News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Playability help! Buuuuuu..

Started by tikito, June 30, 2010, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tikito

Errr, I don't know how to start this...

I love this website! So I thought I'd try and arrange something for it, but you see, I don't play piano T____T
(I actually only play saxophone and bassoon  :P) Buuuut buuuuut, yeah.
I made an arrangement of Eclipse of Time from Lost Oddysey by ear (I'm still not finished though!) but I have noooooo idea if it's playable, so I just stuck all the notes in there!

this is to much to ask for, but how do I make it playable?!?!?!
http://www.mediafire.com/?aemdjgnel5m

Messy arrangment is messy.
Hope this works...

universe-X

Sounds pretty good, but I haven't heard the original yet :P Is this your first time using Finale?

The only part that doesn't seem playable is the left hand in measure 13. Those top notes (F#) can be moved an octave up into the right hand. Also, for any layer 2 eighth-notes (red notes) put those with whatever's playing in the right hand. They're an octave apart anyway. :P

tikito

Ah! Okay, will do! Thanks!
And I've used finale to read music and mess around with, but this is the first time I've actually done something with it  :-\

So pretty much put any layer 2 notes that are on the ledger lines put them in the right hand??

universe-X

yeah, but don't put them in layer 2 in right hand :P Put them as a chord. (I'll fix it for you later if you want)

tikito

If you put them in the chord... will it still sound the same?? And if I can't get this myself I wouldn't mind a bit of help ^^"

universe-X

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwymwtyngt2

Here :P Compare this to what you have. It should still sound the same. What I see is that you don't know which notes sound the same from bass to clef ;)

tikito

Ahhh!! Okay! Cool! I get what you're saying  :P

I was unsure whether or not you could keep notes that high (like in measure three) in the bass clef on piano..
That happens a lot with bassoon, but a lot of times it switches to alto clef  :-\

So in piano bass clef notes can extend above the ledger lines if necessary?
And can notes in the treble clef extend below the low C??

MaestroUGC

Yes, try not to go beyond three ledger lines for a few notes. Change staves if you will hang around in that range for a while.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

tikito

Ohhhh, gotchya  ;D
Here's the original version if you don't know what it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT6QVsWKQ5g

It's long x___x

tikito

Is a double post a post where you post 2 times in a row...? If so, sorry! I see people apologizing for it a lot and I have no idea what it is...  :-\

But I have another question!  :P
Piano is percussion-type instrument... So does that mean when you play a whole note, do you have to hold your finger on the key? Or do you just press it once then move on to the next few notes? 
I wanna know because if you have a whole note in the right and with moving notes added to it, is it possible? Like just pressing the whole note once and moving on to pressing the keys for the moving part in the same hand.

I'm confusing myself  :-\

universe-X

Yes, that's what a double post is. :P It's your topic, though, so it's no problem :P

You can hold to do a whole note, but there's also these 3 pedals under the piano (any upright or grand piano, that is) known as the damper pedals. If you hold on these, these elongate the sound of the notes that you play. Use it with caution, though.

Also, if I may suggest, you should study up a little on the piano and such before making sheets for it...

dahans

Quote from: universe-X on July 01, 2010, 09:51:35 PMYou can hold to do a whole note, but there's also these 3 pedals under the piano (any upright or grand piano, that is) known as the damper pedals. If you hold on these, these elongate the sound of the notes that you play. Use it with caution, though.
If you play a whole note you are supposed to hold the finger on the key. It doesn't matter if you use a pedal or not, you should hold the finger on the key, even if you use the pedal.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

tikito

Ohhh okay, thanks! And I really should sudy up on it x_______x, my bad..