News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

wow you people are mean

I think you'd make a super mature mod brainy.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Waddle Bro

I could care less about this dumb shit whether or not brainy should be a mod or about his level of maturity,

Quote from: Dudeman on April 16, 2016, 04:56:25 PMThat's less a sign of maturity and more a sign that you don't handle consequences well. If anything, I think you just made your case worse.
Quote from: braixen1264 on April 16, 2016, 07:27:34 PMyou chose the wrong example to prove your point, friend
but you two are unfairly ganging up on him over the clearly questionable ban decision over his sibling using an account(suspecting an alt), by which logic a lot of dedicated members should have been banned. For example sebastian was in the exact same situation back when the mlf/wariopiano alt drama went down.
I'd be pretty fucking upset too if I got banned for shit I didn't do and the fact that you can't know for sure whether or not it really was his sibling, doesn't give you a higher ground on this to judge his maturity. He expresses his love for the community, so the least you could do is show is understanding why he feels that way and try to explain where you yourself are coming from. Just calling someone outright immature is not only completely unnecessary but only helps keeping up any possible spite-like feelings he has for you.

This hostile environment where people including two of the forum moderators are attacking people on their immaturity(on the fucking introduction thread of all places) achieves nothing but turn new members away from posting here and joining this community. Like fuck, get a grip everybody.

FireArrow

Lol we should just rename this thread because it hasn't been serving its purpose for quite awhile.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: FireArrow on April 17, 2016, 01:22:51 AMwow you people are mean

I think you'd make a super mature mod brainy.
heh, thanks FireArrow
Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 17, 2016, 02:30:39 AMJust calling someone outright immature is not only completely unnecessary but only helps keeping up any possible spite-like feelings he has for you.
I really don't have any spite-like feelings towards anyone on this site. I don't like to stay mad at people. I still don't really know why this needed to be a discussion in the first place.....
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Waddle Bro

^Yeah I believe you but the point was that ignorantly accusing someone of being immature doesn't resolve anything, which I'm sure you can agree with

FireArrow

As dumb as this discussion is, half the forum was bullying you and instead of lashing back you turned the other cheek and even talking about how much you love it here. I think that speaks volumes about your "maturity." I should bring this to the pet peeve thread because I hate that word

but i know it was secretly an act to trick people into thinking you were level headed

BrainyLucario

Quote from: FireArrow on April 17, 2016, 03:16:37 AMAs dumb as this discussion is, half the forum was bullying you and instead of lashing back you turned the other cheek and even talking about how much you love it here. I think that speaks volumes about your "maturity." I should bring this to the pet peeve thread because I hate that word

but i know it was secretly an act to trick people into thinking you were level headed
Sure....let's go with that..

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Tbh Brainy I think you'd be a decent mod, but IMO mods should be members that have been here a while, so that they know the community, the general way things go, what administrative decisions upset/anger people and what decisions help them, etc. For this reason I don't think I would be the best person to be a mod; I've only been here a little over a year (made an account in 2014, but didn't post until Feb. of 2015) and I'm still learning stuff about the community all the time.
In a year or two I think you'd be an excellent fit, but right now you're still somewhat new to NSM so that's my only gripe.
what is shitpost

Dude

i've been here since 2006-ish does that make me a good candidate for mod

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Nah, you're fair and treat people equally. You'd be horrible at it.

(jk mods ily)

In all seriousness, length of time being here IMO is only a requirement, not a bonus. IE: Someone could be here since the site was founded, but be a terrible mod. Conversely, someone could be here for a couple years and be a great one.
However, I don't think people who have less than a year and a half or two years of time being here are good picks.
what is shitpost

braix

Mb, didn't think I was doing any bullying or something. I figured he wouldn't take any offense since I consider us to be friends. I'll be more careful.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 17, 2016, 03:50:17 PMMb, didn't think I was doing any bullying or something. I figured he wouldn't take any offense since I consider us to be friends. I'll be more careful.
I really didn't feel like you were bullying me Braix.

E. Gadd Industries

*attempts to rerail*
Hi, I'm Paul, and I like pie. :|D
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 18, 2016, 07:03:34 AM*attempts to rerail*
Hi, I'm Paul, and I like pie. :|D
Everything I know is a lie......

cashwarrior1

Let's welcome the newest member to the forum, Mr. Guest!