News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDucky

Fun fact: 
On 9/11/01 I was drugged in a hospital singing "twinkle twinkle litte doctor".     

ulrira35

Hey guys! ulrira35 here with an introduction. Where to start?

I've been following NSM for quite a while. It wasn't until I met a certain staffer in-person (and quite coincidentally) when the site happened to pop up in conversation, that I decided to join the forums and start contributing. Selfish, no? Even then, it was about a year before I actually joined. I'm a trombonist and student of music composition, and a GREAT appreciator of music theory, so before I say anything else, if you've ever got a theory question I can answer, I will gladly take a shot, and maybe even spend hours and hours of time doing in-depth research as a result  ;)

When I say I've been an NSM follower (or leech) for a while, I mean six or seven years. I was there for the domain crisis, screaming inwardly and not knowing what to do with myself without some Zelda music to play. In fact, I credit NSM with causing me to pursue music education. How?

love of Zelda -> love of music -> desire to play Zelda music -> not being able to play Zelda music without a keyboard -> getting a keyboard -> finding the sheet music -> finding NSM -->> NSM perpetuated my continued interest in music, generally.

And without all that keyboard experience, I'd've had a much tougher time in my first year of college playing the piano, and writing music for that matter. 

And that completes the "why I'm here" section of the introduction. Nice to meet you! Don't be shy in sending me PM's just to chat or for specific requests for arrangements or transcriptions (but on second thought, those are probably better posted to the forum). My game base includes a lot of N64, GB and GC games, but if I don't have the music, it really isn't that hard to find a track online and dictate it.

Aside from Nintendo music and games of all sorts, my interests include:
  • Lingustic study. I speak elementary Japanese, and I'm starting to learn ASL. I've also got a rooted interest in constructed languages of all sorts.
  • Outdoorsmanship. I'm an Eagle Scout, and in my adventures with my troop, I've done A LOT of backpacking, and really all manner of outdoor activities. Marksmanship, archery, water sports. Heck, I even own the Ashley Book of Knots.
  • Anime. I've watched as much anime on Netflix as I can. I tend to stay away from big series shows and gravitate towards the 30-episode sort of production. I've probably seen everything with a wolf in it.
  • Michigan, 'cause that's where I'm from.
  • And everything else I forgot!

There you have it. I, ulrira35, do solemnly swear to post as many arrangements on NinSheetMusic as I possibly can, as soon as I can.

Once again, it's great to come out of the shadows and officially join the forums! Ciao for now.

Maelstrom

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too, so you're not alone, but I only found out about this site 2 years ago. As for arrangements, anything is welcome! There are quite a few Zelda sheets that need replacement, but anything new is awesome as well. And, you probably know this, but notepad sucks.  :( If you can afford it, get finale, but anything from 2009 should have nearly the same features as something new. And a new regular forum poster is always welcome.  :)

ulrira35

Thanks!

I'm actually going to wait to post arrangements until I've got full fledged finale 2014, which I'll have by mid June. Until then I'll just doctor some things.

By the way, I forgot to mention: I'm a logophile and miscellaneous instrument enthusiast. Yes, I can play several jobs of ocarina! But I'd suppose that's less of a rarity here than elsewhere on the 'net.

McDucky

Awesome :D
Linguistics ist très 興味深い

Maelstrom

I've been stuck with notepad so far, but in the next week or two, I'll buy '11 from my neighbor. I just need one more paycheck..... Can't let the bank account go empty.  :(

And on the fixing of sheets: there's a lot that need it. I know a few if you need any
Spoiler
Hidden Village, Ganondorf (wind waker), and basically every kirby song not done by deku trombonist.
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: ulrira35 on May 20, 2014, 12:20:00 PMHey guys! ulrira35 here with an introduction. Where to start?

