News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG VII: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, June 19, 2010, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

Everyone is open to host. Post your game, and we can vote on which game to play. The games must follow the following format as my example game below. If wanted, I will host the example game below.

Invader Zim

Log: #375829

To all that may see these logs. My name is Dib. I am part of a secret organization known as the Swollen Eyeball. I have heard a rumor of an Irken invader sent to take over the planet. My resources say that this rumor is true, and that the Irken invader is living close to me. From this point on, I will be having logs as often as new information comes in. I have a suspicion that the new student nam-- GAZ, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I'M TRYING TO SAVE THE EARTH FROM IMMINENT DESTRUCTION! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS NEED TO PLAY ON THE COMPUTER WHIL--

End Log

1. Wolf (Zim)
2. Wolf (Gir)
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

Let the Host Signups commence.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

MaestroUGC

Invader Zim? Fuck yeah! I have no intention on being a host, but this may be the greatest game ever.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Haha, I've got one; but I'll type it on monday.

Cobraroll

Am I allowed to retry?

We're in the People's Happy Nation of Brutopia, or the Brutopian Republic if you want. The government controls just about everything in here, and the military is tightly tied into all governmental affairs. There are rumours of large hidden research plants, people regulary vanish from the streets of the capital at night. If you as much as hint of dissatification in a whisper, the Army will be on your doorstep the next morning, and you'll never be seen again. Tanks from the Brutopian army regularly patrol the streets, the police have daily razzias looking for telephones, radio antennas, satelite dishes and even trained pidgeons. Large propaganda posters hang everywhere in the capital, and the Governmental Revolutionary Union of Everything, the state secret service, have agents everywhere. You can't be safe in Brutopia, anything you say can and will be used against you one day. You can't hide from big brother Brutopia. The mighty generals rule the country with their iron fists, and the neighbour countries cringe every time the generals raise their voices. The situation would have been hopeless for the citizens, hadn't it been for one small group of rebels. The League Of Liberty are professional food smugglers, and basically the only reason why the capital isn't ravaged by a famine at this point. The location of the LOL headquarters is a closely guarded secret. However, it might not stay secret much longer...

"Recruits, I've gathered you all here tonight", El Gorilla's voice echoed in the main hall of the HQ. The room had once been the main hall of a large state controlled factory, but after a fatal accident many years ago, the factory was shut down. The official reports stated there had been a steam explosion in a boiler, shaking the structure to the brink of collapse. However, on the streets everybody knew that there had been a lot of radioactive stuff involved too, and nobody dared go near the factory, not even the government officials tasked to guard the place. As a result, the place was empty enough that the LOL could live comfortably and sheltered in the old buildings. The radiation was their idea as well, actually the government reports told the truth for once.
"I bring bad news", El Gorilla said to the new LOL recruits. He was standing on top of a rusty machine, speaking to a group of approximately a dozen men and women who were sitting on some crates scattered around the machine. "We've been infiltrated", he continued. "I know from sources within the government that GRUE agents have infiltrated these premises. Yes, I say to you, some of our enemies are sitting in this room right here, right now"
The recruits looked at each other nervously. Nobody said a word. They had only been here for a few days, for training, and hadn't got to know each other very well yet. Nobody knew anything about the person sitting next to them. Not even names, just the assigned codenames they had to use at all times. El Gorilla took a pause. He was a short man, looking a little overweight, as if he had eaten more than his share of the food the LOL smuggled into the country. In reality, the bulk came from the bulletproof vest he always wore under his camouflage shirt. It had saved his life on a two-digit number of ocassions. The veteran LOLs were all out on different missions around the country, it was only him and the greenies here now.
"You were all througly ransacked when you first came to this place", El Gorilla continued. "We know for sure that none of you have any weapons, nor can you communicate with the outside world". This was partially true. One of the new recruits was a skilled hacker, and had been given access to a PC after he had proven his skills to El Gorilla, who was an adept hacker himself. However, El Gorilla wanted to keep his identity a secret. "So until we know the identity of the infiltrators, none of you can leave this factory"
"What if we try?", a young man said. "There are lots of exits, and all your veterans are away on missions abroad. You can't keep us in here by yourself"
"True", El Gorilla replied. "But the electric fence gives me the upper hand anyway"
The recruits were shocked.
"In a week or so, the others will come back. Until then, this place is isolated. Nobody enters, nobody leaves. I'm going to lock myself into the control room, and stay there until the veterans return. In the meantime, we have to find the GRUE agents. And after much pondering, I've decided to go for the elimination method"
"What does that mean?"
"We'll have to kill one of you each day. The GRUE agents have transmitter chips implanted in their bodies, telling their location and physical condition to the government computers. I've hacked away the first function, so the government people can only see whether they're alive or not. And I regularly monitor the government systems, so when they know, I know. When their systems say the "Find LOL" mission is terminated, I'll turn off the fence"
The atmosphere in the room was very uneasy now. El Gorilla wasn't known for being a mercyful person.
"Why don't you just kill us all right now?", a man on the back row asked.
"Because the GRUE agents are dangerous. If I kill you at random, and suddenly, there are more bad guys alive than good guys, the bad guys can defeat us. The GRUE people are extremely skilled in close combat. Once they are more numerous than you, they will strike. They can even break into the control room once they've picked you all off. So for now, I'll let you take the decision. I can control the ventilation system from the control room. Just write down a name on a piece of paper and stick it in a nearby air vent, and it will eventually flutter into the control room. I'll find a way to kill off the person with the most votes against him/herself. However, don't expect the GRUE to sit on the fence and watch the situation unfold. They will likely attack you as well, so watch your back"
"So how do you expect to get back to the control room alive?", somebody asked. "If the GRUES are as dangerous as you-"
"See that canister?", El Gorilla interrupted. "Its content won't kill you, I promise"
Everybody turned their heads and peered into the darkness. El Gorilla quickly draw his gun, and fired a single shot in the direction everyone was looking. There was a loud bang, and a shockwave flung the recruits in every direction. In half a second, the room was filled with sleeping gas. El Gorilla took a last glance at the knocked-out new recruits through the goggles of his gas mask.
"Good luck", he whispered, then ran for the control room.

