News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

i mean hey he cant build a wall

less damaging on nsm than in the presidency

Bubbles

I think the difference is there's multiple mods, so asking to join is like asking to be added to a list instead of filling a needed role. Asking for a position is fine if the position is actually open

@dude fa and Olimar: youre too nice (*/▽\*)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on April 15, 2016, 07:19:54 PMIf this is a job, where does being qualified come in...?
I don't think anybody has said that we should just appoint everybody who wants to be a mod simply because they ask (and certainly not people who only want to be a mod for the "prestige").
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles on April 15, 2016, 06:13:47 PMMy memory is next to nonexistent recently but I think shado told me I could take over when he left and I just passed along the message to Jamaha

Or you could all just believe Jamaha recognized me with his infallible judgement for my A+ janitorial abilities
A sage once foretold that the chosen one would arrive and purify the request board and be a bad enough dude to save the president. Bubbles is that chosen one.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

mikey

shado knocked it out of the park.  Bubbles is the baddest dude around.

As for the mod thing I don't want to be a mod and I wouldn't be good at it, but my gut would be the best mod NA
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bubbles on April 15, 2016, 07:42:57 PMI think the difference is there's multiple mods, so asking to join is like asking to be added to a list instead of filling a needed role. Asking for a position is fine if the position is actually open

@dude fa and Olimar: youre too nice (*/▽\*)
I might PM Jamaha, then. Just to see if a position is actually open. If there is, I'm going to make sure the position is something I can realistically do and that I'm prepare for the responsibility. I'm not going to be a Code Monkey just so I can have a staff position. After all, I can't even code.

and I want to remind everyone that I want a staff position so I can help NSM more than what I currently can, not for the "prestige".
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

It's not like I'm gonna spam Jamaha and beg him to be a staff member. I'll have you know that I really am taking this seriously. Remember when I was banned for a week? I was devastated by that ban, and the skype messages I sent when I was banned are proof of that. NSM means so much to me that I couldn't stand being away from it for even a week.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 16, 2016, 04:50:53 PMRemember when I was banned for a week? I was devastated by that ban, and the skype messages I sent when I was banned are proof of that. NSM means so much to me that I couldn't stand being away from it for even a week.
That's less a sign of maturity and more a sign that you don't handle consequences well. If anything, I think you just made your case worse.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

look man you're really young.  I don't think someone so young should be up there in a chain of command
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 16, 2016, 05:02:53 PMlook man you're really young.  I don't think someone so young should be up there in a chain of command

He's older than braixen (assuming that he didn't lie about his age, that is.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 16, 2016, 05:02:53 PMlook man you're really young.  I don't think someone so young should be up there in a chain of command
Age isn't the only factor I would critique. Your timing wasn't the best either. With the fact that Dudeman and Braix were made mods at the beginning of the year, even the perfect candidate for the mod role most likely wouldn't be accepted. Jamaha probably isn't even close to considering adding any more staff members for a while. Then again, I'm not in his mind.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

sorry, the word I was looking for must have been immature, I'm kind of an expert on it

pretty sure the staff is gonna be undergoing some changes pretty soon, I don't think you can argue that
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department