News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Bloop's Arrangements: More Random Stuff, also Mario Kart

Started by Bloop, May 30, 2010, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on October 18, 2011, 12:56:36 PMRemoving it would let the song sound very empty :P

Actually, never said it should be removed. I just pointed out that sound a bit weird.
How about staccatos on all that eighths? That way they will remain there but sound shorter.

Quote from: Bloop on October 18, 2011, 12:56:36 PMI know, I did this with midi (are you disappointed now?) and the midi had the intro Snowing used... but that one isn't complete. This version includes the complete intro, and I think it would be to hard for me to do the first part by ear.

I understand, and I'm not disappointed, not even a little. I would be disappointed if you just copied the MIDI and didn't make any changes at all. But you did, there's no shame on that.

And the intro... Oh well, why not? I'll try to do it! But please send me PMs periodically, or I'll forget!  :)

Korados

Gosh, haven't been here for two months now, A-Levels are sooo exhausting! Thank you for the Francis Battle, it's so... nerdy! ;D

DonValentino

Quote from: Korados on October 18, 2011, 01:31:09 PMGosh, haven't been here for two months now, A-Levels are sooo exhausting! Thank you for the Francis Battle, it's so... nerdy! ;D

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-TECHNICAL!

Bloop

THEY'RE NOT DOLLS!! THEY'RE HI-TECHNICAL ACTION FIGURES!!

I'll try some staccatos tomorrow, cuz it's 20 to tomorrow for me :P

Bloop

Banjo-Tooie
Targitzan (Duet)
[MUS] [MID] [PDF]

I did this one with a midi to. Oh well.

Francis Battle (duet)
Super Paper Mario
[MUS] [MID] [PDF]

This version includes staccatos :P

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on October 19, 2011, 03:48:42 AMThis version includes staccatos :P

I see that you don't completely agree with me, so... Here:

Quote from: Bloop on October 18, 2011, 11:37:25 AMIt's actually the not-so-much-hearable-bass.

I didn't say that.  :P
So staccatos are right. Just one more thing: you put and mf on that left hand. If it's the not-so-much-hearable-bass, why not a p? I think the melody is still overpowered by that bass.  :)

Bloop

Hmm, I will add that later (another computer)

How is Targitzan actually?

(BTW The harmony is overpowered, the melody is a F (however Finale doesn't agree with that, but the midi does!))

DonValentino

Since I'm not an expert on Banjo music, I can't judge very well but after listening to the original, it's very good! Remove the fs and add an agitato or a loco at the beginning and it will be perfect!   :D
Oh! And don't forget the copyright and the complete title: "Targitzan, the Despotic Dizzy Totem God" :)

But... wait... there's something... there... ... ... UNBELIEVABLE! You forgot a staccato on the first note on measure 69!  :o

Korados

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 19, 2011, 11:33:59 AMSince I'm not an expert on Banjo music, I can't judge very well but after listening to the original, it's very good! Remove the fs and add an agitato or a loco at the beginning and it will be perfect!   :D
Oh! And don't forget the copyright and the complete title: "Targitzan, the Despotic Dizzy Totem God" :)

You're no expert in Banjo-Kazooie music? Please don't say me you never played the games, I'd not believe it! ;)

What do mean with loco or agitato, if you label all staves with forte, it's just fine. I guess the tempo might be agitato, but as it is pretty fast and furious, I'd prefer
"Allegro con brio".

Besides that, thank for another BT arrangement! There pretty easy to handle as they are almost always in Eb Major or c minor, as Kirkhope was a former metal band member
and most metal songs are also in c minor. ;D

Bloop

W-w-wait...

Allegro makes the tempo 120 while the actual tempo is 175...

Con brio doesn't work in Finale 2009.

Bloop

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bloop on October 25, 2011, 10:31:37 AMThe thing that doesn't show up in Finale 2009?
you should be able to make one or edit a pre-existing tempo marking in the expression tool.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bloop

Paper Mario
Over Shiver Mountain
[MUS] [MID] [PDF]

I'll be fixing the other sheets later today

EDIT:

Francis Battle
[MUS]

Targitzan
[MUS]

I guess I'm so fast XD

DonValentino

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 19, 2011, 11:33:59 AMOh! And don't forget the copyright and the complete title: "Targitzan, the Despotic Dizzy Totem God" :)