News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurquoiseStar17

I don't know who this "Mashi" is, but thank you :)

JDMEK5

There's so many things I didn't do when I joined that I really should've.. This is one of them.

And welcome Turquoise!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

abandon hope all ye who enter

MaestroUGC

Looks like somebody just discovered Dante.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Indubitably Sir

My name is Indubitably Sir, because indubitably is a frivolous word!
Indubitably!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Indubitably Sir on April 01, 2013, 01:50:00 PMMy name is Indubitably Sir, because indubitably is a frivolous word!
Indubitably!

Eh, white backgrounds...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

mashi get over here and show this frivolous man who's the frivolousiest of them all

SlowPokemon

....it's an april fools fsm XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

lol I got that as soon as I saw the word "frivolous"

AerialSnack

Hello everyone! I just joined this (what must be, all vgm musicians are amazing) amazing community! I have been using Ninsheetmusic for what must be about a year now, and I never even realised there was a forum! I am glad to be able to join with other people who enjoy the wonders of video game music like me! :D

I remember I first came to this site about ... 3 or 4 years ago? When I was a little  6th grader. I wanted to learn more music to play on the violin, so I figured I would learn video games music, since I listen to it all the time. I discovered this site, and thought it was amazing, though I couldn't play any of the music (excluding Zelda's Lullaby) because well... I was a 6th grader, I sucked XD

Then, near the beginning of this year, I decided I would make a youtube channel so I could freely store videos of me playing (I now play Cello!) and see how I improve over the years. I rediscovered this site after looking up video game music (because it is so awesome) and decided that I want most of my music to come from here. Just today I discovered the forums, so I naturally joined!

I can't wait to start getting involved with this community! And I would appreciate if someone could tell/teach me how you guys are able to write the music that is in this site (there must be some sort of trick, eh?). I hope soon I will be able to contribute once I gain some more experience in music! I will see you guys around the forums!

EDIT: Thanks, must have missed this thread!

Waddle Bro

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll like it here. =J

(Btw, there's an introduction topic for n00bs, that I'm sure you missed. There was no need for a separate topic.)

Kman96

Props to the moderator for that one xDDD
Party Hard!
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: AerialSnack on May 11, 2013, 12:11:42 PMAnd I would appreciate if someone could tell/teach me how you guys are able to write the music that is in this site (there must be some sort of trick, eh?).
I shall guide you through the process. In a nutshell anyways.

Step 1 - Download Finale Notepad.
Step 1.5 - If you have tons of money you don't know what to do with, I'd recommend getting a better version though. (PrintMusic is pretty reasonably priced and gives you just about everything you'll need) Of course, if you need it all (like me :P) you can get the program known as Finale.
Step 2 - Pick a song to arrange. It has to be one you like; one you're not gonna get sick of after a while.
Step 3 - See if you can locate a MIDI file of said song. There's a thread to sites where you can find a lot of MIDIs. If you can't find one, you'll have to go completely by ear. Tough luck.
Step 4 (if you have a MIDI) - Take parts of the MIDI such as melody, bass, and a little background (usually) together into a beautiful looking piano sheet. (What a beautiful looking piano sheet looks like)
Step 4 (if you couldn't find a MIDI) - Use your instrument of choice and figure out the melody, bass, and possibly a little background and put them together into a beautiful looking piano sheet. (Again, what a beautiful looking piano sheet looks like)
Step 5 - Make yourself an arrangement thread to dump all your arrangements for all eternity into. (This thread should go under the "Submissions" board)
Step 6 - Take your new masterpiece into whatever submissions topic is currently in use. (That would be this one)
Step 7 - Do it all over again with a different song.

Extra note: I'm exceptionally good at getting my hands on MIDIs for DS. If you are having trouble finding one, ring me up with a PM or whatever. (This offer is extended to everyone)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

YES SOMEONE I CAN TALK ABOUT FINAL FANTASY TO.

Onionleaf

*glances around* This looks like the best place for me to start at.
Thought I'd stop by and say a cheerful "Hello!" How awesome is it to find a forum community that combines music and video games together?  ;D I only found out about this site just last month, and have been lurking around the forums for the past week or so.

What brought me here? The Golden Sun arrangements, actually. I've been a fan of the game series for years now, and very much enjoyed listening to the soundtrack. I was surprised by how many arrangements have already been submitted, and would be increasingly happy if I was able to contribute to it, at least a smidge. ;)

My musical knowledge only goes as far as allowing me to pass the Grade 8 Piano exam.. plenty of space for improvement. I only recently found out that I am actually able to arrange pieces, and when you already have a MIDI to work with, it is a breeze!

So, yes.. this looks like a fun place to be at. :) Hope to stay here for a while and get a sense of what this place is like.