I've been following NSM for quite a while. It wasn't until I met a certain staffer in-person (and quite coincidentally) when the site happened to pop up in conversation, that I decided to join the forums and start contributing. Selfish, no? Even then, it was about a year before I actually joined. I'm a trombonist and student of music composition, and a GREAT appreciator of music theory, so before I say anything else, if you've ever got a theory question I can answer, I will gladly take a shot, and maybe even spend hours and hours of time doing in-depth research as a result  ;)

When I say I've been an NSM follower (or leech) for a while, I mean six or seven years. I was there for the domain crisis, screaming inwardly and not knowing what to do with myself without some Zelda music to play. In fact, I credit NSM with causing me to pursue music education. How?

love of Zelda -> love of music -> desire to play Zelda music -> not being able to play Zelda music without a keyboard -> getting a keyboard -> finding the sheet music -> finding NSM -->> NSM perpetuated my continued interest in music, generally.

And without all that keyboard experience, I'd've had a much tougher time in my first year of college playing the piano, and writing music for that matter. 

And that completes the "why I'm here" section of the introduction. Nice to meet you! Don't be shy in sending me PM's just to chat or for specific requests for arrangements or transcriptions (but on second thought, those are probably better posted to the forum). My game base includes a lot of N64, GB and GC games, but if I don't have the music, it really isn't that hard to find a track online and dictate it.

Aside from Nintendo music and games of all sorts, my interests include:
  • Lingustic study. I speak elementary Japanese, and I'm starting to learn ASL. I've also got a rooted interest in constructed languages of all sorts.
  • Outdoorsmanship. I'm an Eagle Scout, and in my adventures with my troop, I've done A LOT of backpacking, and really all manner of outdoor activities. Marksmanship, archery, water sports. Heck, I even own the Ashley Book of Knots.
  • Anime. I've watched as much anime on Netflix as I can. I tend to stay away from big series shows and gravitate towards the 30-episode sort of production. I've probably seen everything with a wolf in it.
  • Michigan, 'cause that's where I'm from.
  • And everything else I forgot!

There you have it. I, ulrira35, do solemnly swear to post as many arrangements on NinSheetMusic as I possibly can, as soon as I can.

Once again, it's great to come out of the shadows and officially join the forums! Ciao for now.
Welcome :)
Always great to have a new arranger :)

Olimar12345

Nice introduction there, Ulrira! Glad to have you around. :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

I actually read that whole introduction post. I never do that.
What is the world coming toooo

Anyhow welcome.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

Welcome to NSM, ulrira35.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Quote from: ulrira35 on May 20, 2014, 12:20:00 PMI'm a trombonist and student of music composition, and a GREAT appreciator of music theory, so before I say anything else, if you've ever got a theory question I can answer, I will gladly take a shot, and maybe even spend hours and hours of time doing in-depth research as a result  ;)
Another theory nerd. Let us collabourate! ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

InfinitySoul

Hello everyone! My name is InfinitySoul but you can just call me Soul. Im a big fan of anime, as you can see from my profile picture/signature. When Im not watching anime, im usually playing video games. I like all kinds of video games such as Zelda, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem, and many more! I also like Visual Novels like Infinity series, Zero Escape Series, Ace Attorney Series, Danganronpa, and also if you want to count Persona as a VN then that too! I hope to get to know all of you. Sorry if this post sucks, im bad at introductions  :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: InfinitySoul on July 10, 2014, 01:17:05 AMHello everyone! My name is InfinitySoul but you can just call me Soul. Im a big fan of anime, as you can see from my profile picture/signature. When Im not watching anime, im usually playing video games. I like all kinds of video games such as Zelda, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem, and many more! I also like Visual Novels like Infinity series, Zero Escape Series, Ace Attorney Series, Danganronpa, and also if you want to count Persona as a VN then that too! I hope to get to know all of you. Sorry if this post sucks, im bad at introductions  :P

WE WILL GET ALONG JUST FINE. I love Danganronpa, Zero Escape, Ace Attorney, and Persona 4 Golden (the only game in that series I've played). If you had listed Professor Layton too I might have to kiss you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.