News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Jub3r7

To counter it, all you need is to own a Ghost Type, or anybody that resists sand storm.  :P

@JDMEK5 A FEAR Ratata (usually level 1) has a focus sash to survive the first hit, endeavor to take you down to 1 hp, and quick attack to finish you off in the next turn.
A FEAR Aron has the ability sturdy to survive the hit, endeavor to take you to 1 hp, and sandstorm to kill you in the same turn. Usually holds a shell bell so it can do this over and over again. :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jompa

I remember I thought I had invented a super-original-and-cool tactic, by using a Taillow, but it turned out to be the well-know "FEAR tactic" :P
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on January 22, 2013, 08:14:38 AMI remember I thought I had invented a super-original-and-cool tactic, by using a Taillow, but it turned out to be the well-know "FEAR tactic" :P
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Oh. That's actually pretty brilliant.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Kman96

to be honest, I've never heard of the name "FEAR" until just yesterday when you guys brought it up...

I'd heard of the focus sash-endeavor-quick attack manuever before, but I've never used it/seen it used before....I also had no idea that there were other, similar tactics that performed similar results.

So, I guess i'm that Slowpoke :P
Party Hard!
[close]

JDMEK5

I was against this one random guy on Pokémon Online and he basically took me out completely with his Darkrai.

It was probably holding a quick claw.
He put me to sleep right away with some move like hypnosis.
I was constantly getting hurt because of his ability.
I was stuck getting hurt and sleeping while he used double team about 800 times.
So when I finally woke up, he just put me to sleep again and used dream eater till I died.
(And even if his sleeping move were to miss, I wouldn't be able to hit him anyways because of his huge evasiveness)
Repeat with the rest of my team.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 22, 2013, 07:16:03 AMFEARons are so cheap. Seriously, if I see an Aron on someones team I forfeit straight away. Not even going to waste my time.
Better to fight and have a chance of winning... :P Will-o-Wisp is a good move to have sometimes...

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 22, 2013, 11:05:55 AMI was against this one random guy on Pokémon Online and he basically took me out completely with his Darkrai.

I was stuck getting hurt and sleeping while he used double team about 800 times.
So when I finally woke up, he just put me to sleep again and used dream eater till I died.
(And even if his sleeping move were to miss, I wouldn't be able to hit him anyways because of his huge evasiveness)
Vital Spirit, Lum Berry, or a faster counter... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

lol Shado.

But I actually used counter instead of endeavor..
Birdo for Smash

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, new event soon:
"For those of you with the English Black 2 & White 2 games, a new WiFi event has been announced. This WiFi event gives you a Level 50 Keldeo with the moves Sacred Sword, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump and Swords Dance. It will run from January 25th 2013 until February 12th 2013 so get it while you can. We'll post any details about any further releases of this event." (serebii.net)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 22, 2013, 11:05:55 AMI was against this one random guy on Pokémon Online and he basically took me out completely with his Darkrai.

Darkrai has base 125 speed meaning it's max is 383. It probably used Dark Void
Just switch out if you're playing under sleep clause(which is very unlikely for assholes leading with Darkrai). If not, I usually switch between a sleeping pokemon and an awake one because they'll try to spam Dark Void/Hypnosis.
You should almost always switch out when your pokemon gets put to sleep anyway.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

By using Double Team, that guy violated all known competitive clauses anyway. I doubt that Sleep Clause was in effect if Evasion Clause wasn't.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 23, 2013, 12:11:41 AMBy using Double Team, that guy violated all known competitive clauses anyway. I doubt that Sleep Clause was in effect if Evasion Clause wasn't.
??? This is pokémon online terminology right? 'Cause it's greek to me. (The clause stuff)

My Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 23, 2013, 02:49:10 AM??? This is pokémon online terminology right? 'Cause it's greek to me. (The clause stuff)
Clauses are often a part of competitive battling (not just "duke it out until somebody wins" :P); Sleep Clause means that you can only cause the Sleep status on one of your opponent's Pokemon (not including Rest used by the opponent), something the opponent can very easily take advantage of.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

And Evasion Clause would be..?

My Arrangements

Waddle Bro

Double Team, Minimize, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak and that kinda stuff is banned.