ROLES:
 - El Gorilla (the game host)
 - The hacker (seer) - A trusted recruit who is given a computer so he can look up government profiles of GRUE agents (not even El Gorilla can breach that level of security code). The Internet connection is somewhat slow, and he has limited time, so he can only do one search every night. Will reveal the colour of a player if requested.
 - The Guardian This guy is a child of a daughter of El Gorilla's elementary school Math teacher's second-favourite hair dresser, so this is a person to be trusted. El Gorilla decides to give the recruit a walkie-talkie, so this person can help preventing him from killing the wrong person.
 - Agent Krampos - An agent who is not in the government database. Will be seered as green
 - Maverick (Vigi) - A LOL recruit with extensive close combat training. Is somewhat of a loose cannon and decides to clear things up himself. May kill one player of his choice every night.
 - X number of regular LOLs
 - Y number of regular GRUEs

As for the items:

Padlock - a random padlock found by one of the recruits that evening. With a key and all. This person can lock himself in every night, to avoid being killed by the GRUE agents. However, as padlocks go, this one is a little rusty, so it will only protect a person twice, then break on the third try. Will not protect against El Gorilla (or a lynching, if you want, since El Gorilla only will kill when voted to do so).

Radio - A radio with very, very faint batteries is lying in one of the bedrooms. The recruits select bedrooms at random, so this item may be given to a LOL or a GRUE. It can be used to call for a paradrop, where a replacement for a chosen dead player will be sent into the factory. After one use, however, its batteries fail. The same rules will apply for this object as Nakah's Apollo's Bow.

I guess it's still not very good, and I'd need some assistance with the hosting. Though, I have plenty of ideas for stories for this game, so count on me when it comes to writing.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

TheLegend

Quote from: master_gamer38 on June 19, 2010, 10:40:13 PM1. Wolf (Zim)
2. Wolf (Gir)
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

Let the Host Signups commence.
no guardian, no seer, no vigi?

SuperFireKirby

For the Invader Zim one, I would make Dib vigi and Gaz guardian. Just a thought.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

HugoMeister

Its a manhunt, no special roles.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

TheLegend

anyone here like metroid?  I'm gonna post one later...

master_gamer38

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 20, 2010, 08:05:21 AMFor the Invader Zim one, I would make Dib vigi and Gaz guardian. Just a thought.

I thought about this, but actually Dib was the guardian, because he never does anything. And Gaz was the Vigi, because she's always all like revenge and stuff. But, instead of having special roles, it will be more of a manhunt. Instead of using special powers and proven alliances. You need to have a gut instinct and actually work to win the game against the wolves. For the wolves, you just have to be human and go for it. I've usually only seen it with one wolf, but I decided to put two wolves in because it would fit better with the theme and because I think it makes it a little more balanced between the teams.

TheLegend

Samus opened the door, and everyone cringed. 

Inside, was a round table in a huge huge empty room, with twelve people in black suits with various assortments of guns strapped to their waist and back.  The people were wearing helmets with a wide greenish-yellow visor, and they were all waiting for this important meeting. 

Samus raised her left arm, and out of the cylindrical gun shot out blue energy, which materialized into a barrier of some sort.  Then, she used her right hand to click a button on her gun.  Suddenly, the whole room turned white, sort of.  She was very intimidating, with her usual red-orange and yellow suit, huge shouldiers, gun, and green visor. 

