News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Convince me to keep my Wii

Started by Tranzlater, July 18, 2010, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranzlater

I need the money and I don't use my wii much (well, at all) anymore. The only time I use it is when my friends are 'round and we play Guitar Hero, and I could just get rock band for PS3 really cheap.
I may well get a 3DS, so that's my nintendo output, and to be frank I don't care much for any new wii games.
I'd love to keep it, so confirm or convince otherwise.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SlowPokemon

If you don't care about SMG 1 for replay purposes, and you don't have/don't want SMG 2 and New Super Mario Bros, or have gotten bored of Battle Revolution, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart Wii...
I would suggest getting rid of it (my Nintendo fanaticism).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tranzlater

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 18, 2010, 07:11:50 AMIf you don't care about SMG 1 for replay purposes, and you don't have/don't want SMG 2 and New Super Mario Bros, or have gotten bored of Battle Revolution, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart Wii...
I would suggest getting rid of it (my Nintendo fanaticism).

I have got bored of MK wii.
I have sold battle revolution, realising its pointlessness.
Super Smash Bros was never really my thing.
The LAST thing I want to do is finish SMG1 once and for all, but as I play it then I remember why I got bored of it, and that reminds me why I wanna sell my wii.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

Get MadWorld. It's 10 dollars used at GameStop and it is positively my favorite wii game.  Its cheap because of its over the top violence crude humor, language, drug references, and blood. That's something that wont sell all that well on the wii. So it experienced dramatic price drops. Buy it, play it, and then think about selling your wii.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nana1Popo2

i would suggest waiting until Zelda Skyward Sword comes out, if you are a Zelda fan, but that is still a very long time away..

but, if you get a 3DS, how much exercise would you get with that? haha.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

DrP

You could get Rock Band really cheap for Wii, too!

But, I agree Nana1Popo2, Skyward Sword is gonna be huge, and not to mention there are going to be better games released in 2011!

Roz~

Skyward Sword, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn... Need I say more?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Its going to be an epic year for the wii next year! not to mention, you could sell it in 7 or 8 years for 600 dollars (possibly more for accounting for inflation)

KefkaticFanatic

Wait until next year.  If most of the new games are crap (which is incredibly likely), then sell it.  After you play the good ones.  And if they're good I would either consider hoping that there will be more good games (there won't for a while) or just sell it after you're done with them.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

Quote from: Roz~ on July 18, 2010, 12:24:57 PMSkyward Sword, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn... Need I say more?

This E3 is what made the Wii worth having bought.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Roz~

^Haha totally. I haven't touched my Wii for a while now, because I didn't think any games were worth buying. I was so happy I kept my Wii when I watched the E3, now they are going to release some epic games.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 19, 2010, 10:36:34 AM^Haha totally. I haven't touched my Wii for a while now, because I didn't think any games were worth buying. I was so happy I kept my Wii when I watched the E3, now they are going to release some epic games.

there are reasons on why I keep gaming systems. Epic Games, duh!

KefkaticFanatic

Kirby looks genuinely fun, Metroid and DKC are in dangerous "could be meh" territory, and the fact that Miyamoto was saying he's not really caring about dungeons or gameplay but rather making the game "fun" when speaking on Skyward Sword makes it sound like it'll be worse than Twilight Princess.

me irl
[close]

DrP

then on my scale, it'll be better than Link to the Past (which is a great game!)

KefkaticFanatic

You have awful taste.  Twilight Princess was not a very good game.

me irl
[close]