Bloop's Arrangements: More Random Stuff, also Mario Kart

Started by Bloop, May 30, 2010, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Story Begins - Left hand needs a bit of fixing up
Caverns - That's just really difficult to hear what's going on.
Jungle - Left hand is wrong, right hand is wrong too - take look at the one on the site, it's pretty close
Finale - Time signature should be 12/8 and some of the chords need improving (The Grande Finale in the Medley that is currently on the site is correct - I did that bit)

I'd go and fix it up myself but I'm feeling a little sick at the moment and blocked sinuses make it hard to hear things properly :(. But I can probably go through it next weekend or whenever I feel better.

Also, have you discovered the "Attach new text to measure" option? It's under the Text menu that appears when you click the 'A' tool. It attaches the next lot of text you create to a measure instead of the page (the writing also appears red!). That way, when stuff gets moved around, the text moves with the measure.

Treeckodude

Can you point out the problems with the one on the site? Like DekuTrombonist said, it has some parts that are pretty close, however some parts in yours sound better in places, and comparing it to yours could make a perfect arrangement with next to no mistakes.

Bloop

UNFAIR! my Ooccoo's theme and temple of time are deleted for one of other reason! I replace them with the site version.

Bloop

Well, is Mimi's theme good or not? Or is it that bad so everyone is afraid to post something?

SlowPokemon

Oops, I missed it! Post in the thread when you upload something new!

You did a pretty good job (at least it sounds good; haven't seen the MUS yet)

Also, I have no idea what game that is from.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 26, 2010, 08:06:02 AMOops, I missed it! Post in the thread when you upload something new!

You did a pretty good job (at least it sounds good; haven't seen the MUS yet)

Also, I have no idea what game that is from.
You know the name of the game is above the mus etc thingies? and i thought i posted, i just missed that :p

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Korados

Wonderful so far, but I think the tremolo at the beginning is a bit fast, so you should split that on both hands like in a toccata! ;)

Bloop

Quote from: Korados on December 26, 2010, 08:37:25 AMWonderful so far, but I think the tremolo at the beginning is a bit fast, so you should split that on both hands like in a toccata! ;)
...what's a toccata?...

Bloop

Korados

Quote from: Bloop on December 26, 2010, 12:45:11 PM...what's a toccata?...

;D A toccata is a 19th century dance for piano, where fast repetitive notes are divised in both hands, so that a player can play repetitive notes very fast (one 16th for the left hand, one for the right hand and so on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idfdk5nPs-s That's by the way one of my favourite toccatas! ;)

Arrange the tremolo in Mimi's theme like this, it would be pretty exhausting, if the player plays the repetitive notes just with one hand.

Concerning Floro Caverns: The first 5 measures are in Db Major, not minor, you can hear a Db Major chord in the first measure. From m. 6, it's f# minor, from 17-34 c# minor and from 35 to the end it's f# minor. You can keep the minor keys as Major keys, just say Finale to enharmonically switch the notes. Further you just can use the ped. articulation mark instead of the expression ped., it's easier to understand, imo. Afterwards, it should be great!

Bloop

Quote from: Korados on December 27, 2010, 07:13:13 AM;D A toccata is a 19th century dance for piano, where fast repetitive notes are divised in both hands, so that a player can play repetitive notes very fast (one 16th for the left hand, one for the right hand and so on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idfdk5nPs-s That's by the way one of my favourite toccatas! ;)

Arrange the tremolo in Mimi's theme like this, it would be pretty exhausting, if the player plays the repetitive notes just with one hand.

Concerning Floro Caverns: The first 5 measures are in Db Major, not minor, you can hear a Db Major chord in the first measure. From m. 6, it's f# minor, from 17-34 c# minor and from 35 to the end it's f# minor. You can keep the minor keys as Major keys, just say Finale to enharmonically switch the notes. Further you just can use the ped. articulation mark instead of the expression ped., it's easier to understand, imo. Afterwards, it should be great!
toccata: Ah ok, I will change all... if I know how to make a toccata XD

Bloop

like this? (floro caverns)
And I think I'm not that good in toccata's XD

Korados

Quote from: Bloop on December 28, 2010, 12:12:38 AMlike this? (floro caverns)
And I think I'm not that good in toccata's XD

So far, so good, but in floro caverns you got now many e#'s and b#'s. Switch them to f and c naturals, respectively.

Just try to insert the tremolo in the MUS and upload it, please. I'll have a look on it! ;)

Bloop

Quote from: Korados on December 28, 2010, 02:06:34 AMSo far, so good, but in floro caverns you got now many e#'s and b#'s. Switch them to f and c naturals, respectively.

Just try to insert the tremolo in the MUS and upload it, please. I'll have a look on it! ;)
I didn't changed any in the beginpost, so you can download it there :p

EDIT: I changed the B#'s and E#'s! http://www.mediafire.com/?dv7ird7pu7f33z0