News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Clanker37

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 04, 2013, 08:26:17 PMHave they ever done anything like this before?
I think they do it with every new game announcement, at least. To get us all hyped up. I remember when they did for a nothing-speacial Mewtwo event a while back. So the realistic chances of a surfing Emolga is higher then you think xD

SlowPokemon

Yeah, that's why I'm only tentatively excited. It's probably the Meloetta event or something. It's too soon after B2/W2 and Mystery Dungeon is about to come out.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

oh true it probably is

that's still good though I want my damn Meloetta
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Cobraroll

May I quote a post I made on Smogon on the matter?

Quote from: Cobraroll;4527616...[T]he pattern might have been broken by B2/W2.

Generations 3 and 4 have had three releases of new main series games: Main series pair, main series third game, pair of remakes, adding up to five games in total, with two distinctly different storylines, the story of the fifth game being a slight change from the two first.

Generation five has only had two releases of main series games: Black/White, and Black2/White2. Four games, two different storylines (though not as distinctly as before).

If GameFreak decides not to remake any games for Gen. V, and stick to the two pairs of games, the duration of Gen. V may be cut drastically, whereas the amount of games in the generation only differs by one. The amount of storylines would be the same.

The current release pattern suggests we're in for another game in late 2013 or early 2014. The pattern goes that a game is usually released every other year, but often two games of the same generation are released in consecutive years ("Game" here obviously meaning "pair of games" where applicable). Seeing as B2/W2 were released fairly early in 2012 (In Japan, mind you), late 2013 wouldn't be too shabby of a guess for a new game release, with an international release early in 2014.

Question is: Will that new game belong to the fifth or the sixth generation?
An indication that the fifth generation is coming to an end can be seen in the Anime. Ash&co. are almost finished with Unova. An arc with N and Ghetsis remains, but after that, there isn't a whole lot more they can do there. Unless a pair of remakes feature a decent excuse to do a region over again (A la Battle Frontier), or the Anime breaks away from the games for the first time since the Orange Saga, they will need a new region to go to.

Zoroark was the first indication that a new Generation was in the works. It was announced in February 2010, and the games were released in Japan in mid-September that same year, seven months later (international release March 2011). If a new Pokémon is shown on January 8, the corresponding games would be released in Japan in late summer/early fall 2013, some fifteen months after B2/W2. It would fit into the current pattern, but it would mean a record-high frequency of game releases (Around thirty nanohertz for the past few years).

Conclusion: We're due for a new game release in a few months. There is little evidence to suggest if it is a remake or a new generation, but a game would be coming between now and next Christmas. The news on January 8 could very well be the first hinting towards those new games, it would be a nice fit time-wise.

Or, again, Volt Tackle Emolga. If we keep our expectations down, we won't be let down by anyhting.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nebbles

I don't know. I don't think we need gen 6 yet. It feels too early.

Waddle Bro

It's the Ruby and Sapphire remakes. It must be. Anyone who disagrees, see that thing up there?

It's called the Logout button.

Nebbles

It could be remakes or whatever because that does make some sense, giving something else to 5th gen?

In all honesty I don't believe we're getting a generation 6 this time around.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 05, 2013, 03:13:11 PMIt's the Ruby and Sapphire remakes. It must be. Anyone who disagrees, see that thing up there?

It's called the Logout button.
I'm safe! :P

Quote from: Nebbles on January 05, 2013, 03:19:00 PMIt could be remakes or whatever because that does make some sense, giving something else to 5th gen?

In all honesty I don't believe we're getting a generation 6 this time around.
That would make sense, given that many people feel as if it would be way too early for G6 yet... maybe they should focus more on expanding G5 and the Dream World before they even consider that...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

which is why the RSE option makes sense, we have a 5th gen-esque battle frontier (my wish) and add ons to the Dream World. It's a good idea.

Yugi

I think that it will be a Emerald Remake, rather than a Ruby/Sapphire Remake, based on cobraroll's theory that there are 5 games in each Generation.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on January 05, 2013, 03:41:27 PMI think that it will be a Emerald Remake, rather than a Ruby/Sapphire Remake, based on cobraroll's theory that there are 5 games in each Generation.
But Black 2/White 2 broke the normal pattern, so the number of remakes (2) wouldn't matter, would it? Although I'd prefer Emerald, they might just have Ruby/Sapphire with Emerald-like features.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

It'd be better for them to do Emerald anyway, just to get both features and whatnot

and I just want the Hoenn battle frontier back too >_>

BlackDragonSlayer

Hmmm...
When I entered the Dream World, I had 6,670 points. When I left, I now have 6980, meaning that I gained 310 points. If I get about 300 points every time I enter the Dream World, three-or-so visits per dream (when you when the Pokemon up), then it should take around 10 more days to get to 10,000 points.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

On the other hand, the DS generation is at a close. Any new game will have to be for the 3DS and as such likely Gen. VI
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Yeah, this is definitely 3DS exclusive, that much is obvious. I'm pretty sure BW2 are the last DS pokemon games, as PMD3 was for the 3DS. Wasn't it that way with the first PMD games (ignoring Dash, because that was awful) to really utilize the DS' features?