as Finale Notepad didn't let me switch between treble and bass clefs within a single staff. I looked at the Finale product comparison page and concluded that only the last upgrade (the $300+ one) would let me do that.

Since someone here probably has the ultimate version, I can probably work on the score and put textboxes "treble" and "bass" for someone to replace them with the clefs, if you guys are fine with that. One downside is that the playback will sound horrible when I'm working on it, since the notes will be sounding in a wrong clef :P

What do you think & any suggestions?

(I also compose in NoteWorthy, but I'm guessing going from .nwc -> .mid -> .mus would mess up the notations by too much. The clef changes didn't get through either, instead creating loads of ledgers. Probably not the way for me to go.)

Brassman388

Tat

Or maybe should I just leave the left hand in bass clef and use ledger lines? The highest note for left hand seems to be the bB above middle C so far. Shouldn't be that big of a crime, right?

Brassman388

As long as it doesn't look messy.

Tat

Think I'm done! Where do I submit it?
Kirby Adventure - Grape Garden [NES]

The Deku Trombonist

Make a new topic in the Submission board if you want your arrangement to be critiqued. When you want to submit your arrangement for an update, post in the submission for next update topic.

Tat

Aha thanks! I'll post it when I'm done making it look like the template.