Suddenly, her visor flipped up, revealed the real Samus, beautiful, but still had a sense of authority and power.  The whole table suddenly revolted, stood up, and pointed their guns at her.  Samus pressed another button, and a buzzing sound right above them turned out to be a magnet, which stole all their guns. 

“I have come here tonight because two of you have done something terribly wrong, very terrible indeed.  Have you noticed that a member of us dies every day?  We used to have twenty people, all to defeat the evil, but now evil has leaked into us, and is contaminating us, destroying us one by one.  Every day we must kill who we think are the traitors, the people who let in the evil.  Every day they will kill someone until we lose, or until we kill them.  As you can see, you cannot escape from this room without suffocating and being electrocuted.  So be it.”  And with that, Samus shot a huge beam of electrical energy and blasted off the wall, revealing the terrors within.  She bravely stepped out, and destroyed everything in her way.

You can tell that I got this partially from Metroid Prime, partially from Halo… if you know what I mean.   But here are the things...

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Guardian
4. Seer
5. Wolfy Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Wolfy Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

A Wolfy Human is a human that is seered as red, but not a wolf. 

Items

Samus's Suit - This item will prevent you from being wolfed, but not lynched.  It cannot be traded, and will always be in the hands of a Human or Wolfy Human.

Pocketknife - This item will allow you to lynch/wolf one extra person in its respective phase.  It may only be used once, and may be traded.  It starts in the hands of a Wolfy Human

Gravity Hammer - This item will tell you who the wolves were going to wolf and will prevent the wolves from wolfing that person for that phase.  This may be used in the night phase.  It always starts in the hands of a Human and may be traded.

Bullet-proof Vest Prevents from being lynched.  May only be used once, and starts in the hands of the humans.  May be traded.  Once it gets traded to the wolves, the wolves win.

universe-X

If you can make a storyline for the Invader Zim one, I'd be more than happy to join.

master_gamer38

U-X, that is the storyline. It's going to be Dib's logs, telling the story. It doesn't always have to be like a narrative. Creativity.

jake3343

Out of Cobraroll's, TheLegend's, and MG's, I like MG's. Manhunts are fun. TheLegend's game seems to give the humans an advantage.

universe-X

Quote from: master_gamer38 on June 20, 2010, 10:15:42 AMU-X, that is the storyline. It's going to be Dib's logs, telling the story. It doesn't always have to be like a narrative. Creativity.
Awesome. Then yours takes the cake.

TheLegend

Quote from: TheLegend on June 20, 2010, 09:27:44 AMSamus opened the door, and everyone cringed.  

Inside, was a round table in a huge huge empty room, with twelve people in black suits with various assortments of guns strapped to their waist and back.  The people were wearing helmets with a wide greenish-yellow visor, and they were all waiting for this important meeting.  

Samus raised her left arm, and out of the cylindrical gun shot out blue energy, which materialized into a barrier of some sort.  Then, she used her right hand to click a button on her gun.  Suddenly, the whole room turned white, sort of.  She was very intimidating, with her usual red-orange and yellow suit, huge shouldiers, gun, and green visor.  

Suddenly, her visor flipped up, revealed the real Samus, beautiful, but still had a sense of authority and power.  The whole table suddenly revolted, stood up, and pointed their guns at her.  Samus pressed another button, and a buzzing sound right above them turned out to be a magnet, which stole all their guns.  

“I have come here tonight because two of you have done something terribly wrong, very terrible indeed.  Have you noticed that a member of us dies every day?  We used to have twenty people, all to defeat the evil, but now evil has leaked into us, and is contaminating us, destroying us one by one.  Every day we must kill who we think are the traitors, the people who let in the evil.  Every day they will kill someone until we lose, or until we kill them.  As you can see, you cannot escape from this room without suffocating and being electrocuted.  So be it.”  And with that, Samus shot a huge beam of electrical energy and blasted off the wall, revealing the terrors within.  She bravely stepped out, and destroyed everything in her way.

You can tell that I got this partially from Metroid Prime, partially from Halo… if you know what I mean.   But here are the things...

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Guardian
4. Seer
5. Wolfy Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Wolfy Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human

A Wolfy Human is a human that is seered as red, but not a wolf.  

Items

Samus's Suit - This item will prevent you from being wolfed, but not lynched.  It cannot be traded, and will always be in the hands of a Human or Wolfy Human.

Pocketknife - This item will allow you to lynch/wolf one extra person in its respective phase.  It may only be used once, and may be traded.  It starts in the hands of a Wolfy Human.  

that better?  then the humans don't have an advantage.  but the wolfy humans were supposed to counteract and give wolves advantage...