News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Yugi

Graah vermillion gym is so annoying.

Nebbles

God those trashcans

just

no
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

the_last_sheikah

SERIOUSLY!  WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR A PUZZLE?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Oh please, they're bad, but not as bad as Professor Layton has been to my brain.

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on December 12, 2012, 02:51:12 PMOn YouTube:

"Don't be hatin' on legendary pokemon. It's not "weak" to use them. In fact, it's the exact opposite. Using a legendary pokemon in battle is a testament to your prowess as a trainer in the fact that you had enough skill to track them down and capture them."

Maybe if you've EV trained them and actually SRed to get a decent IV and nature for use in competitive battles. Then it could be considered a testament to prowess.
I've never understood this blanket hate for legendaries. Sure there are some that are ungodly powerful and are annoying to face when I'm using UU- pokes. But then there are those with higher than average stats but are still easy to take out. And then there are nubers, Ubers with noobish movesets (Arceus with Tackle).

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on December 12, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
or IVs, or natures, or any of that stuff?  I almost always just use pokemon I like, not necessarily the "best" ones.
Quote from: Roz~ on December 12, 2012, 07:13:22 PMI don't care about it when I play in-game, but you have to care about that stuff if you play competitively.
I don't care either in-game, though I will use the items and wings when I can.
I build teams around pokemon I like. For example, I have a UU team with a Scrafty/Slowbro Core. Two pokemans I use to support them are Rotom and Zapdos.

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 12, 2012, 07:58:45 PMI've never understood this blanket hate for legendaries. Sure there are some that are ungodly powerful and are annoying to face when I'm using UU- pokes. But then there are those with higher than average stats but are still easy to take out. And then there are nubers, Ubers with noobish movesets (Arceus with Tackle).
There are some people, though, who rely only on using ultra-strong legendaries (e.g. Arceus without Tackle :P) to win; without them, they can't figure out any significantly "exceptional" strategies.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Well, those are people who are like "yeah I know how to battle" and just use them. It's not everyone, but hey, it happens.

spitllama

Oh don't get me wrong I love legendaries. They're comfy and easy to wear fun and really pull the games together. I just don't think that catching them constitutes being a sooper awsum trainer. Gotta put a wee bit more work into it before you can claim that.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

A lot of people hack them anyways =P

Anyone else playing in the Nintendo Wifi tournament? It's pretty fun.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

Rumored.

I really don't take a lot of things for truth from "did you know" things. Yeah, rumored, so what? It was rumored Mew was behind the truck and that never came true??

Waddle Bro

I always get the feeling "Why have I never noticed this?!" when I see that kind of stuff.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SocialFox on December 12, 2012, 07:17:42 PMGraah vermillion gym is so annoying.
Quote from: Nebbles on December 12, 2012, 07:18:00 PMGod those trashcans

just

no
If I was the leader and I wanted to troll trainers, I would totally have a switch behind the gate so that they can't get both of them.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 15, 2012, 07:39:52 PMIf I was the leader and I wanted to troll trainers, I would totally have a switch behind the gate so that they can't get both of them.
I would have it where you had to run across a long strip, with one switch on each side (e.g. impossible to do unless you can run at twice the speed of a bicycle).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 15, 2012, 07:39:52 PMIf I was the leader and I wanted to troll trainers, I would totally have a switch behind the gate so that they can't get both of them.

You'd definitely be my favorite gym leader ever. :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.