Convince me to keep my Wii

Started by Tranzlater, July 18, 2010, 07:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

No, I dont have awful tastes. I just like different things, and I have my reasons for liking certain games over others (certain internal aspects win me over)

KefkaticFanatic

You like Twilight Princess more than ALttP.  This makes you either mentally ill, an idiot, or somebody with very, very bad tastes.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

Although I did enjoy TP (except the bug thing), it was far from being as awesome as ALttP. Even if now I hate that game, I can easily say that maybe except OoT, no game is as good as ALttP.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

gameplay, definitely A Link to the Past, but aesthetic wise, its TP... i look for how they form a map, how they populate it with trees and shrubs and how they design places (though i absolutely hate the new kakariko village with a passion)... and i dont have bad tastes (though i should have stated my reasons earlier)

If you want my gameplay list, its: OoT, ALttP, WW, LoZ, TP, MM (im excluding handheld games).. there, happy?

KefkaticFanatic

The TP graphics were ugly and unfinished in many places.  Look at the mountains in the background in the western field area for an example (where the final battle is).  Plus they were GCN graphics as it was a GCN port.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

Yeah, the graphics weren't that good. They probably hurried just so they'd be able to release it with the Wii. Which sucks.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

i am aware of that... but how they spread out the land (and made that grand south entrance into the castle was astounding. it may not necessarily be the best type of graphics, but more of the layout... the top area  crossing over Lake Hylia was beautiful (the bridge... not really). I also liked how they named provinces (i like when everything is given a proper title... Hyrule feels like a country)

And I have to admit that no zelda game I've come across has had graphics that I like (though OoT was fine, but there were still some points in places... like bottles weren't "bottle shaped")

KefkaticFanatic

The WW art style was great.  Besides the Triforce pieces it's one of, if not the best 3D Zelda.  Majora's Mask is closely tied.

me irl
[close]

DrP

I forgot about WW in that sense! Come to think of it, it probably is one of my favorites and MM did build on OoT graphics and made them a little better!

But I heard somewhere that basiclly SS is going to be a "brighter Twilight Princess"... so, Im not going to get my hopes up and all

Master_Z

Wii is a great system. I'm not a fan of some of the games on it (WiiWare is crap, and 3rd party games are shoddy), but there are some pretty great 1st party software. Also, I use mine mostly for Virtual Console games. I mean, 5-10 dollars to re-experience those classic games and not have to worry about dirty cartridges, dead save batteries, etc? Oh, and it plays GC games.

KefkaticFanatic

The art style for SS looks very nice, as it has the "mature" look while still keeping the cell shading graphics so you don't notice how weak the Wii's hardware is.

Also, lol @ buying VC games.

me irl
[close]

DrP

except Miyamoto said they weren't gonna focus on the dungeons, so.... its going to be a mix for me until i get to play it

KefkaticFanatic

Please read the last few posts of this thread over again.

me irl
[close]

DrP

oh, sorry. sometimes I forget where I read/hear things.

Nana1Popo2

thats sad that Miyamoto isnt going to worry about dungeons (following what you said). I thought that when we first heard rumors of a "Zelda Wii" that the game would be harder than TP, because people were disappointed with it (which, of course there were people who wont like it, in my opinion was actually really cool; i liked how more realistic everything looked). But hopefully the dungeons will still be somewhat well thought of, and still have that one moment I always have which makes me think "*sigh.... now what do I do..".
and idk why im posting this in this thread considering this is about Tranzlater and his Wii. but, again, im going to just say again that at least give the new games a look at, and decide after. :/
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16